1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrific Body Odor of a Co-Worker

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Aqua4Ever04, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Write Travis Write Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Our receptionist is..... smelly. Really, really, really ****ing smelly. Like vomit bad. Every time I go into the restroom after her, I literally have to put my shirt over my nose.

That part isn't a huge deal as I can avoid the restroom.

But when she comes to my desk to show me something or ask for something, she leans in WAY too close, and I literally have to hold my breath.

I talked to a co-worker about it and he said he's brought it up to her. How do you resolve this without offending her?

KeyFin likes this.
  2. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    A nice Christmas gift... your welcome lol

Hooke her up with Hygiene Care 101:
    Soap
    Shampoo
    Tooth Paste
    Mouth Wash
    Tic tacs
    Some cooter freshener (could be the problem, you never know) lmao
    And if you wanna be really nice, get her knock off perfume to make her feel really special.

Lucky for you (and her) right now is ‘Tis The Season.

Boik14 and cuchulainn like this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin RIP Phinsational Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Why are you using the women's restroom?

Boik14, danmarino, Fin-O and 3 others like this.
  4. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    -banana peel in front of the stairs?

Boik14, danmarino, Fin-O and 2 others like this.
  5. Aqua4Ever04

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Maybe I'm identifying as a woman this week, TODD! Don't discriminate, you biggot.

Boik14, danmarino, Puka-head and 3 others like this.
  6. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Pics or GTFO. :shifty:

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree I drink your milkshake! Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
  8. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

Informing her that her hygiene is lacking should be HR's job, or her boss. I'd put it on them to deal with.

I used to work in a large Development Center as the Infra Mgr. There was an obese guy that someone hired as a java developer, who decided to start taking those lipozene diet pills that they advertise on TV. It basically made him crap himself constantly, and sometimes violently, and he had anal seepage as well as it just liquefied everything in his bowels. He would make jokes about sitting in "cookie dough" all day.

Anyway, he was constantly ****ting himself and ruining his clothes and whatever chairs he sat in. The Development manager had to send him home several times over smells and other things - like him literally ****ting all over bathroom stalls, spraying **** all over the toliets and floors, and we had to replace desk and office chairs. The cleaning crew used to get pissed all as well.

Finally, they decided to release him as he wasn't a very good developer to start with and he was causing problems and distractions with his co-workers. When they called him into the Director's office to fire him, he actually **** his pants on purpose and ruined a very expensive office chair...

We couldn't wait to get rid of him and still laugh in a grossed out way about this guy sometimes.

You see all types in work environments. Let someone else handle it. lol...

9. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Is she a great big fat lady?

danmarino and Fin-O like this.
  10. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Yeah, I'd go to your superior of the head of HR and mention it. It's not your place to say anything because in this day and age, I'm almost guessing she can sue you for some type of discrimination if you offend her in any way.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  11. Aqua4Ever04

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Of course.

KeyFin likes this.
  12. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I've had to have his conversation with employees several times. It's uncomfortable but most people if they are not aware of it appreciate being told they are offending others. And I've had quite a few who were unable to afford laundry and personal Hygiene products.

NO way in hades YOU say anything to her, even trying to be nice and helpful. Tell your boss, tell her boss or HR and they can address the anonymous complaint. Proper Hygiene is a requirement in most workplaces.

KeyFin likes this.
  13. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    You know, there's another option too- quit working with fat, stanky women and get your freelance writing career started.

Just for fun, PM me what you'll gross this year AND what you think the stinky girl's boss will earn this year. Then I'll PM you back what I earn in an average year sitting around the house in my boxer shorts writing marketing content. Maybe that will nudge you away from the Dark Side, young padawan. The force is strong in you! (can you tell I'm thinking about taking my dad to see the new Star Wars tomorrow? LOL)

14. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    LOL, I get it....not sure these guy's did...but I'm giggling like a school girl.

aesop likes this.
  15. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Fill us in

16. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I messed up the quote damnit.

Fin-O and danmarino like this.
  17. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC

Fin-O and danmarino like this.
  18. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    fire

19. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    Yo dude, what kind of stuff do you do? I'm stay at homing with the 2 y/o atm and just messing around with content mills.

And yes, go see Star Wars, be prepared for preconceived notions to dissipate and enjoy the ride. :D

And yeah, as for OP - get management to handle that ****.

20. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I brought my dad to a matinee today- awesome movie! I really liked the plot twists...that's all I'll say since most folks haven't seen it here yet.

