1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde: This is competition for Henne?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Don't have a clue as to Devlin, As far as them being similar I got to think that one picked in the second rd would have to have shown something significant over one not even drafted. Love to think they are the same and we got a diamond in the ruff but then I'm a little more realistic and it would take a lot more then a couple preseason practices to make any kind of judgement. But hey they both put their pants on one leg at a time and have five letter last names that begins with D.

Glad they picked him up though we need all the help we can get in that dept and so far am hearing good things about him but come on it's like day 2 in the NFL.........

Beginning to think QB's may not be Irelands specialty..........They always end up saying they like the guys they get so I usually take that lightly........ Hey I'll be hoping......

2. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    We had such a predictable offense last year that Finnegan even said he could guess what route Marshall was running 80 percent of the time before the ball was even snapped. How does anyone in their right mind expect a young Qb to succeed in such a scenario? I'm not saying Henne won't end up being terrible, but it IS irrational to believe he won't succeed based off of last year.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Very wrong statement.

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Why, I don't see anything fallicious about it.

Are we the only 2 enjoying this joke?

ckparrothead likes this.
  5. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Ck, you provide nothing for your argument so why even post?

6. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I think he is disagreeing with your notion that we can't it's irrational to look at last year and see that as a reason Henne won't succeed. I think last year is a very good reason to believe that he won't succeed.

7. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    And that is irrational. Henne was set up to fail from the beginning. All it takes is a little thinking to figure that out.

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Never much cared about basing a new season off the last. :up:

Phinatic425 likes this.
  9. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Henne was easily in one of the worst if not the worst situation for a Qb last year and it doesn't help that he is young inexperienced, a mediocre season was inevitable (I'm suprised we even won 7 games with Henning as OC) It baffles me how anyone could overlook that. Logic.

10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Watch the Ravens game from last season. Evidence and proof.

11. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    That's sarcasm right? Lol.

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Nope. We ran the football well early. Henning went away from the ground game.

13. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Oh yes I see. Sorry I thought you were talking about Henne and I'm like waaa? But yeah there are plenty more games than that though that show Henning's incompetence.

14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Wow, THAT's not condescending to the point of idiocy, not at all. You might even call it fallicious.

15. Phinatic425

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    And your comments aren't? You Henne bashers act like you are the only sane people on here and it's not like you look down on others who don't agree. And I find that especially funny since you guys really don't have a valid argument.

16. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010

I guess I'm an Henne basher so you are implying me also. I don't want to get into the personal stuff but how is it that you don't even recognize Ex. this post you are doing the same thing to the people who just seem to have a different view of Henne's worth. Your not being condesending and looking down on us ??????

Be nice to just allow people to discuss their own views without turning into a target of ones hate and frustration from not being recognized as all Mr All knowing.

As far as Henne, heard every excuse in the book and then some. My opinion is no excuse for all the overthrows to open WR when the Oline was actually giving him time and gee I haven't seen anyone blame it on "Rawlings"........yet....

Henne is getting another shot and this organization has done little with the QB position, so there really is not much of an alternative at this point. To me Henne has shown he should be fighting for a backup, but I hope that I'm totally wrong and he developed into a solid 1st. string QB in the off season...........

Almost everybody goes off at some point, the Fins are a beloved and highly emotional ticket for all of us. So I think we all need to try to step back regroup and realize we all in the same boat and want to see the Fins return to it's glory days as soon as possible......

And yes we ALL are crazy.....and the smart ones are the ones who actually know it.......

17. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    You mean the same game where Henne shotputted a throw to an uncovered Fasano I believe in the end zone right before the half? The same throw where Fasano was no more than 5 yards away from Henne directly in front of him, with no one covering and Henne threw (that's a generous term) at his feet and instead of tying the game at the half we kick yet another field goal?

Also the same game where Sparano admitted he was concerned about ronnie's arbitrary snap counts so theys topped going to him

18. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Do you think Orton's numbers would be the same if he had played for the Fins the last 2 seasons?
    Same schedule same OC same players same division.

19. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    What would Pennington's have been?

20. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    No

Just my unprofessional gut feeling .....I think they'd be better

I think that Orton is a better and more accurate passer with better natural instincts on reads and handling the pocket.

Franchise level I don't think .....better then what Henne has previously showed ...by far....

21. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Take a look at Pennys numbers before he got hurt 0-3

22. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    I would agree that Orton is more experienced but I have a gut feeling that he would have done worse than Henne.

23. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    They're as bad as they were through 3 games in 08.

jdang307 likes this.
  24. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    we faced significantly better competition in 2009 than 2008 the wildcat was done and I believe that the worst thing that happened to the team was to get Penny and the wildcat instead of having a false season things would have developed differently.
    You can't blame Henne for where we are at we should blame Parcells for all of it, he is responsible for all of it, if Henne is the wrong guy it is Parcells fault.
    Management has all the responsibility for the teams fate not one of the players.
    That's what pisses me off about the crucifixion of Henne the team played like **** Henne was in the toilet with the other 52, but the responsibility for the results falls on Parcells and his FO.
    Parcells just left the scene of the accident wit a bag of money.

25. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Kyle Orton QB Rating out of 32 QB's:
    2008 Chicago ranked 25th with a rating of 79
    2009 Denver ranked 14th with a rating of 87
    2010 Denver ranked 15th with a rating of 87

Orton is not an upper tier QB. He is middle of the road. He is an upgrade but not by much.

They can keep him and his contract.

fin13 likes this.
  26. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    So was John Beck. We should bring him back.

fin13 likes this.
  27. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    i can't believe you blame henne for this teams performance.
    these guys with not even 15 minutes of fame, are telling how things are going to be, but they don't have their jobs on the line.
    go get mallet and put your career on the line, no I'm here to second guess.

28. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    And to think these *** clowns pulle Henne and put in Franken Penny. It took only a week of practice and two plays to kill our young QB's confidence. Then he gets hurt. That is what tanked this season. Then Thigpen runs for his life. It was all surreal and I knew right at that time the 2010 season was destroyed.
    This coaching staff delivered the self induced pile driver. *** Holes.