1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is Richie Incognito

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I think he is average, ok. But, where is our troubled spots on the oline?
    Pat Red hair McQuistan???? Berger??

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, Richie is normally rock solid and can hit his man on the pull.

His problem is he fails to recognize when he should shift off of double teams, and where he should double team a defender.

Doesn't happen often, maybe once or twice a game, but that leads to sacks.

Berger is a bit inconsistent at the moment, and McQuistan earned a holding flag but there was no pressure up the gut on Henne.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  3. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Richie is fine he Holds up to bull rushes and is a finisher in the run game even if he isnt the most powerful drive blocker...Berger isnt a liability and thats about all Ill give him.. and Jerry is going to be very good.

4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

If Richie is our weak link on the line we are in very good shape imo ... need Jerry back and Berger to keep getting better , Vernon concerns me though.

5. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Thread name should be "How is John Jerry"

6. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    How is John Jerry?

7. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Yea Richie has looked pretty good thus far. Problem here is depth. We need Jerry back. McQuistan did not look very good. Got benched for Procter I believe, who's nothing special either.

8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Incognito has been excellent. He's missed a couple of assignments in each game, but generally he's been very solid.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    We passed for 350+ yards vs that's Jets defense. Our offensive line is pretty good and will get better when Jerry comes back and continues to mature.

10. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    McQuistan earned a holding flag but there was no pressure up the gut on Henne.[/quote]

Could have sworn I saw McQuistan give up pressure up the middle on at least one play. But I deleted the game so I can't go back and confirm it.

11. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Could have sworn I saw McQuistan give up pressure up the middle on at least one play. But I deleted the game so I can't go back and confirm it.

12. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    We just played the best swarming, intense defense in the NFL and came up a crap game by our special teams. Our Oline is solid IMO, with or without Jerry. Mcquistan did a bang up job filling in IMO.

Shows me what they think of Incognito, when we need 1 or 2 or 3 yards, tell me where they run, its either over Incognito or Long or Incognito and Berger but the compelling fact is, its always on Incognitos left shoulder or his right shoulder. Kid has been solid so far. With no TE used usually on our left side, Incognito and Long are making are very formidable pair over there. There is nothing that is going wrong even remotely connected to the term " ability " and, thats a good thing folks.

You do ot get much better then Incognito and Long, maybe as good but not better. Hell, we biatch slapped Hutchinson when we played Minn and he supposedly is the best there is folks. Think about it. We have played the best front 4 in football ( Minn ) and the best corps of Attaching lbers in the NFL ( Jets ) and the left side of our Oline has been short of spectacular. Its easy to point out a mistake here and there but give credit where credit is due, 68 or 69 out of 70 plays a game, Long and Incognito have been solid. Give me those odds in Vegas and I would be a very very veeeeeery rich man.

13. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    If it was only one play then the guy did a bang up job. Nobody is perfect, not even Jake.

14. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    LOL thats one thing I did notice at the Jets game. Mcquistan was ALWAYS or lets say 85% of the time, in Incognitos way on the pull. Not sure if it was the way Mcquistan plays or if he was getting pushed back some. Just the same, on more then several occasions, Incognito had to go around the big guy with Red hair to get where he was going and still got there. :up:

15. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I agree and McQuistan did a pretty solid job filling in for Jerry.

Boomer likes this.
  16. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    He allowed pressure on Henne multiple times. Not good in pass protection at all.

17. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Jake Long for the most part abused Jared Allen and Jason Taylor. He might be the most dominating LT and for that matter OL in the game today. If there's one playing better now I can't think of who it is.

18. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    He made Taylor look like a baby boy, he really did. The only time Taylor got close is when Polite had to block him on that sack, that was it. Most times Long folded him up like a cheap table and placed him on the turf. I can see why Parcells wanted to move on from Jason Taylor. By mid season Taylors elbow will be the size of a grapefruit and that will be that.