1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am the only one who thinks the Mitchell report was a winner?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Predaphin, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Predaphin

Predaphin New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Boy, am I glad the Mitchell report was finally completed. I feel that this is exactly what MLB needed. Let me start off by saying that I hate Baseball. I've never been a true baseball fan. But the Mitchell report was a classic example of why Babseaball should be extinct. It seems like that horrible sport seems to get pounded year after year with ridiculous scandals. That may be due to the fact that baseball is a sport with a bunch of juiceheads. I was hoping that basbeall would have became extinct back in the most recent MLB lockout.

I don't even understand how people can watch baseball. It is one of the most boring things to watch on TV. With the way the schedule is, it seems like there is a game on almost every day, in which players can actually afford to take time off as one loss may not be too signifacant. Also, How can people sit there and watch a pitcher chew gum for about 30 seconds before he throws one pitch? Maybe that's why the camera men tend to find something more amusing to film (like a team mascot doing his impersantion of elvis or an outfielder playing with a squirrel or cat running around the ballpark outfield). But I guess baseball to most americans is like Soccer to the rest of the world (without the steriods). Watching Baseball now is the equivalent of watching the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), only without the matchups being "fixed".

Personally, I agree with most reporters that the Mitchell report was unecessary. Well, at least baseball could not fool me. How was it that 45 to 50 year old men are still built like trucks and still can pitch 100 MPH or hit the balls out of the ballpark? Heck all you had to do was look at Mark McGwire's neck to notice how juiced he was, but everyone was still entertained by the home run race between he and Sammy Sosa, whom by the way was later found to be using a cork bat. What a joke. Baseball is full of juicehead cheaters. I am willing to bet if they really tested everyone more than half of the baseball players would test positive for some type of steroids. Its the only way you can hit a homerun in the new parks they are building. They make the fence farther and farther and the players simply juice up more and more to reach that fence.

What happened to hitting homeruns like good ol' babe ruth, with nothing but beer and hotdogs in his system. It seems like John Kruk was the only one following that legacy before he decided to retire.

While I don't know if there is really a solution to all of this, I can make some suggestions to make the game a bit more intersting....

- Drug test every player that is drafted or signed

- Make the schedule shorter (instead of playing about 5 games a week, cut it down to about 2 or 3 games a week), this makes every game much more important and interesting

- Cut the rosters shorter. You don't need 4 or 5 pitchers and 4 or 5 saving pitchers, hence my next suggestion...

- Cut the innings shorter or time the games. This would make the games shorter.

- Cut 4 balls and 3 strikes to 3 strikes and 2 balls.....the game of baseball would be more exciting if there was more hitting. That's what people pay to see, homeruns. I'm sure no one goes to a game hoping to see a "no-hitter".

- Put a salary cap. Enough of trying to buy championships.

- Cut out the 7th inning stretch. People are already anzy by the 7th inning from sitting there especially in a long game, why punish them by making them sit there longer?

I can go on with more suggestions, but again, I don't know that this would fix any problems, but IMO, it would makes things more interesting. Keep in mind I have never actually played the game of baseball myself, so I don not know what kind of preparation needs to be done, but I can tell you that I'm sure if I juiced up I would be able to hit the ball alot farther than I normally can.

In the alternative, make baseball extinct, now that it is a stink.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think it was a band aid on a leg that got cut off.

It also has a lot of he said she said. I'm not a Clemens fan or a Yankee fan, but where is his proof? They showed some guys checks, okay, they are guilty, but like people say Bonds has not been proved (Although he said he didn't know he took it), there is no proof on Clemens and others, only a guy that said he did it to get a plea deal.

Do I think Clemens did it, yes. But this report is a joke.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I do question whether this was a good use of taxpayer money. And I do question the research methods they used as it was hardly scientific and would probably not hold up in a court of law. It was well intended but really unnecessary. Reminds me of the McCarthy Communist witch hunts where anyone and everyone could be labeled a Communist.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Total waste of time, and more cynically, an attempt to save the Owners money, no more HGH, fewer HR's and lower contract numbers...