1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I were GM.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    With all the resources we have its likely this offseason will dictate where this franchise is headed. Will this "rut" continue, or will we finally be back where we belong as perennial contenders.

If Steven Ross called me Tommorow this is what I would do.

Resign Hartline 5M per year....he can be a very good #2, an uncanny chemistry with RT despite missing almost all of camp.

Resign Clemons...no need to cut ties with him so soon.

Offer a discounted contract to Starks and see if he bites.

Let the other guys walk.

2013 FA

Sign

WR Greg Jennings- as much as I prefer Wallace, Jennings just makes too much sense and will be a few million cheaper.

WR Danny Amendola- if I can get this kid for 2-3M I don't hesitate, he brings a dynamic to our team we have never had. A TRUE sure handed slot WR.

TE Fred Davis- coming off a serious injury his value may be just right, I'd love a Cook or Martellus but we can't win em all.

G Louis Vasquez- he may be out of our price range but getting him for 4-5M would be a bargain.

OT Wil Savitek- I've been touting this guy for a year now, he's 30 years old but can play left or Right tackle. I saw a breakdown last year if this guy dominating Jared Allen with not as much help as you would expect. Zone blocker, we need this guy.

DE Matt Shaughnessy- would be a fine fit for our base 4-3 and not going to break the bank.

LB Brad Jones- the former Packer can play inside and out, with this being Dansbys last season most likely he would make a lot of sense.

CB Bradey Fletcher- a 26 year old guy with a lot of talent may be better suited for the slot but...

CB Mike Jenkins- this guy will get a second chance somewhere, and maybe Miami is the right change of scenery.

CB Greg Toler- like him a lot, potential to be a very good starter.

S David Bruton- could push Clemons for starting role, serviceable backup at worse.

2013 NFL Draft

Draft day trade: Miami sends WR Davone Bess to the Bengals for 3rd round # 84

#12- DE Ezekiel Ansah---what a great mentor Cam Wake would be to this kid, Ansah would make an immediate impact.

#42- TE Zach Ertz---reminds me a ton of Jason Witten, not very fast but does just about everything else you would want a TE to do well.

#54- WR Quinton Patton--refined route runner who knows how to get open, end of the 2nd round would be excellent for QP.

#77- OT David Bakhitari--started as a freshman at RT, IMO could come in and do better than Jon Martin did as a rookie.

#82- CB Jordan Poyer--I love guys who make plays on the ball defensively, some players just have a knack for the pigskin.

#84-(from Cinncy) WR Marcus Davis--big and fast, as a degenerate gambler I watched a lot of VT games and this kid had every bit as bad QB play as Allen did.

#108- OG Justin Pugh
    #139- RB Kenjon Barner
    #203- LB Devonte Holloman
    #208- TE Travis Kelce

I'd be a little nervous at CB, but that's a position that can be protected by a good pass rush (Wake-Ansah).

So there you have it.

Yo Steve, call me!

Bpk, Aquafin and Stringer Bell like this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'd start a campaign called Fire-O Fin-O.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Considering you're judgment of GM's, I'll take that as a compliment. :up:

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You don't even know what my judgement of GMs is yet.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I do, you don't.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    that's a long list of FAs. I'd also give Long a reasonable, but not over-the-top contract offer, while he goes out and tests the market, I'd bring Vollmer in and see if he's cheaper and sign him instead.

7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    If fin-o were gm, he'd bring amare and mello to the dolphins and hire sweatervest to be our coach. No thanks.

Ozzy, Fin-Omenal, Fin D and 1 other person like this.
  8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Amare would be an awesome TE and Melo awesome at WR. They cant be worse then what we had their last year.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    kevin durants a much better option at wr :shifty:

Boik14 likes this.
  10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I like it.

Add Felix Hernandez at QB and we may be on to something.

No Tressel though, I was one of the few around here who didnt adore him.

Boik14 likes this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Ok ok ok, I'll give u guys what u want.

Sign Wallace and Jennings and Levitre and Byrd draft Cordelle Patterson, Keenan Allen and Tyler Eifert.

Lets do this!

Aquafin likes this.
  13. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Make sure Steve is aware of your changes. We can't **** this off season up!

14. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    - Eifert + trade down and get Ertz. - Levitre + Paul kruger.

15. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I'll take Bess over a 3rd round pick all day.

That's a lot of free agents signing's. I'd be happy with those pick up's for sure, but I don't think Amendola would come that cheap.

16. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    if I were the fearless kohuna I would trade Bess to sf for rb Kendall Hunter and I would cut Daniel Thomas AND the entire secondary then I would sign two vet cornnerbacks
    and one vet safety. then i would review the draft and stay away from drafting positions of the weakest and then draft.

I like the te from Noter dame.

I would draft 2 wr's 2 te's 3 olinemen and add another safety.

or I would sit on my *** and let our division rivials leave us in the dust and i would tune in to this website for good advise. :pointlol:

17. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    In all seriousness

1. I like some of the F.A. pickups. A lot of young guys who've shown some ability to play ball. These would be types I think Ireland would look at. Young, cheap, potentially solid players. Maybe even one pops up and becomes really good (ala Randy Starks). So kudos for that. Amendola is a bad signing. Kid's got plenty of talent, no ability to stay healthy. Dead money. And it won't really help our WR situation long or short term. It's a band aid on a gunshot wound. Not a fan of Fred Davis either. Kid has issues.

2. Not a fan of the CB signings. You let SS24 walk, fine. I don't want to pay his *** anyway. But if you do that, you have to invest in a CB before round 3. CB instantly becomes a must have position for us. And the FA you signed are not legitimate replacements.

3. The draft - Not horrible, but not great. Jonathan Banks #12 immediately becomes the pick in your scenario, IMO. He probably will be IRL assuming he's available. Tank in round 2 would be a better choice, assuming he's available. More talented than Ansah, at a cheaper cost. Which pushes Ertz out. Patton is a good pickup (my 2nd favorite WR after Bailey). If Bailey is available, I'd take him over Patton, and try and trade up from round 3a to get Patton next. 3b/4, I like Joesph Fauria, a touchdown machine.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I just don't feel like CBs are as valuable as many others, unless ofcourse you find a rare talent and that could easily be Banks.

What the market will be for Amendola is something I'm anxious to see play out.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Travis Kerce will be a steal for someone late.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ertz is not fast.?... He better be real fast if he wants to get drafted before Eifert.

Man FinO, you wanna sign 11 free agents, that's a lotta beef..you really wanna gut this team and turn it over?

I like your Freddie Davis signing..liked him coming out and has played well in the pros.

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I just got all that $$ and went around shopping for all the young cheap talents I could find. I too think Davis is going to be a bargain for someone assuming his rehab is on schedule.

22. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Ertz is probably and all around better prospect. I think he'll go before Eifert, who I don't think is that much faster...

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No and no...lol

J/k man, I like Eifert as the better prospect.

24. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Amendola is not an upgrade over Bess and is very injury prone. Trading Bess for a 3rd is ridiculous IMO.

Will Svitek, not Wil Savitek, did not play last season, he was on IR all season, so not sure how you saw what you said you saw.

25. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I saw the breakdown last year, the game was in 2011 when he replaced Sam Baker then went ahead took his spot at LT even once he was healthy. So in essence...he was a better option than Baker when both were healthy. And obviously the didnt even play the Vikings in 12.

And a healthy Amendola and a healthy Bess isn't even close. And I would trade Bess for a 4th personally, but some team may overpay with a 3rd.

Sorry but Bess is just a run of the mill WR who gets targets by the default of being a Miami Dolphin. A 3rd and I would be dancing in the street.