1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m just saying: Draft edition

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I’m just saying: Draft edition
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

texanphinatic likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Surprisingly, I agree with much of what Omar had to say.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    this is priceless lol. one of his best articles

I’m just saying….
    If I hear offense-minded Dolphins fans campaign for C.J. Spiller or Dez Bryant to be the Dolphins’ pick at No. 12 ONE MORE TIME I’m going to physically throw up. I hate the fact that the average fan always wants the flash player who scores points. This isn’t fantasy football people!
    Never mind the fact the reason the Dolphins tanked last season was because the defense was as soft as a marsh mellow. Never mind that you’ve got glaring holes as outside linebacker, free safety and nose tackle, and barely enough early picked to address all three.
    Nope, let’s add more skill position guys?
    Never mind that there’s not enough balls for Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and Lex Hilliard. Never mind that Brandon Marshall will possibly get 10 to 15 passes thrown his way PER GAME in 2010 as the tight end friendly Dolphins revamp their style of play. Oh no…let’s use the No. 12 pick on a player who will touch the ball MAYBE, AT THE MOST, 10 times a game.
    That’s dumb….Believe me people. There will be another round of talented receivers and tailbacks coming out in the 2011 draft. Address your needs. Picking Spiller or Bryant would be like buying rims for your 2003 Ford Focus with a messed up engine. Just tacky!
    I’m just saying….
    Here are a couple of other things I’m saying

Starry31 likes this.
  4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Best part of the article, IMO.

Omar Kelly put in a solid piece on this one.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Didnt Morgan also get shut down by Bulaga? Now granted Bulaga is a good player, but still not good to see. Like Conu, I also noticed that he spends a lot of time on the ground as well. IMO hes just not what we need.

Defense is fine, but adding some oomph and explosion to the O isnt a bad thing either. Im slightly amused at people who think a 3-4 OLB is going to come into the league and dominate. Clay Matthews is far more the exception than the rule. I honestly wouldnt be shocked if we went into the opening day with Moses and Wake as the starters. Nor would I be terribly upset about it either.

I would be thrilled to get Berry or Morgan though, and I think we need to grab prospects on defense wherever the value is there, but you dont just close off the offensive side of the draft, that's handicapping your team for no reason.

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    we dont necessarily need rookie linebackers to dominate but be upgrades over the two you mentioned. if those two are our starters look for another 7-9 year. we'll be the 2008 saints

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It's simplistic to say defense was the issue last year, but then again Omar's football acumen has always been simplistic. Reality is that in a passing league with the rules as they are, getting passing weapons has the greatest impact. That doesn't mean you ignore the defense, but it does mean that adding another offensive weapon is necessarily wrong.

And drafting or not drafting a LB in the first three rounds will not be the difference between 7-9 and the playoffs, but a S, Spiller or a TE could be. I'm not saying I would avoid a LB, Graham is my #2 choice behind Thomas, but the big impact there is more long term.

jim1 likes this.
  8. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I found this. It would explain why Omar didn't see Morgan produce much against the Hurricanes (which, I believe, is the only game of Morgan's Mr. Kelly probably watched). It's also an early account of someone hinting at Morgan's athletic limits.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1242904