1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If someone is going to break that record

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Let it be the Green Bay Packers.

I have always had respect for that organiation, mainly because they constantly do things the right way.
    I didnt want the Pats to do it because I hate that ****ing team and their douchey m******* fanbase, plus they are cheaters.

But I have no animosity for Green Bay, they are an excellent team with an excellent, likeable QB, who we should have drafted.

Seriously forget about Long over Ryan, it should have been Rodgers over Brown.

I am sick and tired of living in the past, I am sick of rooting for other teams to lose to preserve this hallowed record.
    I am sick and tired of watching this current team lose and dissapoint.
    I am sick and tired of this decade of mediocrity.
    I really dont care about it anymore, the majority of this team's fans were not even alive in 1972.
    I want this team to start making some new history, I want to see a winner in Miami every damn sunday.
    I look at the great teams in the NFL and I think to myself: When is that going to be us?
    That starts with a new regime and a new QB(Preferably RGIII or Barkley)
    Thats how we get fans in seats, thats how football in this city becomes relevant again.

SCall13, FinSane and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    im with you on green bay breaking the record. It will probably happen eventually so rather they do it first then the jets, cowgirls, patsies or bills.

SCall13 likes this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I hope they don't. All my friends teams have won championships since the last Dolphin championship which was before I was born. The only thing I can hang my hat on is 16-0. When talking ****

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    And how sad is that? You werent even swimming when we last one a championship.

5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Super sad

6. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Im with you all the way on this one Frud. That, and Marino's record, are all nice but records are meant to be broken, as are Marino's in this new era of passing and only in time will our undefeated record will be too. I'd trade our undefeated record for another Super Bowl in my lifetime. Sorry longtime fans. Sorry Mr. Shula and the remaining members of the '72 team. This team needs new life.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Gmen have our backs...again!

8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You're sick of the Dolphins organization having something to be proud of? You're sick of them having a unique accomplishment in pro football? Who gives a damn if it was before we were born. If anything cursed this franchise it was running Shula and Marino off before they were ready. Not the perfect season.

Steven-O, GreysonWinfield and Ozzy like this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    F the packers go giants

GreysonWinfield, Ozzy and xphinfanx like this.
  10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Marino was done his last season. I don't see how he could've been more ready to be run off.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm sick of some of the youth today that have no repsect for the past. You are 23 with a lot to learn.

muscle979 likes this.
  12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'm ok with Green Bay doing it for all the reasons mentioned. I still want that record, but they're the perfect team to do it if you had to pick someone.

I think the '72 group feels similarly. Ive heard similar sentiments from Shula and others. The problem they and we have is with division rivals doing it. Especially when we were so bad. Also, Packer fans are among the best around. It's not like some douchy Bahstan fan or spoiled Steelers fanbase. They're a unique group and that's a small town in Cheeseland.

13. Ozzy

So you're sick of living in the past?

14. Ozzy

If you're a Dolphins fan and are rooting for a team to go undefeated because your sick of living in the past then you should rethink it. If you're willing to see a team like GB do it because you like the way their team/town is thats fine

15. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    If it's not this it's people pissing on Marino's records because they weren't there to see them. As if they mean nothing to the organization.

Ozzy likes this.
  16. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Its not that we're not proud of the past, but to the rest of the league we look like morons when all we can talk about is the undefeated season and Marino. We look like a fan base that's stuck in the past. We look like we feel as if we're the only ones entitled to having a perfect season. As a fan base, we need to move on from the past. We need something new to talk about.

17. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    I'll second that. It will get broken some day and when it happens, maybe the "curse" will go with it and we'll be able to regain our rightful place to prominence.

18. Ozzy

Do you really think that the perfect season makes you look like a moron? Seriously man, that has nothing to do with it. Nothing!

19. Ozzy

Lmao at Cursed....

20. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Records are made to be broken but I hope the Packers don't do it.If they do I tip my hat to them because it is do hard to accomplish.The Dolphins record is one that can only be matched but never really broken.

21. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I don't think it will happen but if it does, there no other team in the league i rather see do it then Green Bay. I am hoping they lose in the regular season so i can root for them in the playoffs... Also i think this is one of the last few opportunities teams will have if they do eventually decide to have 18 game seasons.

22. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Just because you may be pissed off about the current team, why turn your back on the history of the team. No way I will, I dont get mad at our Hallowed record and the 72 team just because the current team is under-performing in comparison. Doesnt matter how many years go by, being upset that the 72 record is still cherised is shortsighted because you are angry at the current squad. One should not have anything to do with the other.

I can have and do have both, I root for the current and accept where they are at, and at the same time, I do root that the 72 team retains its well earned PERFECTVILLE population. Why would I want to be without the perfect record while the current team is also disappointing? I cant change the current situation, but can root for the history to remain. Let the current generation catch up to the standards the past generation set.

Now, if GB joins, so be it, but I wont turn my back on the 72 team and act like its long over due and since our current squad dissapoints we should not care about the 72 team, thats just shortsighted and silly in my opinion.

I do hope the GB takes a loss soon! Perfectville is Population 1 and hope it remains that way for another season.

P.S. what curse by the way? We have won SB Championships following the perfect season....and been back to the SB multiple times following our last championship. There is no curse -- aside from crappy leadership.

Ozzy likes this.
  23. Ozzy

I'm not the HUGE Marino fan and I'm not saying I hated the guy either but I always root for whomever it is, to fall short of ANY record he set.

muscle979 likes this.
  24. Steven-O

Steven-O F*** the JETS!!

Jun 30, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    i agree i'd rather packers get it than pats or cowgirls in the future.... doesnt mean i want it to happen at all still. hope only our organization keeps this accomplishment in my lifetime at least. haha

25. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    It was curse long in the making. It's been downhill ever since. yea, we repeated, and went back twice, the last being the 84 season. No defense for Marino to speak of and no QB since marino. see the pattern?

Anyway, lighten up. it was all in jest anyway.