1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were in the NFL would you...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Mar 22, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    go to your teams forum to see what the fans thought about you or the team?

2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so you´re tryin to see how many threads with your name under it, fit on one page do you...to answer the question, yes i would

3. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    just trying to give us something to talk about during this off season. there's not much to talk about when all your teams done is get wilson and grove.

i would too. i would try to find out what people thought about me. i wouldn't let them know i was me though. maybe i would after a few years and of course they wouldn't believe me and i would have to prove it to them by telling them something i was gonna do in the next game or next interview i had.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I would stay as far away from it as I possibly could. Reason being is because when it comes to football the fans response is usually driven by emotion. You can't let emotion guide your transactions. If I were to read fans responses I'd be incredibly prone to getting someone the fans wanted and that might not be good for the team.

PhinsRock likes this.
  5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i dunno, it would be nice to see the fan point of view

6. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Yes I would......my reputation is important...although I think I would have to have thick skin...very thick skin

7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    you would definitely have to have thick skin! Can you imagine Ginn being in a dolphins forum right after we drafted him? lol.

2socks likes this.
  8. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    that would be tuff...wouldn't wish that on anyone

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Interesting question...I'm not too sure I would, although I'm a pretty confident person so getting bashed by fans, if I felt I was good enough or knew of other circumstances that kept me from getting better stats or whatever it might be difficult to not get snooty. I'm just not too sure..I'm sure I would at least read the main sites associated with my team and I'm sure that the Trio have a crony who is responsible to check some sites occasionally.

10. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I'm sure the owners are interested in the fans opinions. I think they should bring back the horrible hankee from the 60's i believe. i wish someone important would read that and bring it back. The Steelers stole that from us with the terrible towel. just like the houston oilers stole our fight song.

11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Yes and I know for a fact that some players actually do do that.

12. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    care to elaborate?

13. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    I know people around the NFL.

14. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    do you know of any dolphins players visiting this forum?

15. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    No, no Miami players.

Only players in New York and Chicago.

16. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    so in that case, he only knows crappy players.

:lol:

dolfan32323 and late again like this.
  17. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

I'm on here every day, so YEAH! :tongue2:

18. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    :rimshot:

19. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    [​IMG]

20. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    I didn't say they were Jets, did I? :shifty:

FinSane likes this.
  21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If the owners did read this site then they should immediately start to change the structure of our stadium so that are fans can start to make a real impact on the game, which would put so much more money in their pockets their bank accounts would bust...but their simply not progressive enough in their thinking to understand the concept...Think joe bailey.

22. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I wouldn't read them. I'd probably stay as far away as I could. :lol:

Maybe every once in awhile.

23. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'm not sure about this, but if you're involved with an NFL team... Isn't it frowned upon to read these sites? I'm really not sure, but I think that may be the status as far as that goes...

24. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Theres got to be a set of rules somewhere, maybe pounded into the ears of every rookie by the team's PR director, or stipulated in every NFL contract, forbidding players from posting in fan forums, on grounds it would directly conflict with their contractual obligation as a spokesman of the team. This, considering the number of players that continue to stream through this league, and yet,

1. How rare it is, if ever, a player has posted anything.
    2. All the critcism that goes down, week after week, deserved or not.
    3. All the competitive NFL sized ego's, and/or loose cannons, who would suffer meltdowns and defend themselves.
    4. Reading forums would offer unfiltered, straightforward perspective on performance. Accurate or not, its tough to fathom, 3rd tier players wouldn't be the least bit interested, how they're being percieved by fans.

Imo, either there's rules against it, to prompt constant anonymity, or they simply don't frequent the team forums.

25. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    This would definitely make sense.

26. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Only the Club section of sites. Try to avoid the trolls and people who react emotionally instead of being fair-minded.

That's not to say our mains are full of that, but most boards' mains are. Ours are actually very very good. I'm quite proud of the fact that our mains don;t tend to attract people who curse and criticize things with no information whatsoever. Everyone here seems decently informed and well-behaved.

Most forums though... guh, no thanks.

27. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    everybody wants to be a critic

28. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I can't lie, I would be very curious and want to do so. Although, I would also know to take what the fans say with a grain of salt. No point in taking it to heart if the fans say something nasty about you and no point letting it go to your head if they say something good.

29. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I know some player on the Washington Redskins routinely goes onto a Washington Redskins forum to talk with fans and other topics.

People there didn't believe him and asked him to submit odd-ball pictures (ex. like a picture of him holding a roll of toliet paper) he did and and they realized it was him. If you want to know more ask Skull Destroyer, he is a Redskins fan an was telling me about it.

30. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I would. Not only would I be a frequent poster. I would also be a team spy. You would all have the best information possible. That info would all be in my own forum that the admins would give me. If you ever disrespected me, or questioned my mad skills, you would be banned from my forum and would never get any secret Dolphins info. You wanna know what Sparano had for lunch? I'm you're guy. You wanna know who he had lunch with? I'm your guy. You wanna know who everyone in the locker room hates, but wouldnt ever make it public? I'm your guy. I would risk my career to serve the fans. I might even scan and post the entire Miami offensive playbook.

but i dont play for the dolphins. however, i still think i should be king of my own sub-forum.