1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne vs. the NFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm in love with Henne. Taking everything into consideration like salary and especially age, here's a list of the QBs around the league and whether I'd trade Henne for them, straight up.

Buffalo- Trent Edwards - NO
    New England - Tom Brady YES Sorry, but I'd take Brady over Henne and I think you would too.
    jets - Mark Sanchez NO Henne's got a stronger arm and a smaller salary. And he's a man. And Sanchez is a wuss.

Cleveland - Brady Quinn/Derek Anderson - NO
    Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger YES This guy is on fire and still young.
    Cincinatti - Carson Palmer YES tough one, but if he stays injury-free, you gotta take him.
    Baltimore - Joe Flacco NO Another tough one, but I'm gonna be a homer and say Henne will outshine Flacco by the end of next season.

Indy - Peyton Manning YES
    Houston - Matt Schaub - NO this choice was easy cause Schaub is always injured. Without his injury troubles, not sure what I'd say.
    Jacksonville - David Garrard NO
    Tennessee - Vince Young NO

San Diego - Rivers - YES
    Oakland - Jamarcus Russell NO
    KC - Matt Cassell NO
    Denver - Kyle Orton NO

NY Giants - Eli Manning NO Another tough one. The guy's salary # does not equal his ability. Probably a homer pic.
    Philly - Donovan McNabb - NO he's getting old, but he's still got it...for probably only 3 more years.
    Dallas - Romo NOMO
    Redskins - J. Campbell NO

New Orleans - Brees HELL YES!
    Atlanta - Matt Ryan YES
    Tampa - Josh Johnson NO
    Carolina - Delhomme DEL-NO

Detroit - Matt Stafford I DONT KNOW
    Chicago - Cutler YES This guy is good, no matter what happens to the Bears this season.
    Vikes - Favre - NO
    Green Bay - Rodgers YES Yes, he gets sacked a lot cause he holds onto the ball, but this guy is an excellent QB.

Arizona - K. Warner NO Too old
    49ers - Alex Smith No
    Seattle - Hasselbeck NO
    Rams - Bulger NO

So, when I think about the long-term goals of the Miami Dolphins, out of the 31 other starting QBs in the league, I'd trade Henne for only 8 or 9 guys. What do y'all think? Am I crazy?

2. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    To soon to even consider his worth

3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yeah it's tough to evaluate a guy this soon. Besides the elite QB's in this league (Brady, Manning, Brees, etc) I don't think you can really say who he's better than. Although since it's for fun, I'll bite.

I disagree about Matt Ryan. When you consider we got Jake Long AND Henne, I think it's safe to say we made out pretty well. I'm not convinced Matt Ryan is a better QB regardless though.

And I'm not a Jay Cutler fan... at all. Does he still have a losing career record? Denver made out like bandits in that deal if you ask me.

mullingan likes this.
  4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You should have seen me get lambasted on JN last year when I said Rodgers was a better Qb than Favre. You woulda thought I called Jesus a D-Bag or something.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  5. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Seriously? That's asinine.

Brady is (arguably) the best QB in football. Don't let your hatred of the Patriots cloud that fact.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    too soon to gauge his value, I do like what I see though.

gafinfan and steveincolorado like this.
  7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Yes, you are crazy....:wink2:

8. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's no fun.

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I think Henne has the potential to be something very good, but IMO you're really sporting those homer glasses lol

10. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008
    Not too much disagreement at this point since this is mostly based on Chad's perceived potential. Hopefully I won't be adding to my version of the list this time next season. The one I'd disagree on is Flacco. To come from where he has in college and being thrown into the fire in the 11th hour is remarkable, especially considering that his offense is not exactly a Juggernaut. From about the 13th week, his performance has been on par with Ryan's if not even a tad statistically better this season. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  11. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Aaron Rodgers is outstanding.

12. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    I don't even know where to begin.

First off, Tom Brady is better than Drew Brees. Always has been, always will be. I know you'll point to their 2009 numbers when making the comparison, but its the classic case of SSS. In fact, it seems a little ridiculous to compare a half-season of numbers when these guys have been in the league for a combined 20 years.

Career numbers:

Brees: 64.2% Comp, 185 TDs, 106 INTs, 90.5 Rating
    Brady: 63.2% Comp, 213 TDs, 91 INTs, 93.4 Rating

Manning and Brady are the two best in the league at this point. And I also find it interesting that Brady has been able to put up those numbers in New England, while Manning has spent his entire career in a dome.

This is simply nonsense. They're all (Brees, Brady and Manning) in their 30's. Besides, they're not RBs, there's no statistical evidence that their production begins to fall off at that age. In fact, there are numerous cases of QBs being quite productive well into their late 30's.

And if you're going to knock Brady for having Moss, then we have to consider the impact Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne had on Manning's numbers. No? Yeah, you're right, that's ridiculous.

This sounds like wishful thinking with really no evidence to back it up.

NYJ likes this.
  13. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I hope your right. I think Henne is our ticket at qb. But im a fin fan.
    Almost agree with your qb rating all the way almost.

14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Henne will have to make his bones this season in the NFL as the Dolphin starting QB
    the IceMan has to adjust to being top dog, the buck now stops with him
    he needs to get on the same page with his receivers
    & we need to acquire a serious franchise-type WR to help him out in the pass game
    we will have the answers by the end of the year. I think he just needs a little bit of time

would like to see Pennington return to the sideline to help smooth out the transition