1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne Will Win Or Lose The Game This Sunday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    In any given Sunday, there are many factors in winning a game. Ya gotta run, stop the run, pressure the QB, win the TO battle, etc., etc.

IMO, this is not one of those weeks. Minny has a VG-great run D, although I believe we can maybe get 100 yards. The vikings secondary is banged up and suspect. Saints had six guys catch passes for 15 yards or better, and Brees missed other open shots.

I have very reliable Insider Info that there will be no wind or rain. :)

Aside from the OL giving him some time, I believe this game is all on Henne.

Thoughts?

the 23rd and KeyFin like this.
  2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Our tackling on D, especially our run D will be the key to this game in my opinion.

Puka-head, dolfan7171 and mullingan like this.
  3. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I agree with this statement.

4. yousamook

yousamook New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Hia-****in-Leah

I believe they did pretty good vs the Bills in tackling. I was really impressed with Clemons and how he got a couple of tackles on or before the line of scrimmage. Hope they feed the wolf this week and get after old man farve and shut down AP.

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Yes they did a great job of tackling against the bills. But tackling AP vs tackling a rookie starting his first game in NFL ever is two completely different situations.

I think we have all seen on numerous occasions when AP makes a guy miss or breaks the first tackle it can be the difference between a punting situation from their 30 yard line, or first and 10 from the opponents 20 yard line.

The first person on him needs to bring him down. I also hope we keep that mentality going, this game and beyond. It will drastically help our D and our team win games, especially games that are going to be close.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Our defense causing turnovers is the most important key in this game
    Henne performing well would be 2nd on my list.

7. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    If Clemons keeps tackling high, as he has shown, he will have a major problem with AP, and many others down the line.

It can work on little guys, and maybe he is going for a strip. It is a concern of mine.

Aside from that, we will wait until Monday to see who is right.

8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I hope that's the case. We're kinda playing with house money in this game. We should give Henne carte blanche to do whatever he thinks he can. Let him be a gunslinger for a game, see how good he is, because I don't think we have a legitimate shot playing ground and pound with this team.

9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I think defense and the run game will be the key in this one. Henne is 2nd imo on that list. I am pretty sure he wont miss that deep pass two times in a row.

10. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    A football game never rides on the shoulders of one player. Every play is an 11 man effort.

11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009

12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree, no one guy ever wins or loses the games, it's a team effort. Every one of the 45/46 active players take part in a game, hell even the practice squad guys put in a weeks worth of work to prepare a team for the upcoming game.

One guy........no way

Trowa and dolfan7171 like this.
  13. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

...recievers need to consistently catch the ball....

brandon27 likes this.
  14. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    I think we will see more this week of ALL facets of the game. For some reason I believe that there may actually be a season game plan in the works here. I think we will doing enough each game to win and will only bring out the big stuff if need be.

We were very conservative last week in many parts of the game and I think that was by design. I think we went into Buffalo with 2 or 3 different plans depending on how the game unfolded. Since Buffalo struggled so much, we kept a lot of key strategies in our pocket. And based on what happens this weekend, we will see more of some of those secrets.

We did it to the Patriots in our first year with the wildcat. We released it when we needed it to make a point and we went 11-5 on the season. I think we are going to experience something similar this year as well but I have NO IDEA what that may be right now!:pointlol:

15. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    I think the key is to capitalize on Minnesota's lack of ball security. We all know Favre can be rushed into making mental lapses, and the D needs to make the play when Favre presents them. Peterson is one of the top backs in the league, but will put the ball on the ground. I'd love to see a ball hawking defense this Sunday with a blanket of coverage on Shiancoe.

16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yup. You're right. Because Sunday its Chad Henne vs the Minnesota Vikings.

:rolleyes:

This team is going to have to do an awful lot, collectively to win this game sunday. The D, the WR's, the OL, and the Secondary. Not just our QB.

One player has NEVER won or lost an NFL game

Sceeto likes this.
  17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Initially, this was my first thought as well. But, truth is Henne will be a HUGE factor in our success or failure Sunday. What's the old adage...no one gets more credit or more blame than the QB? And, frankly I expect more out of Henne than what I saw against Buffalo.

Put it this way, if we play against the Vikes the way we played against the Bills last Sunday, in all three phases (offense, defense, and special teams), I fear we will lose. The difference (or key) will be opening up the offense via the passing game. If we can generate some kind of passing attack, we win this game. And, Henne is obviously key to achieving that.

JMHO.

18. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I agree with Pandarilla, turn Henne loose and lets see what he has got. Minny's secondary is not the best so we should have some guys open in this game. The Vikes strength is their front 7 so running the ball will be difficult. I say we get aggressive from the get go and attack the secondary, make them change what they are doing on D and hopefully open up some running lanes.

19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the four keys to the game:
    1) offensive line fix is in... chemistry & timing are set, they dominate the trench
    2) Henne steps up & does more than manage a game but creates points on the board through utilizing his excellent receiving corp
    3) defense does what it did in Buffalo, systematically brutalize the opposition into submission
    4) get decent field position throughout the game with special teams. like to see Smith return one for 7 to celebrate his new contract.

all doable: Miami by three

football is a team sport, having said that, w/o Henne there will be no win & w/o the offensive line opening running lanes & protecting the QB, there wil be no passing game

20. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I disagree. Ginn did it for the Phins vs Jets last year. Peyton did it against us last year. JMO

21. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I think some may have misunderstood my post. I am not saying that Henne has to throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's as a One Man Gang.

I am saying that few teams are capable of stopping our running game, and Minny is one of them. I cannot see the Vikings scoring 9 points, or being shut down, with us winning a defensive battle.

So, I do not see us winning this game unless Henne plays well. This is one game he cannot just manage and avoid mistakes. I do believe he will be up to the challenge.

22. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    understood & agreed

would add:
    throw in the Williams brothers nightmare & it is very much about our offensive line opening running lanes to jump start a pass game for Henne
    Chad can't do it by himself & we can't win w/o him. team-work will prevail

Miami by three

23. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    So do the DB's cough Jason Allen, Benny Sapp cough cough

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  24. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Every player from both teams will win or lose the game this Sunday.