Hi...countdown is on...Nine days before the season starts..!!!

27 replies

djphinfandjphinfanSupporterOP
Jul 15, 2014, 04:17 PM

I know, I know, but Deej, the actual season doesn't start til sep, waaa waaa waaaa, are you kidding me, you don't think preseason games matter, scrimmages, training camp battles, this is where the destiny of our team will be determined..

Do you wait for September to know if Jamar Taylor is a big freakin stud?

Do you wait til September before you know that the bigger faster real stronger version of Vern is wrecking fools in practice?

Do you wait to find out that Dallas Thomas is ballin at left guard and that J James is gonna be our fixture at right tackle?

Do you wait til September to hear everyday reports from our own fans who attend and report what they say?

Do you wait til September for Jason Taylor to practice with our Dline and solidify a position amongst our staff.?

NO, you find out in 9 days y'all..

Every season things can go In different directions, the 100 % offseason participation tells me that maybe just maybe this team is pissed off (it's my dream), and if not, maybe just maybe Joe Philbin can find a way to make them play with juice this year, we should able to get a good read on our teams mindset thru coaches and player interviews and all that good stuff.

Sooooo, who's going to committ to camp practices this year...Ozzy?, I know your out there, do you think you can take it easy on all the babes and fun to stop teasing us with that badge of yours.?

CK, how bout a special appearance drive down from Tampa report?..

Fin nasty was the man last year, where you at you nasty mother grabber?

There were some other members that did their thing last year, but I'm selfish, I'm sorry, I'd like to know who will committ to our passion, our hunger for Information in 9 freakin days.?

Can a brother get a date?

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jul 15, 2014, 04:32 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Every season things can go In different directions, the 100 % offseason participation tells me that maybe just maybe this team is pissed off (it's my dream), and if not, maybe just maybe Joe Philbin can find a way to make them play with juice this year, we should able to get a good read on our teams mindset thru coaches and player interviews and all that good stuff.

No Swag allowed, Sir. If it happens, it's gonna have to come from the coordinators/coaches NOT named Philbin.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 04:44 PM

No. Can. Wait.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

Jul 15, 2014, 04:44 PM

Wonder how many more bad headlines Mike Pouncey can rack up in those 9 days.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 15, 2014, 04:46 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Wonder how many more bad headlines Mike Pouncey can rack up in those 9 days.

The over/under is set at 8.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

invidinvidSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 05:16 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Wonder how many more bad headlines Mike Pouncey can rack up in those 9 days.

Here's one!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/alleged-victim-of-assault-says-hell-sue-the-pouncey-twins/

The guy is seriously grasping at straws though. Ricky Vasquez has now gone back to being Riquan James.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 15, 2014, 05:20 PM

Love preseason. The time when regular guys who dont usually have time get to put their scouting goggles on and predict the future of young guys you wouldn't normally see.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 06:45 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Wonder how many more bad headlines Mike Pouncey can rack up in those 9 days.

Or a pic of him in a club shirtless standing next to a white dude with a hoodie on....nahhhh.

Getting back to the main point, I know your a busy married guy, any chance for a road trip Ck?... There's a few hotels right around the campus, hotwire is your friend, lock yourself in a hotel room for a couple days, just get away from it...it was fun when I did one year, ate dinner at Duffys every nite, spirit was high...

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 06:48 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

No Swag allowed, Sir. If it happens, it's gonna have to come from the coordinators/coaches NOT named Philbin.

you don't think the philbster can give them the juice?

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jul 15, 2014, 06:58 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

you don't think the philbster can give them the juice?

Judging solely by his motivational wizardry at this point...no.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 07:05 PM

Here's my problem, training camp reports every day means I'm gonna have to watch NFL network a lot, have y'all seen this woman's body amber theo harris?, my girl Molly in the morning?, good thing that network has hot women reporting football.. It's a frustrating situation cause I hate the dialogue and their football people and love the visual.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 07:06 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

Judging solely by his motivational wizardry at this point...no.

maybe he went to Tom Coughlin school.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jul 15, 2014, 07:09 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

maybe he went to Tom Coughlin school.

Got neutered before graduating then. Has the overall demeanor, not the balls.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jul 15, 2014, 07:13 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

maybe he went to Tom Coughlin school.

Not that I'm not hoping for the best...he's just been less than inspiring to me.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Jul 15, 2014, 08:56 PM

Oh, what the heck...:chuckle:

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jul 15, 2014, 09:41 PM

If Landry plays well it will be everyone saying how they predicted he would succeed. If he plays poorly it will be all those saying they told us he doesn't have the physical ability.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Jul 15, 2014, 10:03 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Fin nasty was the man last year, where you at you nasty mother grabber?

Lol I'll definately be going to a few...

Pray with me for full pads and no indoor bubble on the weekends lol...

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 10:13 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Lol I'll definately be going to a few...

Pray with me for full pads and no indoor bubble on the weekends lol...

Yes..thank you sir

Do I hear another?

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jul 15, 2014, 10:14 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

When Landry plays well it will be everyone saying how they predicted he would succeed.

Fixed.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 15, 2014, 10:46 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

If Landry plays well it will be everyone saying how they predicted he would succeed. If he plays poorly it will be all those saying they told us he doesn't have the physical ability.

Since the get, it's all about what level he can reach ..for me personally to be happy about using our 2nd On him and not someone else, I'd like to see him solidify himself as our slot receiver, have close to a 1000 yards per year, be as tough as nails, score 5 to 7 tds a year, hype the fans up in the stadium, and become a bad ass leader.

My worries in my evaluation of him came after the first down markers, I believe there is a drop off but I'm hoping the territory he can play in he will dominate.

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Jul 16, 2014, 12:27 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Since the get, it's all about what level he can reach ..for me personally to be happy about using our 2nd On him and not someone else, I'd like to see him solidify himself as our slot receiver, have close to a 1000 yards per year, be as tough as nails, score 5 to 7 tds a year, hype the fans up in the stadium, and become a bad ass leader.

My worries in my evaluation of him came after the first down markers, I believe there is a drop off but I'm hoping the territory he can play in he will dominate.

AKA OJ McDuffie. I'd be happy with that.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Jul 16, 2014, 12:30 AM

9 days???!!! Holy s--t!!

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 16, 2014, 02:37 AM

"Clark Kent wrote:

AKA OJ McDuffie. I'd be happy with that.

Yes sir absolutely.OJ Mcduffie is worth a 2nd round pick.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Jul 16, 2014, 09:01 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Yes sir absolutely.OJ Mcduffie is worth a 2nd round pick.

What about the 25th pick overall??
(That's where OJ was taken).

If Jarvis Landry can become an OJ McDuffie that would be nice.

ElNinoElNinoNew Member
Jul 16, 2014, 09:26 AM

Hell yes! Football season, the weather starts to cool down a little, wife makes these killer little sandwiches, Sundays of agony and elation!!! Ah yes, football is near!!!