Huge rift in New England?
53 replies
This isn't Dolphins persee. But it is, really.
There are rumors of a huge rift in New England between Brady, Belichick and Kraft. Apparently, Brady went behind Belichick's back to demand the trade of Garrapolo.
A little hope?
Wow.. other than the Dolphins winning a SB, nothing would please me more football-wise than getting Belichick out of NE (and 2nd to that, Brady out of there). It would also help answer the question of how each would do without the other.
But I'm not getting my hopes up until it actually happens. Great story though!
Sounds like something from The Globe. Jimmy G went for the price most recent guys trade for that are Brady backups (Cassel =2nd) (Jimmy G =2nd).
They look pretty comfortable and also in line for another SB. This article seems hollow.
Something about that story just doesn't smell right. I'll reserve judgement until after the Patriots' season is done but I will add this caveat...
If Belichick goes, so does the Patriots. Brady would have one more decent season then become Brett Favre-esque

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
Unfortunately, most stories like that are overblown....but sometimes those types of stories also bring things to a boiling point. I wouldn't want Belichick to leave though; here's my dream scenario-
Now that Garappolo has been traded at Brady's request, him and Bellicheat get into a huge argument and Brady promptly retires after getting blown out in the playoffs. That leaves Kraft backpedaling and after a 2-14 season in 2018, he fires Belicheat.
To top it off, Belicheat's head lip reader gets laughed out of the league and write's a tell-all memoir, which Harper Collins pays an unprecedented $10M advance for. It hits the NY Times bestseller list for 58 consecutive weeks. Goodell has no choice but to reverse all the Pats Super Bowl wins and strip Kraft of his franchise.
Then Brady, sick with all the hatred, comes out of retirement in 2019, goes 6-10 with the Jets and retires all over again as a final punch line in a corrupt franchise. His wife leaves him for the plumber but let's him keep the dog out of pity...which eventually runs away. While Brady's records are allowed to stand, each of them receive an asterisk and he's never invited to Canton except as part of the help staff.
That's my dream scenario!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Obviously there are a lot of unknowns here but if Belichick has no plans to retire/move on and Kraft chose a 40 year old QB over Belichick, well that's just plain stupid.
I am not sold on Jimmy G but if Belichick saw him as the future, I would ride with Bill. You have to look long term, Bill can stay and put an eventual successor in place to carry you 10+ years perhaps. On the flip side you choose a 40 year old QB where probabilities suggest he won't be top tier in 5 years (let alone 10), is a play away from a devastating injury, and without BB would be in a new system for the first time in 15+ years. Makes no sense.
I would have to think Kraft is smarter than this but hey it's more entertaining than Jags-Bills.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"KeyFin wrote:
Unfortunately, most stories like that are overblown....but sometimes those types of stories also bring things to a boiling point. I wouldn't want Belichick to leave though; here's my dream scenario-
Now that Garappolo has been traded at Brady's request, him and Bellicheat get into a huge argument and Brady promptly retires after getting blown out in the playoffs. That leaves Kraft backpedaling and after a 2-14 season in 2018, he fires Belicheat.
To top it off, Belicheat's head lip reader gets laughed out of the league and write's a tell-all memoir, which Harper Collins pays an unprecedented $10M advance for. It hits the NY Times bestseller list for 58 consecutive weeks, Godell has no choice but to reverse all the Pats Super Bowl wins, and strip Kraft of his franchise.
Then Brady, sick with all the hatred, comes out of retirement in 2019, goes 6-10 with the Jets and retires all over again as a final punch line in a corrupt franchise. His wife leaves him for the plumber but let's him keep the dog out of pity...which eventually runs away. While Brady's records are allowed to stand, each of them receive an asterisk and he's never invited to Canton except as part of the help staff.
That's my dream scenario!
Eh. Wake up..?
When I read this one thought came to mind immediately - Brady's health guru/coach being ousted from the Patriots' facility recently.
So maybe that was BB's swat back at Brady. Likely coincidence but it at least makes you raise your eyebrows a bit.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
When I read this one thought came to mind immediately - Brady's health guru/coach being ousted from the Patriots' facility recently.
So maybe that was BB's swat back at Brady. Likely coincidence but it at least makes you raise your eyebrows a bit.
Let me know when they dont have home field throughout the playoffs for once.
"aesop wrote:
Let me know when they dont have home field throughout the playoffs for once.
Only if you let me know when they don't win the AFC East.
In other words tell my grandkids so they can go tell granpappy the good news at his grave. 2077 will be a great year. Fins up!
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
Only if you let me know when they don't win the AFC East.
In other words tell my grandkids so they can go tell granpappy the good news at his grave. 2077 will be a great year. Fins up!
was this an attempt at a joke? Cause.. No laughs were had.
"aesop wrote:
was this an attempt at a joke? Cause.. No laughs were had.
