Heading into training camp, Pat White at #44 or?
36 replies
Just for the fun of it, now that MiniCamp is over let's see who "you" think we should have taken instead of Pat White at #44 based on the 5 picks that followed P White:
Clint Sintim
Conner Barwin
Michael Mitchell
Darrel McBath
Max Unger
I would have selected Sintim if it were me. I really liked him and think he could be a great LB in the 3-4... OLB or ILB.
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
I would have selected Sintim if it were me. I really liked him and think he could be a great LB in the 3-4... OLB or ILB.
agreed. i was wanting sintim badly!
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

I think my views on the Pat White pick and how much the Wildcat will really influence the NFL are pretty well known so no need to rehash.
Having said that, I thought passing on Sintim was a big mistake considering how important LB's are in the 3-4D.
RIP Jetssuck
"Coral Reefer wrote:
I think my views on the Pat White pick and how much the Wildcat will really influence the NFL are pretty well known so no need to rehash.
Understated as per usual CR.
Having said that, I thought passing on Sintim was a big mistake considering how important LB's are in the 3-4D.
Well, here is the thing about the white/WC thing, "us" fans have burned soo many times with concept draft picks, Allen Wright, Evans, players who were taken simply because they had upside that the white pick is risky to say the least.
Ah, but if it pans out, we will be way ahead of the curve and actually have some offensive firepower for a change, to me, White is worth the pick.
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
I would have selected Sintim if it were me. I really liked him and think he could be a great LB in the 3-4... OLB or ILB.
Co-Sign, though I did warm up to Pat White after a while, especially after hearing that he'll be used as a QB.
I wanted Barwin at the time, but in retrospect, I'm happy with the White pick.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
The White Pick has grown on me, although If I could redo the draft I'd take Sintim.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"MrClean wrote:
I wanted Barwin at the time, but in retrospect, I'm happy with the White pick.
I bet you were crying when we selected White over Barwin. :lol:
Iam all good, where he was selected shows the committment to the hybrid...

Max Unger.
I guess I was one of the few who was thrilled we took Pat White with the pick. So I would draft Pat White instead of Pat White.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
I guess I was one of the few who was thrilled we took Pat White with the pick. So I would draft Pat White instead of Pat White.
I like the White pick , I thought we took him to early and there is a ton of risk associated with the pick and at the time Sintim was just sitting there, DE/OLB/ILB and athletic...
White scores or passes for 10 Td's or more this season and who could complain?
If White can make the WC muti-dimensional, then the pick is fine ... the FO went with Wake and followed it up with Taylor to fill the OLB requirement -- so they didn't ignore it.
given our remaining ????, not sure there was anyone to fill those voids at that position. NT, G, ILB .... that we would have valued that high.
I really liked Barwin though ... could you imagine Wake (should be perform) and Barwin as our OLBs for the next 5-7 years ...
I like the White pick.
I don't think we are that thin at LB, and with the proliferation of the spread offense, the role of the LB is slightly diminished aside from pass rushing.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
i wouldn't have minded grabbing unger here due to the need for a quality back up on the line being needed. we have aquestion marks on the o-line..can grove compete for a full yr? can smiley give us a full yr?can thomas give us more than one game? the lack of quality depth there showed greater last season than at lb and may still be the case this yr. unger has the ability to play gaurd or center well and even some tackle if needed.
the reason we went to the wildcat was the lack of ability to run the ball. enough depth would make running the cat a non factor thus neggating the need to pick up white at that point in the draft.
Considering where we are with Thomas and the OL/Guard concerns, I had to vote Unger. But at the time I wanted Sintim due to my perception of our lack of talent @ ILB. However after all the discussion of where most of us feel Pat White will take the WC, I am pretty satisfied with White.
2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

I'm not sure Max Unger was high on their board, especially since he may not be much different than Samson Satele.
I'm not complaining about the White pick but I think something that may change the opinion of some is the addition of Cameron Wake. If he's not on the roster, would you still want Pat White or would you take Clint Sintim? I personally thought Sintim was the ideal strong side linebacker and I really thought he could shift down and provide a pass rush in a three point stance. However, if we have another linebacker on the roster then Pat White is fine.
"alen1 wrote:
I'm not sure Max Unger was high on their board, especially since he may not be much different than Samson Satele.
I'm not complaining about the White pick but I think something that may change the opinion of some is the addition of Cameron Wake. If he's not on the roster, would you still want Pat White or would you take Clint Sintim? I personally thought Sintim was the ideal strong side linebacker and I really thought he could shift down and provide a pass rush in a three point stance. However, if we have another linebacker on the roster then Pat White is fine.
Wake and JT was hanging out and he and Sparano were in contact, their OLB bets were hedged if they took P White.
Funny thing is, aside from Sintim, the other players really aren't that tempting, Barwin is a "maybe", McBath, Unger, Mitchell were not really what we needed.
"padre31 wrote:
Wake and JT was hanging out and he and Sparano were in contact, their OLB bets were hedged if they took P White.
Ah ok. Makes sense. :up:
Funny thing is, aside from Sintim, the other players really aren't that tempting, Barwin is a "maybe", McBath, Unger, Mitchell were not really what we needed.
I feel the same way.
I picked Sintim. I would like to improve the inside linebacking corp. I think both Channing and Akin are ok. This would be an instance where Miami could of got one who is better than ok.
I would consider Conner, however he seemed to be too much of an experiment.
I would be upset with Mitchell, however watching his youtube clip where all he does is lay down the lumber, I would feel much better.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Personally, I always thought Sintim was overrated as a LB. I don't seem being able to drop into coverage well enough or be able to turn and run with a man.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Stringer Bell wrote:
Personally, I always thought Sintim was overrated as a LB. I don't seem being able to drop into coverage well enough or be able to turn and run with a man.
Really? I thought his change of direction skills were better than given credit for. I didn't see him having any trouble when he was asked to cover slot receivers this past season. I also watched him cover tight ends without any issues.
