1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If he doesn't play Ricky...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finominal, Nov 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Yea! Finheaven. Man what a year, and then the friggin forum goes down too!!!
    Now, tell me, is there any way this coach does not play a former Heisman trophy winner, former NFL rushing leader, on a team that is 0-10 and has lost a starting quarterback and starting running back? OMG that would be the final straw for me if he does something so stupid.

2. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    I think it all depends on how well he knows the plays, one week of practice is a very small amount of time to get into an offense, even if it is similar to what Norve ran when he was here.

There is no point in putting him out there if he doesn't know what he is doing. I hope they have used this week to get him familiar with a particular package where we can get him on the field for 10-15 snaps when we are in that one formation.

3. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

But he does know what he's doing. Cam mentioned in a PC that Ricky jumped right in there and knew the plays. Cam said the terminology is basically verbatim what Norv Turner uses - and Ricky knows Norv's O.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    meh.. he's missed 44 games, screwed us 5 times and he is your savior.. sad

5. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

How do you really feel about the situation, brother? :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007
  6. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's really uhh...silly. Starting Ricky in Pittsburgh is pretty much only a last ditch situation. He probably doesnt need the playbook, and even if he still has something left, after a layoff he traditionally needs a game or two to get back into the flow.

7. Dolphan5876

Dolphan5876 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He will play. They should use him as a decoy as much as possible. and get Beck to use playaction to go deep. It sure has been hard to watch the dolphins this year but if you have been watching you can almost see it turning around. Play Ricky for the rest of the season and trade him for a 5'th or 6'th Rd. pick. Stock up on Defense in the next draft and the dolphins will surprise next year. "Worst to First Baby"!!!

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rickey should at least return kick offs.

9. dolphan117

Nov 24, 2007
    I know but I'm still not sure a guy is really comfortable enough with the offense to go out there and play all the forms after just a couple practices. I mean its one thing to know the terminology, its another thing to understand the offense to the point you can just go out there and play instead of having to think it all through every play.

10. dolphan117

Nov 24, 2007
    I really hope you are kidding. There is no way anyone should take kickoff returns away from Ginn.

11. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Hell yea it's sad! Dang, how much are you paying attention? We win two games this YEAR and we get UP to sad. I'm just looking for a smle on my face from somewhere, and if I can get that from a guy who played eleven games in Canada last season, I'll take it. I don't care what his name is, my starting runnng back is out, the next guy is hurting, and now we get Heisman winner former NFL leading rusher with fresh legs to join our team. I'll take it...

12. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I love Ricky Williams. I love the way he plays. I love the interviews he gives. And I love the “He did what? Again!†factor. I hope he is a Dolphin long term this time. Just like I hoped the previous times he has come back.

Hmmmm, maybe I’m codependent? I better stay away from drunk girls….

13. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    ON NFL Countdown they said Ricky will play and get most of the carries.

14. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm excited, I hope he plays and plays well, I also hope he figures out a way to stick around and pay us all back for the grief he's caused over the years. We'll see if he's still got it, if he does we should ride him til the wheels fall off.

Whatever anyone can say about his personal life doesn't change the fact that he was one of the most exciting players to watch we have had in the post Marino depression era.

15. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    How much knowledge does it take to know what hole is supposed to be open to run through? The 3 hole, 4 hole, 1 hole... It is all in the name of the play, which is changed weekly anyway... It is all about seeing the daylight anyway. You see a hole, you punch through it. This O-Line has been doing a great job of opening the holes this year... Ricky was on pace to win the rushing title this year and Chatman came in and has had some great gains as well. I feel that Ricky will do QUITE well in this offense...

Sure he will be slow to start but I think that if this guy can run for 700+ yards in the final 6 games, we can get a decent draft pick for him.

16. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA

I'd be happy getting back what we lost with the Trent Green trade.

Although 700 yards in 6 games ..........tempting to keep him if he does that though....

.....hey I said tempting not that I'd do it...:laugh:

17. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    :faint:

Lay off the crack pipe brotha....

18. kadiddlehopper

kadiddlehopper Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Really. Don't mind him blocking for Ted though.

19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    mmm...craaccckkk...

Seriously though, Chatman is injured so we will see Rickey on most plays.

20. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

I guess that was directed at me? He is not our savior, but he's likely our best chance to win. At least he's here to play. Your saviors, Culpepper and Saban, are no longer with the team. We have to put some hope into someone. He may not be with us after this year, he may not be the model player, but he plays hard, runs hard, works hard, etc when he is here. I at least will give him credit for that.