I apologize. I will do better next time.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
I apologize. I will do better next time.
That's a can do attitude.
I'm calling BS on this one. Much as I hate that little beach Marcia, he has renegotiated his salary and is getting paid WAY less than what he is worth to the Patsies. To win championships, for his team. Don't think he's got much to be all jellie about.
"Puka-head wrote:
I'm calling BS on this one. Much as I hate that little beach Marcia, he has renegotiated his salary and is getting paid WAY less than what he is worth to the Patsies. To win championships, for his team. Don't think he's got much to be all jellie about.
And yet, all that makes it make more sense to me. If I were Brady, and I was taking paycuts to help my team, and I felt I could play another 5 years, I'd be livid if my replacement was on the team and my coach wanted to switch over to him AND had a history of trading veteran players who have value. This doesn't sound like as much BS to me as others seem to think.
"resnor wrote:
And yet, all that makes it make more sense to me. If I were Brady, and I was taking paycuts to help my team, and I felt I could play another 5 years, I'd be livid if my replacement was on the team and my coach wanted to switch over to him AND had a history of trading veteran players who have value. This doesn't sound like as much BS to me as others seem to think.
A parallel to Montana-Young really. Amusing seeing as how Brady idolized Montana and Jimmy G became a 49er.
If you really want to go "Deep State", maybe that is why the Pats traded Jimmy to the 49ers. Mind = blown.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
I assume the meat of the story is true. Just not sure that this 1 event equals a "rift" between the three of them. Now if Brady takes a hit that makes him change his mind and give up football, then this becomes the kindling for an explosive event.
Honestly, i buy into this all the way. I think Kraft has made a huge mistake in this one. Belichick is thinking long term and knows he needs a real successor to Brady. He drafts Garrapolo and gets him ready, then Tom throws a hissy fit and starts talking how hes playing x amount more years. Kraft forces the trade siding with Brady. Now do any if you really believe that Brady is going to be able to play 5 more years at this level? I dont, no way no how. He is still putting up really good numbers but do any of you really think he looks the same this year? I think his ego is really starting to get the best of him, that and his goofy trainer. Now the Pats have an aging QB that will be falling off a cliff in a heartbeat and no successor at the position. Belichick will be retiring in a few years and he was always trying to set them up.
They will find out as we did that its really hard to replace a HOF coach AND HOF qb and continue at a high level. We've been stuck for years in that very same scenario. Once those two are gone in New England, Belichick in particular, they are going to fall into the same mess we are in.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
And anyone doubting Garrapolos ability, didn't he just go 5-0 as the 9ers starter?
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
Frankly, this really couldn't be going any better for us and the rest of the AFCE.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
I think there is at least some merit to this story.
Does anyone here believe that BB isn't a narcissistic prick? BB wants to be thought of as the Creator. The creator of the greatest franchise in NFL history. Why else would he be willing to cheat so often?
The biggest fault in this article is not mentioning Ernie Adams. He's BB's right hand man and some believe he's the brains behind the organization. If Adams were to leave the Pats would not be a lock to win the AFCE each year. If Ernie and the cheating stopped they'd be a middling team. If BB leaves, same thing. If just Brady leaves the team really wouldn't notice. And the article, if true, is evidence of that because BB thinks so too. I'd assume that it would take a few games to adjust, but they'd still be the favorites for the AFCE.
Probably BS...but if there's any coach in the league who is evil enough to trade away Tom Brady, it's Bill Belichick.

"Tin Indian wrote:
And anyone doubting Garrapolos ability, didn't he just go 5-0 as the 9ers starter?
I don't think anyone is doubting him. I, for one, am just cautious not to proclaim him as the next great QB. Lot's of QB's have come in and had great games to start their career only to fade off into the sunset a short while later.
"Tin Indian wrote:
Honestly, i buy into this all the way. I think Kraft has made a huge mistake in this one. Belichick is thinking long term and knows he needs a real successor to Brady. He drafts Garrapolo and gets him ready, then Tom throws a hissy fit and starts talking how hes playing x amount more years. Kraft forces the trade siding with Brady. Now do any if you really believe that Brady is going to be able to play 5 more years at this level? I dont, no way no how. He is still putting up really good numbers but do any of you really think he looks the same this year? I think his ego is really starting to get the best of him, that and his goofy trainer. Now the Pats have an aging QB that will be falling off a cliff in a heartbeat and no successor at the position. Belichick will be retiring in a few years and he was always trying to set them up.
They will find out as we did that its really hard to replace a HOF coach AND HOF qb and continue at a high level. We've been stuck for years in that very same scenario. Once those two are gone in New England, Belichick in particular, they are going to fall into the same mess we are in.
The only problem I see in your post is that the Pats make all their QB's look like HoF'ers. They don't need Brady. Of course it's nice to have him, but they could win with me playing QB. Garop may be the real deal, but everyone thought Cassel was the real deal too.