Henne Trial- For Some Fun

66 replies

SOSouthbeachNew MemberOP
Feb 14, 2011, 02:35 PM

Guidelines are simple. I am going to put up two threads. One is for Henne, the other is against Henne. This is not for debate, just to have one thread for, and the other against.

Then, everyone can read both and decide if their opinion has changed.

It will also show a popular vote, one way or the other. Please, stay on one side or the other.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 02:37 PM

For Henne

Post any stats, opinions, etc, in Henne's favor.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Feb 14, 2011, 02:43 PM

He looks like a pro QB

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 02:47 PM

He's cheaper than a robot...

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 02:50 PM

ZZZZzzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

gunn34gunn34New Member
Feb 14, 2011, 02:52 PM

Don't we have this every day? Every thread turns into henne bashing/lovefest.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Feb 14, 2011, 02:53 PM

Three threads?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 02:58 PM

This is a preemptive strike thread...

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 03:02 PM

I can see this is starting out very well. One poster is asleep, another is claiming over-statement of the obvious, and a third claiming it's too many threads to read.

Oh well, I thought it may be some fun but, what the hell do I know?

I'm sure that all three posters have much better idea's to talk about off season.

I look forward to posting on their threads.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 03:04 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

This is a preemptive strike thread...

Yes, although any aliens would be MUCH better.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 03:17 PM

LOL
My bad, South...I was going to post something fun and interesting, but my narcolepsy kicked in, and when my head hit the keyboard, my previous post came out.

Either that, or ANOTHER Henne thread, combined with a court setting, put me to sleep.

shaunm000shaunm000Forum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 03:20 PM

Another year or 2 of Henne on the Phins and the 79.00 jersey i bought stays in my rotation..... i really dont want to add it to the retired portion in my closet (taylor, pennington, ronnie?, ricky?)

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 03:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc

He threw this...............

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 03:29 PM

We really needed this thread? I'm so over talking about Henne.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 03:35 PM

"Nappy Roots wrote:

We really needed this thread? I'm so over talking about Henne.

Ever consider not posting to the thread? I have to believe that you got a "hint" by reading the title. LOL

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Feb 14, 2011, 03:39 PM

No...I didnt get a Hint by "For Henne"...That could of meant anything to do with him. Hes still part of the Dolphins, so I would like to know whatever about him. But there was probably 5 threads on the main page debating Henne as a NFL QB...

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 03:54 PM

When QB's are piss poorly managed they tend to be less than impressive. Give the guy a little bit of teaching and try and build his confidence instead of blaming him for all your problems and you just might be surprised at the result.
Yes I am talking to you Henning and Lee.
And to you Sparano you don't get a pass..... you god damn enabler. :angry:

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 03:58 PM

"resnor wrote:

LOL
My bad, South...I was going to post something fun and interesting, but my narcolepsy kicked in, and when my head hit the keyboard, my previous post came out.

Either that, or ANOTHER Henne thread, combined with a court setting, put me to sleep.

LOL Resnor. Fingers are much better to post with than your head. Now, that can be interpreted in an assortment of ways. )

Regardless, fun and interesting posts are MOST WELCOME. Look forward to them.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:01 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

One thread might be a better way to go. Or we could just use any other thread on this forum.

I'll make it simple, though. Henne was terrible at the end of the year and has been horrible, dreadful, pitiful at the end of games when a quarterback's true mental toughness and metal are tested. He's mentally weak and never going to be the quarterback we had all hoped. He'll get one more shot somewhere (might be with us) blow it, and be a backup for 7 or 8 years before he retires and starts selling cars in the Great Lakes area.

Not for me. I wanted to see who has positives and negatives on Henne without picking on others posts. The results may surprise you.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:14 PM

"Nappy Roots wrote:

No...I didnt get a Hint by "For Henne"...That could of meant anything to do with him. Hes still part of the Dolphins, so I would like to know whatever about him. But there was probably 5 threads on the main page debating Henne as a NFL QB...

Agreed, there are way too many, and I have no interest in picking on you. However, you are still posting on all of them. They go away with lack of interest.

I put this up for everyone to take a stand, one way or the other. Ignoring, if ya got a problem is very easy, without bitching and moaning about them. JMHO

BUBuckeyetroopNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:25 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

He looks like a pro QB


Looks can be deceiving.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:42 PM

According to PFF, Henne was rated the #17 QB in the NFL in 2010. #16 was Cutler, #18 was Cassell, #19 was Bradford, #21 was Orten, and #23 was Sanchez.

In 2009, he was also rated at #17. #15 was Romo, #16 was Ryan, #18 was V Young, #20 was Cutler, #21 was Orten, #24 was Cassell, and #27 was Sanchez.

This puts Henne in the middle of the pack after being a starter for less than two full seasons, and in some pretty fair QB company over the past two years.

PFF is a very well respected player grading company, and thei opinion should carry some weight in this debate. JMO

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:47 PM

"Southbeach wrote:

According to PFF, Henne was rated the #17 QB in the NFL in 2010. #16 was Cutler, #18 was Cassell, #19 was Bradford, #21 was Orten, and #23 was Sanchez.

In 2009, he was also rated at #17. #15 was Romo, #16 was Ryan, #18 was V Young, #20 was Cutler, #21 was Orten, #24 was Cassell, and #27 was Sanchez.

This puts Henne in the middle of the pack after being a starter for less than two full seasons, and in some pretty fair QB company over the past two years.

PFF is a very well respected player grading company, and thei opinion should carry some weight in this debate. JMO

You are making too much sense.
Don't try to convince the haters they don't understand development. It is all or nothing now or never for the impatient ones.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 04:59 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

You are making too much sense.
Don't try to convince the haters they don't understand development. It is all or nothing now or never for the impatient ones.

Killer,

Here's the deal, and why I started this "trial." The positive guys are gonna be the same, armed with stats, facts, and valid opinions.

The negative guys are gonna fall by the wayside IF they have no one to pick on, and only have to post among themselves. This is why I split the threads.

Watch in amazement. :)

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Feb 14, 2011, 05:00 PM

Have to play the hand your dealt & make the best of it.
The most positive thing I can say about Henne
is that he's still here. So, lets wish him well
and hope for the best possible end to things.

said this in a previous post...
Henne could conceivably contribute in a myriad of ways:
1) could compete & win the start
2) could be the starter while we break in a rookie QB
3) could serve the team as a back-up
4) could be traded, helping the team gain advantage in the draft or free-agency
what Chad Henne can't be, nor should he be, is ignored

in one way or the other he should contribute to the development of the team.

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -