1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't believe what happened to me tonight

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    so here's the story...

My friends and I are on the highway in the rain going to get some food. We're in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway in the rain and we cruise up at regular speed and start driving next to an 18-wheel truck which is on the left of us. Now as far as I know, we weren't driving erratically, or braking any laws of pissing anyone off. So the next thing I know, the 18-wheeler pulls up behind us in our lane when one of my buddies turns around and says "wow that truck is right on your ***" We all look and were stunned at how close this truck was to the back of our car and we watched as it got closer and closer and in my mind I was saying "holy ****, is this guy gonna do what I think he's gonna do?" then BAM! He purposely rammed us...backed off and proceeded to ram us again. We couldn't believe what just happened. Luckily he didn't hit us hard enough to send us out of control but he did some major damage on the trunk. The road wasn't empty, there were cars all around us. We would have thought it was an accident, had he not rammed us twice. He wound up getting ahead of us acting like nothing happened. We got his tag, called the cops and pulled into a local complex. We were so flustered. So shocked at what just happened.

It doesn't end there...

as we pull into the complex, a car starts backing up and guess what? That's right, he hits us. At this point, my friend driving the car just kept going around the parking lot (it wasn't a big hit but it did make a few scratches). We were so flustered at what happened on the highway we basically let this guy off the hook by not stopping. We really weren't concerned.

Anyway, I cannot believe what I was a part of tonight. The little accident in the parking lot doesn't even matter. But I just don't understand what the guy driving this truck was thinking, what we did to him that forced him to do what he did. Thankfully no one was hurt and it could have been a lot worse. We're all just wondering why. It was crazy, and like I said, there wasn't a thing we did as far as we know to propel him to ram us, twice.

Has anyone seen or heard ANYTHING like this before?

opfinistic and Silverphin like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

only in creepy *** horror movies.

:shudder:

thankfully you're okay.

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Never had something like that happen to me, what did the cops say about the whole issue?

Rocky Raccoon and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    its cuz your high bro

5. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I know this is wrong but lol. Never heard of something like this happen before, watch tomorrow you'll be at your boys house and that truck will be parked across the street.

Edit: This story reminded me of this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206314/

opfinistic, Rocky Raccoon and anlgp like this.
  6. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    Glad you're okay. Could've ended up real badly with the rain and all.

Hope they catch they guy. A charge of attempted murder isn't out of the question.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Years ago, I had a truck driver deliberately push me out of my lane.. when he tried it the second time I showed him the working end on my model 19 Smith, there was no more trouble. He will never know how close he came to being a statistic, I don't miss. It scared me so bad that I really DID come so close to killing someone over nothing really, that I have never carried a gun where I could reach it driving since.

8. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    also The Hitcher, and Trucks i believe they were called.

sorry to hear that bro, glad you're okay

9. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Did you happen to see a tall, lanky guy with "a distinguished profile" wearing a trench coat and a woman with shoulder-length red hair in a trenchcoat standing next to him? Were they examaning what looked like ordinary "stuff?"

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    whata joke....truck drivers think they own the road.....i woulda followed the guy and gave a old fashion beat down......

that's BS.......

11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Yeah, being of older school this is what I thought of

Duel (1971) (TV)

RIP Dennis Weaver.

12. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    Don't leave us hanging, Rocky. Tell us the rest of the story, what did the cops say? :wink2:

Rocky Raccoon and azfinfanmang like this.
  13. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Exactly, truck drivers are some of the biggest a-holes on the road. I can recall one time where a truck driver swerved right into my lane with me beside him and I had to swerve as well. I was also in the middle lane and if anyone had been in the far left lane I swerved into there would have been a major wreck and I probably would be dead seeing as we were in a 70 mph zone on the interstate.

I know your pain Rocky hopefully he gets what he deserves.

14. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I had something almost exactly happen and I responded as you did.

