1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbaugh Thought

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by frags, Jan 4, 2011.

1. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    With exams wrapping up, I felt it was time to once again grace you all with my presence...for better or worse :tongue2:

On to the meat of the thread...For the past few weeks I have gone into a state of reflection both for exams and our beloved Dolphins. I am of the opinion that Sparano should get fired due to among other things his lack of...fortitude. We have a litany of reasons, but that is not the point of this thread. I have tossed and turned the past few weeks about who I thought would best fit our team out of the three hot candidates: 1) Cowher, 2) Gruden, or 3) Harbaugh. I have gone with each one only to change it a day, hour, or week later...Reasons for each are more or less as follows and I know there is always room for argument:

Cowher - love the thought of bringing the Tough AFC North mentality to the AFC East. D coach (I love the D side of the ball most), stability - as seen in PITT, passion, would necessitate the need to fire Ireland, possibly Nolan, etc. to bring his amigos in, but is his heart still into coaching?

Gruden - no need to fire Nolan as he would run the Offense and Ireland the front office. Offensive mind, passion, etc.

Harbaugh - young, offensive mind, former NFL QB, successful in college...does it translate?

I have ultimately concluded that the coach best fit for this job is Harbaugh. Last night's game only cemented that notion. Here is the thought I have been tossing around in my head...do you guys think there lies a possibility that Sparano returns for this year to make room for Harbaugh and Luck (assuming we tank next season)? Sparano would cover any and all issues with the CBA as he knows the squad better than Harbaugh or Cowher/Gruden (See Dallas decision on Garrett) in case there is little time for preparation. Harbaugh, along with Luck, may still choose to challenge for a national title next year and then segway into the NFL. With the connection Ross/Ireland have with the Harbaughs and Michigan, do you think this hypothesis is plausible? I do not see us doing much better next season with Sparano under the helm, but that outcome in large part resides in the OC position. Anyhow, that thought was floating around in my mind and I wanted to share and see some thoughts.

2. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    It is being reported that Harbaugh will not take the Michigan job. If he stays in college it will be at Stanford. If he makes a change it will be to the NFL. It is being reported on Mike and Mike.

3. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    No way does Luck stay without Harbaugh (and even if Harbaugh stays at Stanford it'll be hard to pass up the 50 mil Luck would get) and, IMO, no way does Harbaugh not go to the NFL. However, I doubt he makes it to Miami.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It's also being reported on Detroit talk radio and sports talk radio stations as being the same thing.

Interesting to think we had him in our house yesterday, Ireland was at practice with his father, Ross has met with Sparano but yet to give a decision, kind of feels like we're waiting around to see what Harbaugh thinks.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Something I read yesterday, either in an article or from a poster here is this potential disaster scenario -

We hire Harbaugh.

Harbaugh decides he hates the NFL.

Michigan job opens up in a couple of years.

Could possibly=Nick Saban 2.0

Not saying I think that would happen, but it does make you have to stop and think.