I started out writing basic filler content about 10 years ago, learned SEO & digital marketing at a very high level and the quality of work just kept going up. Now I work for a few Fortune 500 clients, about a half dozen major US marketing firms and a few independent clients, plus I ghostwrite 1-2 books a year for influencers/celebrities. Here's my site- https://upstatesynergy.com/

You mentioned content mills; does that include iWriter? I wrote all the tutorials for that site (I think I'm a national hero in Kenya, LOL). I've done some writing/consulting work for Upwork and most of the main freelance sites as well.

Feel free to call me on my business line if you need some pointers/advice/work...it rings to my home office and I'm almost always here during business hours. I was actually the highest-grossing freelance writer in the world on Elance (Upwork) from like 2006-2009, so I still get job offers daily that I have to turn down.

21. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    Right now it's mostly TextBroker. I only have about 1-3hrs (during naptime) to do anything and they have some stuff you can knock out fairly quick, though the pay isn't great. They've had a huge ebay project lately though writing information for the crap they sell that has been a nice little thing.

22. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    You might want to check around a little more- eBay contracts out to dozens hundreds of websites and they all pay different prices. A few years ago I was writing guides for them through a site called TripleCurve...they paid the most at $49 per guide. However, their editing turnaround took forever because they were just another lousy content mill. I think I knocked out about 20 guides during one week in February and they paid me in July or something crazy like that.

There have been a ton of quality-looking freelance sites to pop up this year and I've been too busy to research them, but I'm guessing you can do better than TextBroker. I'll take a look this weekend if I can find some time.

23. Aqua4Ever04

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Knowing how much you make isn't going to help me get a job as a writer any easier :lol:

KeyFin likes this.
  24. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic 30 years and counting Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I think I just heard cash-in-fist get excited

25. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No, but I could help you get your career started on that path if it's really where your passion is at.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  26. Aqua4Ever04

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Of course it is. I’d write for a living even if t only paid me 2k a month.

KeyFin likes this.
  27. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I can definitely get you in that range almost immediately if you're serious. Give me a call one of these weekends (or whenever you're off) and we can talk about it. I literally turn down enough work for 5 of me to handle full time, so I'd gladly help with some advice/training and whatever else I can.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  28. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=- Club Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Aqua4Ever04 Resigns as Exec VP of Mailroom Amid Sexual Harrassment Scandal

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    McLovin, Boik14, ToddPhin and 4 others like this.
  29. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    The Herald needs some spell check.

30. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full disclosure: I did not read anything involved with this thread. If this seems out of nowhere, it's because it is.

Way back in 2006 I worked for a tech company in florida that did web hosting. We worked with a dude that had major BO. Everyone complained about him. Managers eventually had to get involved. Super awkward. He started showering after they spoke to him.

Spoiler alert: It was me that smelled like poop.

KeyFin and danmarino like this.
  31. Aqua4Ever04

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Sounds good to me!

32. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Alexandria, VA
    What the hell is your company paying employees where they can't afford personal hygiene products? Peanuts? I get that many people don't earn a good living for the work they do, but nobody in the workforce in this country should be that hard up they can't afford simple hygiene products.

LMMFAO at the guy who **** himself on purpose upon getting fired.

Puka-head likes this.
  33. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Still have one typo in there outside of the correction to "inappropriate".

("hygene")

[​IMG]

34. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=- Club Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Of course, I know it's "High-Gene". Let's cut the Herald some slack.

aesop likes this.
  35. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I don't work for them anymore but they pay above minimum wage, full benefit package including company paid medical and tuition reimbursement, free rosetta stone and full time schedule for 95% of staff. 5% WANT part time. Actually unheard of in retailville.

Entry level rehabilitating workers generally, only 30% or so more than 5 yrs but an equal 30% more than two. Stepping stone job. Try taking care of a family of 6 on that. Or maybe they hadn't worked in a while. Single boys don't get a lot of love from social services. Pride prevents them from getting the limited help available. Some just don't know no better.

But I do agree that no one in the workforce should be unable to afford basic necessities, but we need to give the billionaires a tax break so suckit!

ToddPhin, KeyFin and Fin D like this.
  36. Boik14

Boik14 Admin Club Member Retired Administrator

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    i hear CiF is no longer interested in 18 year olds so she must have been a 58 year old great big fat lady :shifty:

aesop likes this.