1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBO's 'Family Tree'

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by maynard, Jun 26, 2013.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    A part British, part American comedy. Main character is late-20s or early 30s guy that is a bit down on his luck. He hasn't recovered from a breakup and is unemployed. I don't know the actor, but its the cop from Bridesmaids. He inherits a chest from his great aunt containing some old family items and pictures and is inspired to find out as much as he can about his family history. Lots of quirky and funny characters throughout, including his sister who expresses herself through ventriloquism.

It is a refreshing bit of innocence, especially coming from Game of Thrones. I think I like it more than Veep. Highly recommended.

Fin D likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Lol. I thought I was the only one that liked it, so of course you do as well.

Its mostly ad-libbed. Its essentially the same thing as Spinal Tap, Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. Its done by the same people. They set up scenarios and let the actors basically make up the script as they go. Its directed by Christopher Guest (the 6 fingered man from Princess Bride and Jamie Lee Curtis' husband for those that don't know) and has many of the cast members form those movies as well.

3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Of course. I didn't know that. Curtis is a good haul. The scene from True Lies was fapping material back in the day

the scene where
    the main character opens up his laptop late at night to see the monkey on webcam had me rolling