1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Roth does not Practice today, does it mean we Trade him

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Im pretty sure Roth could begin practicing today, correct me im wrong. Teams have until tommorrow at 4 to make trades. So, is it safe to say that if Roth is not practicing today Miami will trade him. Afterall why risk some type of Injury to a guy you can get value for.

Just a Thought.0

BTW Channing & Porter are both practicing as reported by EdgaThompson of the PBP.

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Coach said last week it could be wednesday.. that the nfl was holding it back.

We don't want to trade Mat.. we will never get his worth.. let him earn his way back onto the field. Mat takes a big chunk of the field away.. we could use that.. turn everything back inside again. They were estatic about his progress before the "non football" injury, lets get him on the feild and see if he learned anything. The game started slowing down for him last year.. that will only get better with reps.

DOLPHAN1 and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=39274

He starts to practice tommorrow and I will not rule him being traded. Roth becomes a FA after the season, I would much rather get something for him before he is gone.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The Jets had a 100 yard rushing game against us, well over our average at the time. I saw a lot of people attributing that to them running right at JT. If that's the case, we could definitely use Roth to get in there and stuff up the run.

I was thinking differently a week or so ago, but thinking about it again I really just don't think we'd get someone who could produce now, in exchange for Roth (who should be able to produce now). Wait till the season is over if we decide to trade him, but if they didn't decide to fire off a trade going into the bye week, where they can give someone that extra week of training, I doubt they're going to do it 6 days from game day.

dolfan7171 and Paul 13 like this.
  5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    This "non-football" injury just made him cheaper.. his worth in trade, and his next contract.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    why trade Roth, when we have a glut of duplicate WRs ... trade CAM if you are going to trade for a WR ...

we need Roth on the strong side ... if we hope to make a serious run at the playoffs ...

a healthy Roth and Bowe as a WR improve this team heading down the stretch ...

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Do we even practice on Mondays? I honestly don't think Roth is being moved... or if we can even move him given that he hasn't played. Another team can't see how he is practicing, let alone playing. We need him to play strong side and take some of the load off JT (who could wear down) and JP (who is already banged up). Our need for Roth outweighs any trade value he has. Plus, he'll be a restricted free agent next year, won't be hard to tender (and then trade if we needed to at that point).

dolfndav34 and cnc66 like this.
  8. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Leon Washington and Thomas Jones combined for about 90 yards against us. The "rushing" numbers were inflated due to the 2 fake punts, which were attributed as rushing plays.

Our run defense was solid against the jets. Our run defense is excellent, with or without Matt Roth.

JimToss likes this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Trades are few and far between in the NFL, especially during the season. Fun to speculate, however chances of Miami making a trade, especially for someone of siginficance, is rare. There might trade Moses to someone for a 6th rounder or something.

gunn34 likes this.
  10. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    As for why we have been so solid against the run. You can tank Starks, Langford, Merling and Soliai. Yes I said Soliai, there is another thread about why we have been so great against the run. BTW the Jets have a good rushing attack, look at how they ran against the Bills, but we stoped them.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=39204

11. calfishman

calfishman Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 27, 2008

This week we do since we didn't play on Sunday. Dolphins were looking for clarification on the exact day Roth could start. Classically its Tuesday because most teams will have the Monday off. Sparano was trying to find out from the league if they would allow Roth to practice this Monday.

dolfan7171, cnc66 and Paul 13 like this.
  12. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think we make no moves. Ireland likes having the picks too much.

13. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    How does one trade a player in the off season when said player is going to be a free agent in the off season?????

14. calfishman

calfishman Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 27, 2008
    With no collective bargaining agreement, I think Roth may not be a free agent this spring. Also, we have the franchise tag.

15. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    He'll likely be a restricted free agent... tender him at his 2nd round value at the very least.. you could then trade him for less than that if need be. This is assuming with no CBA, the restricted tender process is still in place.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  16. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    In all likelihood the NFL would delay the start of free agency rather than heading into an uncapped year, it happened a few years ago.

17. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Roth fits our defense
    comes @ the right price
    he's going nowhere