1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a question about the team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mommabilly, Sep 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Well I guess for the entire NFL. From everything I have read or heard in recent months, it seems like the NFL is going to have a lockout in 2011.

Lets say that does happen ( which I pray daily it does not ) but lets say it does. League year is over in March.

What happens to the players who contracts expire at the end of the 2010 league year ? Will teams try to resign them even though there may be a lockout in 2011 ? If they do not resign them do they expect players will actually show up for winter conditioning ? Without a new CBA in place, will even signed players show up for winter conditioning ?

If a players contract is not extended prior to the seasons end then he is a UFA if he has what, 6 years now or 4 years ?

There is a lot of blank spots to be filled in. Lets say they do sign their UFAs for 2011 and beyond. Do the players get the gauranteed money for the first year of 2011 ? I sure pray all involved see how this sport is a huge money maker for all involved and cooler heads prevail and a lockout is prevented in 2011. Another question, how can there be a draft if all the NFL is locked out in April ? Its going to be some trying times.

0ne last thing, if a player is under contract now and it goes into 2011 or beyond. If there was " guaranteed " money for the 2011 year, does he get it ? I mean in essence, if they lock the player out, prevent him from coming to work, and they do not pay the guaranteed money he was due, doesn't that in itself constitute a breach of contract and the player can just walk away if he so chooses ?