1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to hand it to Omar Kelly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Nov 15, 2010.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    he was saying for the past 2 weeks that Brandon was a ticking time bomb that was ready to explode. He said that it was tempered with Pennington replacing Henne, but when he went down Omar tweeted "tick tock". Then out of the blue BM throws that ball out of bounds. Now whether it was done out of frustration or if he was "getting his arm loose" for that throw later in the game...Omar was dead on. He then tweeted that the bomb has gone off.

Can't say I blame BM, but he had some chances to make plays yesterday when Henne threw to him and he didn't get it done. Still, that throw by BM...as ill advised as it was...was better than any deep ball Henne threw. LOL

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I'm glad Thiggy saw how frustrated he was and got him the ball right away. That will help BM in the long run.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    @BMarsh:

18 hours ago via Twitter

SICK likes this.
  4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is so silly. The guy made one stupid move, borne from frustration. He's been a stand-up guy, on and off the field for 9 weeks.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    there is nothing in the world i will hand to this guy, he is annoying

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Brian Hartline lul'd

CaribPhin likes this.
  7. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    It's not a big f'n deal unless he starts doing crap like that on a regular basis.

8. FFFR

FFFR New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Henne's throw to Hartline on the flea flicker was better, and complete.

BlameItOnTheHenne and dolfan22 like this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Beast was working him on the sidelines though, dude looked like he was running for office and wanted Thigpen's vote..:D

eric and TheAnswer385 like this.
  10. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Would have been better if it wasn't under thrown and he could have hit Hartline in stride. A few more yards of air and that is a TD instead of Hartline having to slow up for the ball to get there.

I think you number of deep throws under thrown by Henne is much greater than his perfectly thrown deep balls.

Tin Indian likes this.
  11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    They need to get this man the ball....hopefully Thiggy does that....hopefully somebody gets him the ball soon...

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  12. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Does anyone really care that the "EXPLOSION" cost us 5 yards for delay of game? I sure as hell don't.

The guy is frustrated by double and triple teams, wants the ball, wants to score, and wants to win. Cut him, trade him, and bring back Ginn. We had no such problems with him. Any takers? LOL

13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    It was a bone head move by Marshall, he is still on a pace for over 100 catches. That could have cost us (luckily it didn't)

He has also had his share of drops and blame for INT's (He even admitted this).

Stop acting like Jeremy Shockey and play football.

14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but BMarsh also slammed the ball on the sidelines after he caught the first down pass from Thiggy. He's lucky that wasn't called, especially after the first one.

I'd like to think he was more frustrated with himself yesterday, because he was blanketed in coverage. Finnegan is an irritant. He pisses off just about every WR he plays against.

dolfan7171, dolfan22 and VanDolPhan like this.
  15. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

No I dont think hes a ticking time bomb....

Yes I think hes gonna have the occasional outburst. He plays with a ton of passion....and he wears it on his sleeve.

You take the good with the bad....

GMJohnson likes this.
  16. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Excellent point. You got a guy called the Beast. You take the good Beast with the bad Beast. You cant expect him to be a Beast and a ***** Cat.

BlameItOnTheHenne and CaribPhin like this.
  17. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    marshall didn't cost us that drive. The Holding call on the following play did. And, no, unlike Dan Fouts tried to say Marshall did not cause our OL to hold because of his 'outburst'. People are grasping at straws here.
    And not like Omar is the only person in the world who is trying to "call it" that Beast will blow up at some point.
    That's like 'calling it' that TO will blow up

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Marshall is a highly passionate guy and competitive to the nth degree!! Extremely passionate people can show more frustration than most people b/c all that energy still has to be channeled somewhere b/c it usually doesn't just disappear.

Brandon doesn't really care about his stats or any of that BS. He wants to win, and it's frustrating to him b/c he knows that he's a guy who can make things happen and help us win. The guy just wants to feel like he's contributing or making a difference. We need to continue to find better ways to get him involved in the offense so the team can thrive off his energy.

I really feel the throw out of bounds was just a practice throw for his deep ball (mixed in with a little frustration).

19. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I think people are forgetting Cortland Finnegan. Probably top 5 corner in the league. 1 on 1 with Cortland Finnegan is at least 1.5 coverage. Marshall didn't get much separation yesterday and granted he could be pissed at both himself and Henne. But think about it. The last time Henne had gone to Marshall, INT by Finnegan. Throughout the game, Finnegan had Marshall blanketed. Forgive a young QB for being afraid to throw to Marshall in the endzone, risking a pick and giving up a scoring opportunity. Henne was already benched. He didn't want to make a mistake that deep in and throw a pick. He ended up with a TD but he would have settled for a Field Goal because Sparano likes those. It's all about what message you send the QB. INT's got him benched. He did whatever the hell he could to not throw them and that included throwing away from the All-Pro Defensive Back. Marshall needs to understand that the kid is looking for his job more than Marshall's. Marshall makes nearly $10M a year and Henne doesn't make near that. Henne wants a job and if that means making a safer read on a slightly worse DB, he's gonna take the read and the job before he takes the possible INT.

20. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I wonder where that ball went that he threw, does anybody know, because if it went to the ball boy on the sideline or the ref, I question the vadility of the penalty...

21. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    We should have just held onto the draft picks we spent on Marshall and drafted Dez Bryant at #12....

22. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Marshall was targeted more then any other receiver yesterday... Who knows what he is frustrated about. Is it the offense that is so lame that defensive backs are telling him the route that he is running before the play? Is it that he couldn't beat Finnegan to save his life? Is it that he is on pace to catch over 100 passes? Who knows... I will say this. Knowing how Marshall is I could say that he is a ticking time bomb for the rest of the season and at some point he is going to do something to make me look right. That is just BM.

23. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    But his mother is a whore... lol

jetssuck likes this.
  24. Athrun340

Athrun340 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Don't forget Finnegan told Bmarsh that our offense is transparent and he knew 80% of the time what route Bmarsh would run based on the formation.

VanDolPhan likes this.
  25. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Both cost us that TD as the reciever was only 2 yards short of a first down. So yes both the 10 yard flag and the 5 yard flag contributed to it.

Saying Omar is right is like saying the sky is green. Omar gets lucky on occassion but the guy is more wrong then right always. Finnegan has already been reported as calling out his routes to Marshall. Marshall wasn't having a good day, he was getting unnerved by Finnegan...end of story.

26. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd give Omar Kelly credit if he said something that was worth giving him credit for. This is not one of those times.

27. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Do I get credit for telling newlyweds they'll likely be divorced?

28. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    You and I were in a tweet-RT thread with Edgar on Twitter last week. I knew it was you...ummmm, never guess how...but you would have had no clue it was me. :)

29. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I mentioned this in another thread. That's pretty crazy to me. It could be Finnegan just talking out of his ***, or they could've spotted something on film. It wouldn't surprise me if Henning became predictable.

30. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    except that it was still a first and 10 after the delay of game. it was then first and 20 because of the holding call. so really, while the delay kept us 5 yards further from the endzone, it did not cause us to miss a first down. it became 1st and 20 with the hold and we only got 18 yards.

31. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Let's be fair, though, when you're throwing 50-60 yards down field, it's not easy to put the ball exactly where you want it. So few that far are.

32. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    That would make things awkward between them.

33. MIAMIDOLPHINFAN

MIAMIDOLPHINFAN New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Listen. Marshall has become a class act since he's been here. People got it mixed up. They think Marsh is mad at his qb/coach/team but its not that. He is mad at HIMSELF. mad at himself for his shortcomings. Hes frustrated he couldnt do more to help his team win. He's a COMPETITOR. Thats what makes him great. All he wants is success and any less to him would be a dissappointment.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  34. MIAMIDOLPHINFAN

MIAMIDOLPHINFAN New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Sources?

35. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That TD catch Dez made early in the Giants game was just fooking insane. He is already looking like he's going to be one of the draft steals of the decade.

ToddsPhins and jetssuck like this.
  36. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    I thought all the team's problems where related to Henne.
    Marshall couldn't get open all afternoon Finnegan is the real deal covered him one on one most of the game and the BEAST was more the BOOB when he stopped the momentum with that 5 yard penalty.
    Henning is the problem.

37. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...or-dolphins-offense-frustrating-marshall.html

Cortland Finnegan said after the game that he teased Marshall all game long by calling out what route he was going to run prior to the snap, based on the formation. He says he was right about 80% of the time.

I look forward to seeing if Michael Irvin gets Brandon to comment about that on the Brandon Marshall Show with Michael Irvin.

ToddsPhins and CaribPhin like this.
  38. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I hope this is a comment on Omar's poop throwing against a wall tactics by rotoworld, i really do:
    I guess omar has an "i called it" out for the 2 extremes, he better hope jake isn't just hurt for like 3 weeks!

39. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Pffft. I said it once the reports of him punting the ball in preseason surfaced. This is what Marshall does. I think a lot of people just refused to believe it when we first got him. It is not the end of the world, but we have to realize that this is who he is.

So in closing, I refuse to share credit with OK. :D

jetssuck likes this.
  40. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Except for the fact that 5 yards moved us back period. 5 yards was the difference between a first down and a field goal. Heck 5 yards was the difference between a field goal and a TD.

It's these types of boneheaded plays that have killed many of Henne's drives.