1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I expect a QB...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by REV KEV, Dec 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think we definitely have to bring in a QB or two to at least compete for the starter spot next year. I think we have to trade down and draft one, or bring in a decent FA...unfortunately there are not a lot of free agent QB's out there.

2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I think that Penny would be a decent backup/fallback and Parcells did draft him. Word is that he will be released.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Well we would probably have to suffer through more insults from the media and other fans but if we end up in the playoffs in a couple of years they can all go (fill in blank) themselves

4. ncfinfan69

ncfinfan69 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This is why we're between a rock and a hard place and desperately need to trade out from number 1.We have holes everywhere and really can't afford to be drafting someone to stash but that may just end up being the case.You can't take a player based on need with the top pick if he's rated say #10 on most draft boards.He's going to get #1 overall money so he has to be worth it.And I don't see anyone out there at our need positions that are worth #1 overall money.Not unless you don't think Beck can be the guy and therefore think QB is our position of greatest need.

5. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007

It is toooooo early to tell right now either way. The combine & bowl games will make a huge difference in the draft. Then toss in new management here, new coaches coming in. That alone tends to bring in new QB early.

I am not saying I would take one with the #1 pick. Right now I would draft Chris Long or trade down, even if it meant taking less in value.

Ryan is careless with the ball... Can be fixed.
    He has great skills and leadership. I saw him vs. the Hokie Defense twice this year. He can flat out take a pounding and keep coming. That is a quality I like to see in a QB. He can struggle early vs. a great defense and FINISH STRONG. If you do not know much about the Hokie Defense, then check them out please. You will find a year in/ year out Top 3 Defense in the NCAA. They let the 1st game to him slip away in the last 2:00 of the game. Before that they shut Ryan down and made him look average. Then when the game mattered the most...he keep making plays with his legs, arm, vision, leadership & won the damn game!!! Bastard...lol. Then in the 2nd game the Hokie Defense got back it's leader that missed game one. Vince Hall (Bud Foster told me that he is the best player he has ever coached.) and the Hokie Defense took shots and gave some shots of their own that game. It was a great game and in the end the Vince Hall clinched the game with a pick. Ryan did not have his magic that game late in the 4th. But if he had some better weapons...who knows. That Hokie D is TUFF and can make ANY QB look average on any given day!!!

The point is....:lol:...it is way to early to rule out any position right now.

I would like to trade down for CB & LB or CB & WR....that's just me.