I am not Superstitious, However......

27 replies

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury BoxOP
Oct 6, 2008, 02:18 PM

I have worn my Zach Thomas Aqua Authentic jersey the last two games, and I will be wearing it again on Sunday of course. Love to see the Dolphins doing good again. Congrats to all the brothers and sisters on the great win!:up:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

k-bayfinfank-bayfinfanForum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 08:02 PM

make sure you don't wash it! :up:

Crappy TipperCrappy TipperNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 08:03 PM

Me to, but I started a rough tradition I let my wife sleep in and I took care of the baby for the first couple hours of the morning by myself and I fear that I will never get to sleep in the rest of the season because I can't bring myself to screw up what's working. I slept in the first two games = two loses. She slept in the last two = two wins.

See a trend fellas?

On the bright side the success the last two weeks has allowed me to teach my son "Touchdown Dolphins" and he runs around the living room with his arms in the air.

Sweet. :lol:

0 Undefeated Teams


Thanks giovafin sweet signature!

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Oct 6, 2008, 08:05 PM

I painted my nails the last two Sundays. Usually do that on Saturday. Should I keep painting them? It will be a pain in the ass, but my hands will look fabulous!

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 08:06 PM

yeah i CANT wear any Dolphin gear on Sunday. 0-2 with the gear on.

HolliFinFanHolliFinFanLuxury Box
Oct 6, 2008, 08:08 PM

All of my old Dolphins jerseys/gear lost their superstition powers. :no: However, the last two games, one at home and one in person, I wore a Ronnie jersey. Coincidence? :lol:

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Oct 6, 2008, 08:11 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

I have worn my Zach Thomas Aqua Authentic jersey the last two games, and I will be wearing it again on Sunday of course. Love to see the Dolphins doing good again. Congrats to all the brothers and sisters on the great win!:up:

Then why the HELL didnt you wear it in Phoenix :tantrum:

Man, the building was AIR CONDITIONED... :pity:

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Oct 6, 2008, 08:12 PM

"femalefinfan wrote:

I painted my nails the last two Sundays. Usually do that on Saturday. Should I keep painting them? It will be a pain in the ass, but my hands will look fabulous!

Well, actually it sounds like you might be doing it wrong if this is the case....

:tongue2:

:escape:

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 08:27 PM

i watched the first two games and they lost. i didn't watch the last two and they won.

clearly it's my fault. :( :(

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

Crappy TipperCrappy TipperNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 08:31 PM

It's amazing all of the things we have to do for the Dolphins to win.

0 Undefeated Teams


Thanks giovafin sweet signature!

KAKanye WestNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 08:41 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

I have worn my Zach Thomas Aqua Authentic jersey the last two games, and I will be wearing it again on Sunday of course. Love to see the Dolphins doing good again. Congrats to all the brothers and sisters on the great win!:up:

I have an Ronnie Brown aqua jersey that I have been wearing the last two games that I will wear till they lose. But I got to Barebones to watch the Dolphins they sat as long as I am the frist one there in the morning and I do a good job busing tables I can watch the game ( I dont bus the tables on sunday just encase people thought that.) But I alwys have to have a coke to drink.

MIm inoNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 08:48 PM

i have not wore any dolphins gear or watched film of either game. :(.

it seems every time i do they lose(i wore my marino jersey and dolphins cap for every game last year except the ravens, i also wore that for the jets and cards games and it seems to go back much further than last yr. so i will take one for the team and not wear any gear or watch any game on gamedays if thats what it takes.

gooooooooooooooooo phins.

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 08:58 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

I have worn my Zach Thomas Aqua Authentic jersey the last two games, and I will be wearing it again on Sunday of course. Love to see the Dolphins doing good again. Congrats to all the brothers and sisters on the great win!:up:

haha yea I just got a new Authentic Ronnie Brown jersey right before the Pats game and I plan to not wash it till we lose. :up:

ChrisKoChrisKoForum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 08:59 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

I have worn my Zach Thomas Aqua Authentic jersey the last two games, and I will be wearing it again on Sunday of course. Love to see the Dolphins doing good again. Congrats to all the brothers and sisters on the great win!:up:

I've actually been wearing my navy Ricky Williams jersey. I figured we haven't been good since I banished that thing to a box in my closet, so why not rub the mojo off of it during the Pats game. Low and behold, it's 2-0 for us so far. :D

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Oct 6, 2008, 09:09 PM

"femalefinfan wrote:

I painted my nails the last two Sundays. Usually do that on Saturday. Should I keep painting them? It will be a pain in the ass, but my hands will look fabulous!

:yes:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

k-bayfinfank-bayfinfanForum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 09:37 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Well, actually it sounds like you might be doing it wrong if this is the case....

:tongue2:

:escape:

:lol:

TheMageGandalfTheMageGandalfNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 10:07 PM

Despite the fact that the HD looks great on my big screen 60, I am 0-2 watching the game on it and 2-0 watching it in the bedroom TV thats a standard definition 35...

I was thisclose to going to the living room when I saw the Chargers starting to rally I was like "NO! I didnt mean it. I will stay here." We then stopped them on 4th down and won.

So yeah, that was close and I almost screwed it up for everyone...sorry for the close call...I will watch the game without any thoughts of going to the living room TV this week I promise.:up:

.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 6, 2008, 10:33 PM

I bought a Sam Madison jersey on EBay for $10 brand new right before the New England game.

Sammy boy bringing me some luck. I love this jersey.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2008, 01:23 PM

I've been rocking an authentic Porter jersey the past two games. Guess which jersey I'll wear this week?

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2008, 01:35 PM

I got off that roller coaster with the third game of CPep, but I swear there was a time when I had to listen to the game on the radio because if I even walked into the room with the game on the TV, something awful would happen. If you think I'm joking, you can ask folks in the old Canephin's chat room. It was unreal. We'd be driving down the field, I go in to watch it on the TV and fumble. We'd hold the O to 3rd and long, then they'd get a score on a miraculous fingertip grab.

It's weird how those things happen. This year, I'm 2-1 watching the game, but 0-2 when also (or only) listening to the game on ther radio, so maybe its reversed.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Oct 7, 2008, 01:36 PM

My wife watched the last wo games with me. She was at the gym weeks one and two. She's been banned from the gym on Sundays until further notice.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Oct 8, 2008, 01:45 PM

For the New England game my gf brought me some god awful mediterranean food for lunch. It tasted like absolute crap. But I almost ate it again last Sunday out of superstition. Glad it wasn't necessary...

ATVZ400ATVZ400New Member
Oct 8, 2008, 02:00 PM

The last two games my son has worn his R. Brown jersey backwards

OBObsessivefinfanNew Member
Oct 8, 2008, 02:50 PM

Yea, I'm with you, My girl got a Jake Scott #13 jersey made for me and I've worn it the past two weeks...17 in a row? LOL!

femalefinfanfemalefinfanLuxury Box
Oct 13, 2008, 03:13 PM

Well I guess I don't have to paint my nails every Sunday now!