1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbaugh takes shot at Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finzman13, Oct 15, 2008.

1. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
  2. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    who is rich camarillo?

PMZQ and Bpk like this.
  3. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    I read that too.... Apparently John feels that:

25th in the league in total offense
    30th in ypp
    28th in ppg at 15.6, 1/10th lower than the 15.7 we were last year (i believe)
    29th in total points
    21st in total penalties
    29th in passing ypg (although 7th in rushing ypg)

is a very effective offense... Yup, Cams doing agreat job of failing forward fastly in Baltimore and looks like John appreciates and agrees with this vaunted theory as well..

Rich Camarillo seems pretty ticked off too

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Well the funny thing is in Baltimore he's an OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR not a HEAD COACH.

see the post directly above mine as well.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    "i love you rich camarillo!"

EDIT: ****ING CAPS LOCK **** ****

Loyal Fin likes this.
  6. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    Can someone make a sign saying:

"Cam Camoron=worst head coach ever"
    "Fail.. foward.. fast, Camoron"

I wish i could go to the game, i would be holding it proudly...

7. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
  8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    if it adds anything positive to our game, great.

9. heatherln

heatherln New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Lander, Wy
    John Harbaugh is a pretty stand up guy and coach. I think that comment may have been more with front office issues vs players. More than likely, that comment was taken out of context.

GISH and Bpk like this.
  10. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Harbaugh also said Cameron "did a great job last year for what he had to work with."

I would say it's the other way around. The players did a good job last year considering the coach they had to work with.

PMZQ, PSG, funkdat and 1 other person like this.
  11. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    He really proved he knew how to manage a game last year too, when he had Cleo spike the ball on 1st down from (about) the NE (i think) ten with plenty of time left... and then calling a timeout after an incomplete pass

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  12. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I agree Cam was not head coach material - but he also lost his starting RB, QB and I believe 4 OG's and 6 S's during last season. Lets not kid ourselves and say that last year was completely Cam's fault. It was the perfect storm.

Sethdaddy8 and cnc66 like this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Other players, including Joey Porter, shrugged it off. And after awhile, it became clear that latecomers to the locker room were being warned against saying anything inflammatory.

Joey didn't talk?????????? :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  14. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Some of those injuries could've been due to his weak training camp and practices.

And we were getting blown out by bad teams well before Trent Green and Ronnie Brown went down with injuries.

Not totally his fault, but a head coach get's his team to rally around him and buy into what he's doing and Cam certainly didn't do that. He lost his team around week 3 of last year.

15. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I was hard on Cam Cameron,

1st, he trades Wes Welker to the Patriots and nearly gave them the perfect season.

2ndly, he trades our best wide receiver as in Chris Chambers.

3rdly, he drafts Ted Ginn Jr.

4th - John Beck

5th - trades for Cleo Lemon - with endorsement from the Chargers.

I could go on, but in 1 season, Cameron nearly took away 1 of the most proud records that still stands today, "The Perfect Season"..... and also nearly gave us the Un-Perfect season at the same time.

In one season he accomplished something that is hard to do in 30 years....of coaching.

d-1

PMZQ likes this.
  16. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Saban traded for Lemon his first season with Miami.

17. ac_lanham

ac_lanham Junior Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The funny thing is, I bet half of the posters here wanted him as coach...

cnc66 likes this.
  18. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    in hindsight, if we still had chambers welker and teddy ginn...thats really not a bad receiving corps.

then again, henne satele...i dunno.

19. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Joey, who infamously called Cameron a spineless coward (or words to that effect) at a team meeting last year, is guaranteed to go out there with his Defense DETERMINED to strangle Cam's offense.

I hope Joey plays the game of his life.

20. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well done Barry.. nice angle, I'm gunna embrace that one with you ! :hi5:

Damn, "his" defense.. you are the first I can recall to say that.. and it jazzes the crap outa me... make it so Joey!

21. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

lol. Yeah, well Joey has played his heart out this year. Most of his biggest plays come at critical points in the game too.

He's more of a leader on the field than I expected.

