1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humor

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
  2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    ...... or Section at a strip club.

3. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

:lol:

...but seriously, who cares as long as our cap is maintained. what I don't see a lot of is how the off season additions are going to fit (or not). tell me what you think of them and back it up and I will consider your opinion. otherwise it's just noise designed to distract as far as I'm concerned...

smahtaz likes this.
  4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I've actually just been discussing some of this in the OTA thread. Read through pages 4 & 5 and let me know what you think. http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?76885-New-OTA-fix/page4

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, they went against "conventional wisdom" this offseason.

Long jetted instead of overdrafting a LT we went with a once a decade type Lb, instead of "developing our own talent" we signed Mike Wallace etc

This is a high risk, high reward situation and the collective wisdom of the NFL chattering class despises it..players should be paid serfs and little else..

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If we can just start the Gm evaluation as this is his third year, we can truly look at this tenure and judge it as fairly and accurately as possible moving forward, I think if we can do that we would see a sort of rebuild happening once sparano was fired mid season, then the hiring of a new coach by said GM, and the process of building a team with his and his coaches vision, this kind of rebuild results in cap space, we evaluated the roster and saw where we could upgrade, and who needed to go, and made aggressive moves to upgrade..I guess the idea of having the cap space and deserving to look for younger upgrades better players, gets lost in translation of them thinking were the cliche, which is, we're trying to buy a championship..

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    This picture represents what I think of most of the media every season:

[​IMG]

Justright, Lee2000 and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    [​IMG]

9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

10. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I think that discussion to be honest is far more real than anything NFLN or ESPN has produced so far. everyone has their idea of how a player is or isn't going to impact the team. at this point it all is just speculation that I feel we will land somewhere near the most optimistic view, some moves will obviously have less impact or the wrong impact and only time will tell. the media wants to bash the front office, fine Ireland has had his moments, but come on look at the moves and how they fit and not the financial impact. I mean really do we care if Wallace is making $10 million more than Pitt offered him if he scores TD's and stretches the defense like most of us hope? I suspect not and besides it's not MY money. to be honest it's gonna take at minimum next season and maybe the next two before we really know how these moves really turned out.

it seems to me that people in general want to compartmentalize his work to date to fit their own agenda. his early work when heavily influenced by his mentor BParcels I think was very weak but he had his moments even then. Since i think he has been more focused in his actions especially in supplying players for Philbin. as a whole I'd give him a solid C in his total work so far but to be honest 2012/13 has more excited to be a Phins fan than I have been in a long time and that counts volumes for me. I look forward to see how this whole thing is gonna play out, very much unlike previous regimes.

as to the bold doesn't every team in one way or another "buy" a championship? either through the draft, FA or both. we just happened to have the ability to make a noticeable splash this year.

ToddPhin, djphinfan and first&goal like this.
  11. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I guess the media would feel better about us if we didn't spend any money and still had 40 million in cap space.

No, they'd probably be saying we suck and we were tightwads.

DOLPHAN1, ToddPhin and djphinfan like this.
  12. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

I like it!