1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love that...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    ...Gray closed out the game for us. Keeps Miller fresh and healthy.

...Dion Sims and Albert are back.

...people are still butt hurt about Tannehill. Despite a good qb rating against the #1 pass defense. You know what you can do.

...Parker and Ajayi are still waiting in the wings.

...Reshad added a full twist to his end zone flip.

...our coach has more fire than Heatmiser.

[​IMG]

BWAHAHAAA !!!

What'd you love?

Sceeto, Puka-head, Califin and 7 others like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Didn't run out of booze in the first half this time!

3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

4. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    How is this even a conversation about Tanny? Did you not witness the running game taking control and the defense puttin' in their two cents? This win had absolutely nothing to do with the QB.

BigNastyDB13 likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Love Dan and the Danimals

Loved that they moved and ran ryan early..

adored that he ran on his own unscripted..

releeeeeeeeeease the krakennnnnnn!!!!!

love the on field emotion...love love that..

loved when that dude went out of bounds on our sideline and we got up in his ***.

love that look that lazor gave Coach after the first TD.

Love how Dan and Rizzi seem to be doing this together but everyone knows this is dans team now.

Love all the dolphin fans in tennesee..what the hell is going on out there...weve been everywhere, that redskin game there was at least 25,000 grand there.

Love that post presser by Coach..

Puka-head, DolphinGreg and Pandarilla like this.
  6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

It's not. It's aboot what you personally loved aboot the game...

cuchulainn and DolphinGreg like this.
  7. Dolphinzdawgg

Dolphinzdawgg Banned

Feb 22, 2015
    Coral Gables, FL
    You see all those empty seats at Sun Life ? It's not due to the heat, some is due to the losing but more of its due to South Florida being a not so great place to live & especially to raise a family, and a hell of a lot of former Miami residents LIVING ELSEWHERE NOW.

Just look at this board, I've been to others boards and the amount of regular posters on our board that are not local residents at much higher % (maybe as high as 25%) than other teams.

I own a Facebook group called "We grew up in Miami in the 60's & 70's", and I have nearly 10,000 members. About 90% of the members live elsewhere - no kidding - and we lament many times the loss of the wonderful Miami we grew up in.. This often means their children, and also grandchildren live elsewhere, and many of them HAVE kept the "rooting for the FINZ" alive and well, because of things such as Sunday Ticket.

Mcduffie81, djphinfan and Pandarilla like this.
  8. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Decent.

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I loved that we finally lined up under center and RAN the FLIPPIN ball!!!!! More attempts and yards and points than we have had ALL SEASON.

Billy Turner.

THe challenge that made up for the bonehead decision not to take the penalty to move them back out of FG range.

If I was a woman I would be spread across Landrys door right no waiting for him to come home and impregnate me. Yeah, it's that kind of love brah. My favorite player since Ybell. He's more like an Orca than a Dolphin that beast is!

I'm going to have to go back and watch the game again, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I saw the mythical creature called " LB makes tackle for loss on RB". I know I know, such creatures were only rumored to exist before this but I swear I saw it. More than once!.

And Holy flipping Defense batman!!! Sacks!!! Whaaaattt??? Turnovers??? Shut the front door!!!

Oh and my favorite part, since the raiders were off and the Shehacks played later, I had the whole bar to myself for like 1 1/2 hours, feet up in a comfy chair, biggest TV in the place, sound so I could actually hear it. Beautiful bartender with nothing to do but hang out a bring me drinks!!!

You could have called me to Heaven that day! It would have been a wrong number, but still.

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    loved that he called the team out as a team that has rested on their meak accomplishments.

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Seems a good place to post my after the game thoughts :wink2:

Nine out of twenty eight.... Nine out of twenty eight... What is that? That's how many interim head coaches have stuck/lasted for their team going into the following season (since 2000 I believe). Well it's certainly possible that we could be seeing our tenth coach right here right now. Holy cow what a game!?

All you guys/gals that were at the game, I'm expecting full reports from each and every one of you. Pictures... videos... thoughts... memories. That was a hell of a performance.

Something like 9 of the first 11 plays were running plays. And not just simple hand offs to Lamar Miller. We had reverses, we had quarterback rolls. We had misdirection. We had two tight end sets. We had Tannehill under center. All on that first drive. We had screens. In the fourth quarter, with the game on the line seemingly (Titans down 24-10 and driving), we had our defense step up and force a ****ing turnover. Brent Grimes with a huge play. Then, we had Tannehill from his own endzone, drop back and launch a BEAUTIFUL DEEP BOMB to Stills for what was, to me, the play of the game.

