1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got that feelin'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsgirlie, Aug 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    This got a really good response in Club Level so I thought i'd share it here as well :)

For last nights game I sat 9th row in the endzone....and it's been a hell of a long time since it was just FUN at a Dolphins game. Usually you're criticizing them for why they screwed up an individual play...or you're hearing fans behind you, in front of you, beside you...huffing and puffing about us dropping the ball, turning it over, losing the game (that's a big one), etc. It was incredible to be a fan and have fun watching our phins play. The first time in 28 years we've had a shutout game in the pre-season. We ended up forcing 4 turnovers....had 5 sacks including the incredible superman sack by Rob Ninkovich. From where we were sitting, the dude looked like he "flew" 7 feet sideways into Croyle taking him down. It was one of the highlights of the game to the people in our seats. The fans broke into a full wave in the stadium, top AND bottom rows...it was just incredible to see people cheering and laughing. When they called the holding penalty on the TD and we had to re-do that particular play where we ended up throwing another TD, people got cocky in the stands. When's the last time you heard a DOLPHINS fan get cocky? When's the last time our STARTING QB threw ZERO interceptions into the third game of preseason? It's also been a long time since I stayed for an entire game...but last night, we just had to.

Afterward, my friends and I went to a bar to have a couple drinks and there was a table of like 6 guys all wearing phins hats....when we saw them my friend says "how bout them phins woo!!" and the guys break out into the Miami Dolphins song! People in the bar start clapping and singing along....it was just a great feeling. I hope it continues and by the looks of it we're really starting to pull things together.

Miami is the most forgiving city in the world....we clap the hardest for a former Jets player and a guy who's been back and forth on our team for the past 3 years. Sheesh, can you get much more loving than that? I'll never get it....:lol:

GO PHINS!

p.s. who wants to talk about Crowder now?? I'm game...;)

[​IMG]

FinSane, Skeet84, PMZQ and 9 others like this.
  2. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    great post

Wish I was there as well...

finsgirlie likes this.
  3. Me too. I'm jealous...:cry:

finsgirlie likes this.
  4. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    I couldn't watch the game until it was on NFL Network. I listened on the radio. I was excited to hear how we dominated the lowly KC. Think about it! KC is what we were last year. It seem as if we are headed for some smashmouth football. We may not will a lot but will bloody them in the process. The way to win is to Dominate the weak teams. Beat the teams you should and keep the rest close. Create turnovers to give your self a chance to win against the best. I especially like that Pennington aka {J-Wick (LOL)} is interception free so far.

finsgirlie likes this.
  5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have been to Miami three times, but never have seen a Phin's game there. I have seen the Phins play four times at Mile High. Great to here the fans are being supportive and enjoying themselves!!!

finsgirlie likes this.
  6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Great thread, so glad you got to attend the game. It has been a long time since I enjoyed a Fins game so much, a long time since I have had this much enthusiasm and optimism about our beloved Fins. We may yet have a long way to go, but I'm starting to see us heading in the right direction, that's for sure. :up:

finsgirlie likes this.
  7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm glad you got that feeling back, because for a while there you lost it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQtGZKdW0Xc]YouTube - Top Gun - You've Lost That Loving Feeling[/ame]

jdang307 and finsgirlie like this.
  8. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
  9. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    What's real funny is you see that and Cocktails and Risky Business and Days of Thunder all his other awesome movies, then until a few years ago he just went nutso. It's a shame, because he was this generations badass---him and Swayze.

10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Top Gun one of my favorite movies as a kid, and still is. when my friends are rushing me and they call me sometimes for shiz and giggles I'll answer, "I'm supersonic, I'll be there in 30 seconds"

11. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Niiiice.

"Slider, you stink."

Hangin' with the Boys, still an all time favorite song and scene. Just absolutely hilarious.

12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Hopefully there is the same result when I am there when we play the Jets!

mullingan, finsgirlie and cnc66 like this.