1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Oct 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I have been a Dolphins fan as long as I have known what football is. There have been times during all these years that I have felt good about the direction of our team. It seems recently that that feeling has been too far and between.

I viewed last season as the start of a turn around but was not sure what to really think of Parcells, Ireland and Sparano. Going into this season I figured the team was going to be similar to last years team because I didn't think they did enough to upgrade the teams weaknesses and a much tougher schedule.

I still think we are a year or so away from being true super bowl contenders BUT for the first time in about 15 years I feel this team is headed in the right direction.

We have a great OL (something I have always harped about) with some good (I think) talent waiting in the wings. Ronnie Brown is young enough that we don't need to worry about the RB position for a few years.

On defense we have a very good and very young DL with the likes of Merling, Langford, Starks and Soliai. In the defensive backfield we have Davis and Smith who I believe are the future at CB. And a bright future at that.

With all that being said the one thing that really put it all together for me this week was the play of Chad Henne. I for the first time since Marino retired finally feel like we have some hope at the QB position. I know it has only been a couple of games but he just shows the poise <sp> we have been lacking at that position for so very long and the physical skills to play the position.

I see the front office addressing our short comings this off season. And as the younger player mature and we add those missing players I see the Dolphins becoming true super bowl contenders for the first time in way too long.

2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Don't jinx us!!! :tongue2:

I am a little skeptical about our D-line. I am also concerned about the future of our LB corps. I think our secondary will improve (crossing fingers) once Clemons comes through. He's a true FS type if I'm not mistaken. I am not harping too much on Bell because, for some damned reason, he is covering TEs when he should not be. He seems to always be one step behind. He has regressed somewhat, but he is just a LB in disguise, and we all knew that. I always had the impression that Gibril was going to take over those duties, but I am not too versed on schemes, etc.

All in all, I feel the same. I think we are headed in the right direction.