There is no way Philbin would have allowed that play call to occur with the game on the line. We all know that. At the end of the first half, after the Dolphins forced the Titans to use their timeouts on successive running plays. The Dolphins made the first down. Then you see them turn it up, go two minute, all out passing attack. And if not for a misread between Tannehill/Cameron that drive would have ended in a score. No way that drive happens without the coaching change. Trusting your team to take the ball and go down the field. But it started off with the running plays. The successful running plays.

I thought Billy Turner played much better than Douglas had the first four games. He was out front on a lot of sweep/reverse plays. Out front with Pouncey. Dallas Thomas on the other hand... well, it was good to see Albert back, lets just say that.

But make no mistake, it all started with the commitment to the ground game out of the gates. When you can run the ball, everything else opens up. So glad to see the two tight end sets back and of course Dion Sims healthy again.

I have to say, before I continue... had a dream last night. It was fourth and 1... game on the line, Tannehill drops back, throws a low percentage deep pass to Devante Parker, who catches it, running towards the end zone. Trips over his own feet at the five yard line, and fumbles the ball thru the endzone. Hah... no kidding. I don't even think he got a snap. Regardless, glad to see Stills in over Jennings. The right call. Clearly.

Tannehill... great game after the first half and those two INT's that were not his fault. Showed good mettle to get him going in the fourth quarter. Made some big time throws and his stats were the beneficiary.

One more thing about Lazor/Campbell. There was one drive, with the Dolphins backed up, on third down, I think in the 3rd quarter, late. I saw Campbell talk into his head set before the 3rd down play and he clearly said "good call" to Lazor. Now, I was expecting a run, or something conservative, but guess what? It was a pass. Tannehill dropped back and looked to air it out. I believe he was ultimately sacked, but that tells me all I need to know about our new coach. He believes in this offense. He believes in this quarterback. And that says a lot right now.

The defense? What a difference. Just the overall tackling was so much crisper. Gang tackling. Then you've got Vernon toeing that line (I guess) on the late hits to Mariota. IN hindsight, I don't mind that, but at the time, it was a little upsetting :lol: Certainly affected the game, well the Titans offense. And if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. I saw Vernon also being used differently this game. He rushed from the left side, which I hadn't seen this season (and can't remember the last time before that). Shelby was used in the base defense more than I expected. And Wake was the beneficiary of that when he could get on the field in those pass rushing situations. And boy did he have a game today or what? Four sacks.. IN THE FIRST HALF! Jamon Meredith is still trying to grab a hold of him. Such a difference maker. And there's no question, both him and Grimes... this is a different defense if they are in form.

This defense seemed to know what the Titans were going to do on many occasions. Particularly edge plays, screens, quick throws... those types of things. The Dolphins were on the front foot. Reshad Jones and Koa Misi had very very good games. Jenkins played well. Suh was his usual force. The difference wasn't Suh, the difference was the 10 other guys playing next to him. The Titans ground game was somewhat successful early on, but when Mariota went down and the Dolphins extended to two touchdown lead, their ground game was virtually ineffective.

The missing link right now for this defense is on the back end. If the pressure doesn't get there and the quarterback has time to go beyond 15 yards, there's an air of nervousness there for me. Now, we're not giving up big plays today, but that has to be cleaned up. And when I saw Jamar Taylor go down and have to sit one play, Bobby McCain was very upset that he couldn't come on in his place. Instead they went with Bowman. McCain/Lippett... hopefully, they will see increased reps towards the end of the season so we can get some measure of their play going forward. I'm also not sure about the safety next to Reshad Jones. Thomas was beaten badly on one endzone throw that Mariota missed. We've seen Aikens beaten before. Neither one is long for this team I don't think and I doubt that we have the answer on this team right now. Kovacs? We'll see.

Puka-head and Pandarilla like this.
  12. finsfandan

finsfandan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8. Not really. His passing was the weakest threat if you look at the stats lol. But he did well enough and I'm glad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Is there anyone over the age of twelve here who understood any of that? Or am I just unable to understand techno ingles to that bad of an extent?

What you said brah????

14. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I just love all the love that going around this week. I love it.

15. finsfandan

finsfandan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Gamer lingo. Nice bait mate I rate 8/8. Pretty much saying he's trying too hard to troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puka-head and Pandarilla like this.