1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Valentines Day to all the sisters!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Hopefully all the sisters here have had a wonderful Valentine's day.:yes: And to all the Brothers, hopefully you did the right thing.:ffic:

2. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    youre a sweetheart big brother! thanks for the well-wishes!

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

yeah i did the right thing :shifty:

had a hard time figuring out what to buy my hand... but eventually in the end i think he appreciated the gift :up:

4. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Thanks FFIC. Hubby did the right thing, took me to my favorite Cuban restaurant :up: We're not big on the "presents" thing, so it was perfect spending time together.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    question john.....this is not directed at you....but a question sense you mentioned it...

why did this "holliday" (corporate holliday) get labled a womens holiday ?!?!?

why dont the women get put in the dog house if they dont get something nice for hubby? Sexism at its best i suppose...

i was listening to the radio and the girl on the mic said "i have a 200$ minimum on valentines day"

i think to myself....ummmm why doesnt SHE get him something?!?!

this holiday is a joke anyways....i got nothing for my wife, and i asked the same...with tough times economically i dont see any point in giving bogus corporations more money because hallmark decided to make today a holiday....

haha sorry about the rant...

Fin Fan In Cali and anlgp like this.
  6. anlgp

^ what he said.

even without the economic times how come it is seen as a womans holiday? or a holiday at all? ideally shouldn't couples be this way towards each other all the time? or most of the time?

:omg:

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    exactly....why should it take some fake holiday to get something for your loved one? It probably means LESS considering guys are doing it because "everyone else is doing it" or you quote "have to"

8. anlgp

did we just agree on something? :lol:

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    print screen and save lol

anlgp likes this.
  10. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I hear you bro.:wink2: I got a Love Me frog that sits by my computer that my wife got me. You squeeze it and it gives you kisses, and a card. Then we went out to Soup Plantation for a salad for lunch. Then went to my grandma's who is 88 and not feeling well. Did some shopping for her, helped around her house. While out getting groceries, I got my mother in law, and grandma in law each a three piece rose arrangement with a clinging teddy bear on the vase. Went from there to my wife's uncle who will only be with us a short while longer. Had a real nice visit. Then they decided to eat again, now great Mexican food at Anita's. So it was a family day.:hi5:

I took care of my wife yesterday while grocery shopping, I picked up a nice dozen of roses, that were nicely priced, and a card, so when she came home from work last night she saw them. :up:

We always look at it as an us day after 17 years together bro.

dolphindebby, SICK and anlgp like this.
  11. anlgp

I guess if I ever make it that far with one person I will view it the same way.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thats good. the way it should be on a day like today....when my wife and i first got together, we decided no gifts....well thankgod walgreens is open 24hours.....i rolled outta bed about 3am went to walgreens got a bunch of stuff on sale.....and set it up for her when she woke up.....she stayed asleep and never expected a thing. she went out on her lunch break and got me stuff and brought it home as well....a nice even exchange.....but i dont agree with the women who say "he better get me something nice or hes on the couch" or the entire concept of a "womens-only" "guys better get her something good" falacy that exsists in this country when this "holiday" comes around....these damn women john. i dunno what to do with them :lol:

13. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    My man did the right thing too. Got me the ultra cute Coach boots I wanted. Flowers, chocolates, and a nice dinner last night at the melting pot.

dolphindebby and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  14. anlgp

mmmm melting pot

15. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I got it pretty good, because after all these years, my key still fits in the door, we sleep in the same bed, and no matter what happens in life we have each other, and she is my best friend.:yes:

16. anlgp

:lol: @ my key still fits in the door

17. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

my man didn't buy me crap!

:lol:

j/k
    my wife done well.:up:

Fin Fan In Cali and finsgirlie like this.
  18. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    :az:

19. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You're a keeper John.
    My husband and I have been together for 39 years.
    We're so fortunate to have found our soul mates.

Fin Fan In Cali, SICK and finsgirlie like this.
  20. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Flowers. Check. Chocolates. Check. Plush animal. Check. Sneezing every minute at a fancy restaurant. Check. :up:

21. TonyDanza13

TonyDanza13 Keeper of Easter Eggs

Feb 2, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Absolutely. I sent Angela and Mona to a spa and gave Samantha some pictures of me...