1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will the Miami Dolphins use versatile OL Ryan Cook?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...iami-dolphins-use-versatile-ol-ryan-cook.html

No rush T. :pointlol:

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    3 seconds, if he can stay on a block for 3 seconds he'll be good.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The last time Cook was the starter at RT, 2008, he and Colombo came out of the season about as evenly as two RTs could get. Both plus grades as run blockers and minus grades as pass blockers.
    Cook was the 49th OT at -4.3. He committed 9 penalties, 7 sacks, 7 hits, and 26 pressures.
    Colombo was 52nd OT at -5.4. He committed 7 penalties, 7 sacks, 6 hits, and 34 pressures.

The Vikes saw fit to make him a backup in 2009. 16 games played and no starts.
    Part time starter at RG and C in 2010 and IMO, the farther inside he lines up, the better he is.

When I watched him in preseason at C, I liked him a lot there. At RG, he was decent too. Not many 6'7 centers, but man does he do a good job of bending his knees and staying low out of his stance at C. Just got a short look at him, but from that, I thought enough of his center play, that IMO moving Pouncey to guard wouldn't be a bad idea. Once Cook totally learns the offense. At the very least, if Carey does not do the job, just plug him at RG. He is Kevin Gogan like, as for being a tall massive guard.

Sceeto likes this.