1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like today's interview with Bryan Cox

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Can't listen cuz I'm in at a "Writer's Community" and no noise allowed. It's so quiet, even headphones disturb ppl. lol.

Any highlights you could pass along?

I loved Cox when he was here. So intense. Such a competitor.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Always loved Cox, especially when he flipped off the Bills fans. Between him and JT, Wake and Odrick should only get better

4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know that I've seen many player-coaches who have the kind of credibility in a certain area as Cox has in his.

Bryan Cox was known more for his coverage than his pass rushing skills in college. He started off as a Nickel sub, and ended up with three career sacks in college. Then in his second year in the NFL, he's a 3-4 ROLB who puts up 14 sacks, as a pass-rush special. Then he moves to 4-3 MLB, and becomes an elite blitzer, rather than every down edge rusher.

That's like if AJ Edds put up a year like Cameron Wake did after a mediocre rookie year, then turns into a really good MLB.

dolfan7171 and Bpk like this.
  5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    This was the article that accompanied the video. To hear him speak in measured tones and sensibly with no BS or coachspeak is refreshing.

dolfan7171, Bpk and MrClean like this.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'm glad most fans are now seemingly supportive of Cox as one of our coaches. When it was first announced, the reaction here was mixed at best.
    He was definitely a favorite of mine from the first game he played. As I recall, it was a preseason game against Mike Ditka's Bears team. Cox got a scare in that game, did something to his neck. Turned out to be ok of course, but it is why from that point on, he always wore that neck board on the back of his shoulder pads. Shula made him a starter pretty early on, played in and started 13 games as a rookie and was pretty much a regular starter till he was with the Jets toward the end of his career.

Cox was the antithesis of the workout warrior. His combine numbers alone wouldn't have been much more than UDFA tryout worthy. But he was a smart, and very instinctive player. Guys like him and Zach Thomas are stark reminders of why teams should put more emphasis on what happens between the white lines, rather than what happens in workouts.

Bpk likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I thinks he brings an emotional intensity that is needed on this team, they need to learn how to play with passion internally, I wouldn't be suprised if that was part of the reason why he was signed...we need fire..He will not let you let up, or else hes gonna get in yo ***..

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I remember a big 4th down stop the Dolphins got in a big moment of a game. cox was so excited he removed his helmet and baneged it off his forehead a bunch of times.

It left an impression.

9. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Whoa whoa whoa...am I reading this right??? Bryan Cox is one of our coaches???????????????

Where the hell have I been???? Oh yea...Afghanistan :lol:

10. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Had to be done :lol:

Pandarilla likes this.