1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you delete songs from IPod?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I know it is a silly question to ask, but I usually don't need to. I bought the regular version of Red's CD, and the deluxe version as well. They all got added to one CD, so I need to go back through and edit the duplicates. Thanks as always.:wink2:

2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Delete from Itunes or Ipod?

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Sorry brother, my IPod.:yes: I have the 5th generation classic 80GB if it matters.

like2god likes this.
  4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Just go on iTunes, find a song, hit the delete button on the keyboard. Worked for my older iPods, including the exact one you have. Ought to work.

And :cry: to the Say No to Toyota under your username. My Camry and Highlander have served me well (The Camry got rear-ended once and while the other car's hood, Pontiac, was crushed like a can with engine popping out, the back of my Camry just had a little dent. Should change it to Say No to Toyota Matrix. :up:

Fin Fan In Cali and like2god like this.
  5. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I have the same one. :)

There are 2 ways to do it. The first one involves downloading a small program called Idump, it allows you to remove songs from your Ipod and save them as a copy on your computer.

The second, and easiest way, is to plug your ipod into your computer, open up Itunes and then look on the far left side and you should see a tab that says "John's Ipod" or whatever you named it. Below that there should be a list for Music, Movies, etc. Just click on Music and all of your songs will be listed. Then just right click, select delete and it should be gone.

6. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    That works, but only if the person doesn't have it set up for manual sync. I have mine set up so that my Ipod doesn't update the music unless I actually drag the songs to the Ipod icon, got tired of losing music. :tantrum:

Regan21286 likes this.
  7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea, I feel ya. I switch between computers (one hardcore gaming PC and one Macbook). The gaming PC has all the songs but the Macbook has few. Anytime it gets plugged in, it wants to sync with the Macbook (i.e delete songs off the iPod). So I just set it to manual. Works for vids and pics too. But then playlists, especially custom ones, can be a pain.

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother Mike, I deleted on the go what ever number it was. Reloaded the CD's again, and the Red one is still messed up with both CD's in it. Can I click and highlight the songs to edit them out?

9. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    When you plug your ipod in and open Itunes, does it update songs automatically? Or do you have to drag the songs to where it says "John's IPod"?

I ask because if you have it set up to update your songs automatically, you can delete the song from your ipod, but if it's still located in your Itunes, it will be added the next time you open the program or refresh.

10. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Automatically. I still shows 24 songs under that CD. This is when my Ipod is not connected to my computer. When it is connected and I search the band Red, only 15 songs come up.

11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I just don't like Toyota's responses in general. I will probably not own another one. I tried the delete key, not working.:wink2:

12. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    So it sounds like you were able to remove them from your Ipod, yes? If so, and if all of the songs still appear in your Itunes library when your Ipod isn't plugged in, all you have to do is right click on each song in your library (Ipod disconnected) and select delete. That should remove them and prevent them from being added to your ipod the next time you plug it in. :up:

If you want to change your settings to allow you to manually add songs, plug in your ipod, open Itunes and you'll see a screen with a picture of your Ipod, then name, the available storage space, etc. Look under options and click on Manually Add. Then all you have to do in order to add a song is drag it over to the left tab that says "John's Ipod". To do more than one song at a time, select the first song from the list, and then hold Shift and click on the last song from your CD list and then drag them over. That only works if all of your songs are in order in your library, if they are all over the place then you'll need to hold Ctrl and select your songs.