1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How'd the rest of the AFCE do?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:

Who had the best draft

Poll closed May 12, 2009.
  1. New York Jets

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. New England Patriots

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Tor-Buffalo Bills.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I didnt include the Fins because there is already a poll up for us.

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Probably the Pats just on sheer number of picks. No way they don't hit on some of them. The Jets will look good if Sanchez works out, otherwise this fraction of a draft they had will probably be considered a complete and utter failure.

Is it me or does everything the Jets do just come off as desperation? Dating back to last offseason. It's like Goodell told them, "win a superbowl now or we're taking your team out of the NFL."

3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Pats had the best draft. Not only did they get picks in the best value (late first early second), they also picked up a pair of second rounders for next year.

Jets is a two-player draft, so it is hard to tell what will happen.

And I thought the Bills did terrible just overall.

4. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Pats they didnt get top name players but they did really good

5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Overall best draft has to go to the Pats for Belichick's second round wizardry next year (I can't wait until the Fins have enough talent that they don't need ever single pick that given year and can will and deal for picks the next).

However, I think the Jets got the best QB in the draft and got a nice RB as well. So I think they may have gotten the better potential players from this years draft (I can't factor in NE's next year picks). Because of that and the fact that I can't stand the Pats, I'll say the Jets had the best draft of the three.

6. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    The Jets did pretty well, but the Pats probably had the better of the two, just with sheer amount of picks.

That being said, if Mark Sanchez turns into the franchise QB we hope he does, the Jets will have had the best draft in a long long time.

BZ

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    And if it goes as I expect it will, that being that Sanchez never even becomes a starter, it will be a really really tough draft.

That being said, I honestly think that Shonn Green could end up being the best RB in the draft if that is any consolation.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    You would think that Buffalo would at least try to get a LT in the draft.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    not if they are planning on signing levi jones.....who is expected to be cut by cincy :up:

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I like what Buffalo did....Maybin is the best pure DE in the draft and Jarius Byrd is a ballhawk.

They drafted two potential studs for their interior line in Levitre and Eric Wood.

The Jets put their eggs in one basket with two players. Sanchez considering what was used to get him is high risk, Shonn Greene was a nice pick Thomas Jones is no more than an average back who ran behind a very good OL.

FK the Pats.