1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne has always been a pressure performer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Henne has always been a pressure performer
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...c_henne_1011.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Additional Chad Henne info from Sunday feature story
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...al-chad-henne-info-from-sunday-feature-story/

SargeZ33 likes this.
  2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    he showed that calmness last nite

3. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Definitely, he was an ice cold killer out there. That was certainly one of the best performances since Marino by far. I'm so glad we had Pennington all throughout last year to groom this guy and show him how it's done.

I'm just really excited to watch him play with that kind of swagger week in and week out, and ratchet his game up. I mean I seriously get chills thinking about having our current running attack, Henne, Ted Ginn, and another big time receiver making plays. We WILL be the #1 offense in the NFL if we can find that key WR component that gives us a consistent passing threat.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    A few random thoughts/observations from last night re; Henne.

1) I see him improving. Well, maybe improving isn't quite fair. Let's say getting more comfortable each week. And, he does seem very confident and calm running the offense. Reckon there's something to be said be drafting a four year starter from a big university. Thanks Bill.

2) Dude has a gun. I friggin' love it! That pass to Ginn was a thing of beauty. A couple other throws he made were lasers. When he learns how to make all the throws (touch passes), look out. He could be one of the best in the game in 2-3 years.

3) He's handling coming out and going back into the game with a great deal of poise. Personally, I'd rather see him out there all the time. Or, at least coming out less often. But, gotta tip your cap to the youngster...he's handling it quite well so far.

Yes sir...I do believe we may finally have our first franchise QB since #13 retired.

SeanP likes this.
  5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    On #2, I think he's getting there. He had a couple touch passes in the game (I think one was to Camarillo?). I saw a lot of progress from the high velocity/one-speed cannon we had in San Diego that came in for Penny.

As for #3, I think that's the beauty of how we've groomed him. He's not coming up like a normal QB who is going to sit in every play. This is his environment, this is what he's getting used to, and this will be how he plays for at least the next 5 years if we hold onto Ronnie and keep the WC in play. The commentators talk about QBs getting in and out of rhythm by having to swap in/out for the WC, but I think that might be something Chad gets trained out of by doing it week in and week out.

Henne is fresh, he can be molded, and the kind of QB he becomes will be dictated by his natural talent, the grooming from Pennington and the coaches, and most specifically how this offense uses him. It was interesting, in the little post game ESPN coverage that we had he talked about the fact that during practice thats what he does. I get the feeling that this sort of team first/learn how to keep yourself warmed up when the other guys are in mentality is being gradually engraved in him.

Either way, I feel we're going to see the benefits of this grooming for quite a few years, I'm very optimistic :)