I also know he is very ego driven, and hates Cam Cameron. Therefore, he hates the Ravens offense. hopefully he sees Cam Cameron's head on Joe Flacco's body.

Go DOLPHINS!!!!

cnc66 and Coral Reefer like this.
  22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Saban traded for Lemon.

23. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Chambers contract was a killer we all have discussed our frustrations with him, he would make the great sideline catch and drop the easy pass, has he really been that stellar with the Chargers?

Right move trading him maybe not for right now down the road, guys annual salary was way out of wack with his production.

funkdat likes this.
  24. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    True but the history was/is that Cameron basically said this guy was a stud when Lemon came here. For some reason we have some sort of relationship with the Chargers when it comes to trades.

In other words, Cameron was responsible for selling him to us.

We could have had Brady Quinn, instead we picked up Ginn Jr. who Cameron spoke very highly of.

The bottom line is, Marty Shottenheimer was the guy who made the Chargers great and when all his assistants were hired by other team, the Chargers fired him.

Thus far, Ginn hasn't really shown much....

d-1

25. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    thats hardly bulletin board material. he was just trying to say something nice about cameron. he didnt call out our players or anything like that. look at all the injuries we had. we basically played the second half of the season with our 2nd string.

and if you look at what cameron had to work with, most of it was his own fault. they put together that team. we had just as high of a roster turnover last year as this year. After Ronnie got hurt, we were missing our entire offense from the previous season. Chambers, Welker, McMichael, Ronnie, Daunte, Joey Harrington, all gone. We could have won 5 games with Joey at QB. Lemon was absolutely horrible.

Cameron has bad judgement. And apparantely so does Harbaugh. But I wouldnt hold his ignorance against him, as I dont think he was trying to insult our team.

26. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i did'nt i wanted tomlin

27. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Thats not fair. Noone knew Cam would have sucked as bad as he did otherwise why would the people say they wanted him. All i knew was SD was a top 5 offense for the 3 years Cam was OC there, and because of that, AND because of our offensive deficiency, I wanted him. Ill even go on record as thinking, and saying, when we hired Cam, that I thought our average ppg would increase by about 1 TD per game and raise into the low 20's. Much to my dismay, it decreased.

I mean seriously, I bet even the people who DIDNT want him here didnt think we would go 1-15 under him... Anyways, I was wrong about him, but I wasnt wrong about wanting his *** canned.

28. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

That would be funny.

How about

"FAILED.... Forward... Fast.... Out of Miami Camoron"

29. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I don't know if anyone WANTED him.

I think we all realized that we had very slim pickings to choose from and it would be a toss up no matter who we picked that year.

I'd venture to say that those that did want him out of what we had to choose from that year were simply thinking that this is probably the best we'll do with what's available to us rather than Cameron being someone people would have focused on to go out and get with some solid candidates available.

Even is some did, what does it matter? Dosen't change anything.
    If the Phins brass are allowed to make such a mistake then why aren't posters who thought he might be a good HC at the time?

There certainly was no mass consensus of who we all thought might do well.

30. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Tomlin was one name tossed around quitea bit.
    Whisenhunt, Marty and Brian Schottenheimer were names that were also favorites of many as I recall.

At one point the rallying call was around entincing Bill Cowher to come immediately out of retirement as well.

So anyone saying Cameron was a popular choice by the majority on these boards are wrong IMO.

31. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

He was a punter back in the 80's...mostly with the Pats and then for the Cards, I think....played about 15 yrs tho...was a decent punter...

32. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia

It doesn't matter if we hold it against him. All that matters is, lets hope his former players hold it against him and show it on the field.

Bye the way, what happened to Ginn's family? I haven't seen them take one snap or make one play on the field.

33. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I personally wanted Whisenhunt, but I was happy with Cameron when we hired him.

34. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    agreed, i also wanted mike singletary as my 2nd choice, i think we all accepted the hiring because we figured because we had a decent defense he would be a nice compliment....now we know you dont hire someone who does one thing specificly well in the x's and o's, a coach needs to be respected and have the ability to unify a team and motivate.