In my case, I was traveling north on I-75 in Georgia and tried three times to pass the rig and each time he started drifting into my lane. He would let other cars pass but not me. I finally got on the tail of someone who was passing him and when I pulled up next to him, I showed him my weapon. He hit the brakes so that he was no longer beside me. I pulled into a Georgia State Police sub-station several miles from there and reported what had happened.

15. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Thats crazy man, just crazy.

Your buddy didn't have a bumper sticker that said "Ram me if you like chicks" or something did he?

16. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Rocky,

My guess is that your friend accidently either A) Cut this guy off when he was trying to merge or B) Wasn't driving fast or slow enough for the Rig to change lanes.

I just spoke to my dad (he's at the Phins tailgate right now) and mentioned this to him as he drove a truck in his younger days. He said hes heard stories about things like this. He also said being on the road for so many hours on end can make you a little edgy...

17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i need a gun.

18. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

:escape::eek:

19. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    scenario B makes the most sense because we were driving next time him for a bit, but it never seemed from my point of view that he was trying to change lanes.

The cop didn't say much. Asked if we did anything to piss him off, took down the info, stuff like that.

20. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    :lol: I don't believe so.

21. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    pfft....when you said "old school" I thought you were going back to your younger days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwIbW87HDk]YouTube - Ben Hur (1925) Movie Clip- Chariot Race[/ame]

:yes:

22. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Good thing nothing happened to you rocky, hopefully that dip**** has his trucking license taken away and is fined heavily.

23. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    if i find a trucker thats obviously causing trouble, i return the favor. next time one othem cuts you off, try getting ahead of him and slamming your brakes on. he'll think twice before changing lanes next time.

24. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Just glad you're OK, Rock.

25. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    if it ends up like The Hitcher, does that mean I get to have sex with Sophia Bush?

Phinperor likes this.
  26. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Sophia Bush :drool:

27. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Due... that is crazy.

28. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    you did the right thing rock, alot of these guys are on drugs and **** trying to make their routs, some of them drink etc, so getting out of their way and just reporting it is probably the only thing you can do.

29. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

:shifty:

30. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Uhhmm. Yeah. The guy is TRYING to run you over so you get directly in his way..and then SLOW DOWN :pity:

Brown42000, Mindwarp and Phinperor like this.
  31. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Truck Drivers are the biggest *******s on the road.

32. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

I will take a V Alex

And I would like to buy an E alex

And I would like an L Alex

And now I would like an H Alex

I think I know it but want to buy an I alex

Alright I got it....

Truck Drivers are the biggest Vehicles on the road

*appluase*

:tongue2:

Idahophin, opfinistic, Ultra and 15 others like this.
  33. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ya, Id have to agree with you there. I beat the heck out of some dude for tailgating me too closely once, someone like that I would have followed til I caught them. I would have called the po po and said you better catch the guy first otherwise it'll be a body you pick up. :lol:

Ya, slam on your brakes. That way when the guy hits you he crushes your back royally. You just tail him till stops and kick the snot out of him. :up:

Glad youre ok rocky.

Mindwarp likes this.
  34. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :sidelol:

Nice one :hi5:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  35. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Hey, man my step dad drives a truck, and he is anything but that.

He is one of the best drivers (in general) there is, and drives motorcycles, cars, trucks, and semi's.

36. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Sorry but I'd say the majority of them are real *** holes. They do what ever they want on the roads.

37. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    First of all I'm glad you're ok. Second is the truck driver serious? He honestly should be sued and get his truck and regular license taken away. Unreal. Again I'm glad you're ok.

38. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Remind me to never piss you guys off.

opfinistic likes this.
  39. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

your dad doesn't have a big vehicle? sounds like a personal issue.

just kidding man.

az that post was f'n awesome.

40. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    When my family and I went on a road trip to Cali in December we had several close encounters with Truck drivers, a Driver in Flagstaff cut us off nearly causing the vehicle to lose control in the ditch. Another time my Dad passed the truck up and the Truck driver did not like it and sped up to the point where he was 3-5 feet from our bumper for a good 2-3 miles.

Nothing as bad as whats been posted but it shows how much of a dick they are.