1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had my draft last night

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rafael, Aug 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It's a 12 team league on Yahoo. We have 8 starters QB, WR, RB, W/T, W/R W/R, K, DEF and a 12 person bench. I'd say that 6 or 7 of the owners are pretty decent fantasy players. The other 5 or 6 are never really a threat to win it all.

So anyway, last night we had our live draft and one of the new guys had a very interesting strategy (by interesting I mean stupid). He didn't tell us his strategy until much later in the night so I'll give you his idea later but this is how his draft unfolded.

He had the 1st pick overall. In our draft the order inverts after each round so that whomever picks first in round 1 will pick last in round 2, then first in round 3 and so on. His first selection was Marshawn Lynch. His next picks were Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. Followed by every Buffalo player except for James Hardy whom somebody else took just to mess with him. After we pointed out that there is a bye week he added a players from other teams, mostly the 49ers. Here is his team:

Trent Edwards (Buf - QB)
    Josh Reed (Buf - WR)
    Marshawn Lynch (Buf - RB)
    Robert Royal (Buf - TE)
    Lee Evans (Buf - WR)
    Roscoe Parrish (Buf - WR)
    Rian Lindell (Buf - K)
    Buffalo (Buf - DEF)

BN
    Darrell Jackson (Den - WR)
    Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
    DeShaun Foster (SF - RB)
    Xavier Omon (Buf - RB)
    J.T. O'Sullivan (SF - QB)
    J.P. Losman (Buf - QB)
    Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
    Justin Jenkins (Buf - WR)
    Arnaz Battle (SF - WR)
    Chad Jackson (NE - WR)
    Phil Dawson (Cle - K)
    Arizona (Ari - DEF)

His plan was to take players from mostly one team so that the points would double (when a QB throws a TD to a WR). To ensure this he selected a team that he felt would would have players available for his selections. He chose Buffalo (he's a 49ers' fan although I and the people sitting near me assumed he was a bill's fan). He was also picking players for his girlfriends team (she wasn't there). Her team ended up being made up of mostly Steelers' players.

I just wanted to share this with you guys so you could share in some of the laughs we ha last night.

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That works occasionally like with Brady/Moss or Manning/Harrison but yeah, pretty dumb.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think I've seen this guy before; there's someone on CBS Sportsline who uses that exact same principle when doing mock drafts. He went with New Orleans players, though; Brees at 10, Colston at 11, Bush at 30, etc.

Some people take the concept of having a QB-WR connection way too seriously and way too far.

I hope you play him when Buffalo has their bye week. :up:

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea that tends to happen and not just in football. But hey, going NE worked for someone. :no:

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    A few people already tried to bribe the admin to schedule them opposite him during Buff's bye week.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I won a league like that back in the Rams heyday...went with faulk Bruce, holt, curtis, warner etc. I took 1 non ram cause I needed a 2nd rb.

The stupid part is he did it with a mediocre team. You do that to a team like NE thats loaded with offense not with the bills, 49ers or steelers