1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne headlines subtle group of silver linings in 31-10 drubbing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
  2. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Have to agree, these are positives from this weekend. One thing I'd like to add, is the O-line has shown spurts of being pretty good. Penny hasn't really been hit hard yet, and generally has time to throw the ball, which is a MAJOR improvement from last year. Run blocking really need to improve, but overall the o-line has taken a big step forward.

If we can get some pressure on the opposing qb's (and that should come with experience on our DL), reduce penalties, and start gaining yards via the pass (this should happen with more familiarity between Penny and our receivers (and experience with Henne) we will be competitive.

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    That's a good point, though most people on these boards will try to tell you that our offensive line has sucked and that Long, Carey, Satele, Smiley, etc... are all busts.

Give them a few more games to play together, and we should finally see the running attack and pass protection that we all expected.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Nice article Hugo, although we did have an offensive giveaway on the last play of the game last week.

I thought our Run D looked solid, except for that 3rd and 7 draw from deep in the Cardinals zone.

hugoguzman likes this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's hard to deny that Satele has been struggling this season. It seems like every game, Satele is being pushed around by whoever he's going against. Maybe I'm wrong...I'd love to be wrong. I loved Satele last year.

6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Good point. I consider that a throw-away turnover on a desperation last-second pass, but it was a turnover nonetheless.

7. nerfball

nerfball New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    start prepping henne right now. we have new england this week and then a bye. he should be the starter on week 5, at home against the Bolts. pennington, although a smart professional, is finished. he can't throw it anymore and teams know it. he will continue to be a liability and hinderance on offense. he won't make a crucial mistake and give the game away, but unfortunately, he can't win it for you with his arm, either. henne will make his rookie mistakes, but the kids got some swagger out there and he's making guys around him better. he is the best they have at the position right now and he can only get better. stop *****footing around!

let pennington take on the qb coaching role and help henne transition to the starter. teams must respect the deep throw or the running game will never get going. this fundemental thing must be corrected or we will see this pathetic offense all year and the defense, as bad as they are, will be hung out to dry every week.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice article Hugo. I agree completely that Henne showed why he's the future at QB. On the penalties, it was clear watching the game that, as we got further behind, the penalties started to mount. I'm not sold on Camarillo as a starting -caliber wideout, but his average performance yesterday stood out among a slew of poor ones.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    three positives came out of the game for me.

We stopped the run very well

Henne

Ronnie brown is healthy and running angry

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Nice write up Hugo. I agree, our run D was pretty good yesterday. Unfortunately we couldnt stop the pass. Henne looked just as good in preseason, Im trying not to get too excited there though, it was the 4th quarter, in a blowout, so im sure Arizona wasnt going all out at us. Ronnie brown to me is a HUGE positive... too bad our coaches dont see it that way. that man NEEDS the ball.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good write up Hugo, my issues with the game yesterday are the lack of tackling by the Secondary, and IMO, not a good defensive scheme, Akin Ayodele is not going to cover A Boldin for very long.

If our secondary is not sure tacklers, then not even a soft zone can hide that weakness.

12. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for all the feedback and props!

It's tough to find for bright spots after a thorough whooping like that one, but they are there.

That said, I'm really amazed to hear that Crocker will remain a starter. It means one of three things:
    1) Our staff can't evaluate talent (Allen would appear to be more talented than Crocker)
    2) Allen is a terrible practice player
    3) Allen is not starting material

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I say we should just put Allen in a game to see what he can do. I would hate to think we have a gamer and he never gets a chance. Some players have been known to be horrible practice players but awesome in games. I think Allen may be one of those guys. Everytime he's on the field he looks good to me.