1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde: Why Ireland survived must be Harbaugh's focus

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Hyde: Why Ireland survived must be Harbaugh's focus
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...aveHyde-blog+(Dave+Hyde+|+Sun+Sentinel+blogs)

2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Ireland and Harbaugh have a preexisting relationship.

But Harbaugh is going to have significant juice, making about twice Ireland's salary. Would not surprise me at all if Harbaugh ends up with final say.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Final say over what? personnel? why would that have anything to do with salaries?

4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The most salient take from this article is that Hyde needs work on his movie facts and reviews. First he screws up the facts, then he comments on the sequel being better than the original? He undermined his review with the mistaken fact (missing the point that Hyman Roth is the one who said, "This is the BUSINESS we have chosen"). Clearly, while the sequel is an all-time great movie in its own right, G-I is arguably the greatest film of all-time. Both are great but for Hyde to state as a matter-of-fact that G-II was better than G-I? lunacy! .

Remove his movie-going privileges for two months (during the off-season)!

5. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Offensive players and decisions. He knows offense, let him have at it.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i have a tough time thinking that the personel was the problem

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    the reason why ireland could be kept imo is simple, he gave TS enough good players to succeed, it was not his decision to play with the oline till the last 10 days of camp, it was not his time management during the games, it was not his offensive calls that went through sparano earphones, tony failed to make this group competetive, especially at home, i also dont believe that he is that great of a motivator he is made to be, to many times this team came out flat at the start of games

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's tough. I think you can make a pretty damned good argument on behalf of both sides. G1 definitely has the more powerful moments, the scene where Michael shoots Sollozzo and the Police Chief the climax. However, Robert DeNiro in GII was such a great performance as the young Corleone that it's not blasphemy to believe the second trumped the first.

9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Scream 2 was way better than Scream 1. Nonetheless both are horror movies that ultimately leave you ****itng your pants...much like college coaches going to the pros.

Look at me! I are a wridur!