1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Ending for most of Vick's Dogs

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by brandon27, Sep 22, 2010.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I thought this was just a great article to read being a dog owner, or an animal lover, or just a human. Great to hear that so many of these dogs have been saved, or re-habilitated so they can get back to normal lives. So much better than having them been put down IMO. Check out the article, I may check out the book as well.

Article:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiVpYD2V92LkvCmFudjbhVJDubYF?slug=dw-vickdogs092110

Check out the link to the website for the organization helping to rehab the dogs as well:
    http://www.bestfriends.org/vickdogs/

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks for the read, but as a dog lover myself.......

I wish somebody would put Mike Vick down. I will never ever ever wish him well.
    I can't really say on here how I feel about Vick, but it isn't good.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    As a dog person, I gotta believe the guy did his time and learned his lesson.

BlameItOnTheHenne and finyank13 like this.
  4. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    As an NFL fan I have to say - Vick was never that good to begin with. Just like Pacman Jones - his court case and subsequent media coverage make people think he is better than he ever was.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I believe in second chances, yes Vick did some bad things, no doubt, but I think he has learned from it...

Consider this, and be honest what is worse....

1) Animal abuse

or

2) Hitting a woman

Obviously I am eluding to Marshall, and I can think of nothing worse than hitting a woman (partly because I deal with them all day in my job). However you have to give a guy a second shot if he pays his debt to society (as Vick did), shows remorse (as Vick did), and is doing the right things (as Vick and Marshall both are doing).

Lastly you always remember what was done, but you have to at some point move on.....

brandon27 and PhiNomina like this.
  6. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    What's worse? Animal abuse. Go ahead and hit a woman. She can hit back, sue you, kill you, maim you, etc. She has a choice and a chance to make those decisions.

What's an animal going to do? Bite you? It sure as **** isn't going to eat you.

Stitches and steveincolorado like this.
  7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    The point is bro, they are both pretty messed up things regardless of whats worse....and I am all over this forum before Miami even got Marshall saying he deserves a second chance, so I would be a hypocrite if I didnt say Vick didnt deserve one either....

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i need to find out where these dogs go to get a massage!

9. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Animal abuse is far worse than hitting a person. Pets are part of families and if someone ever hurt my dogs, the police better find them before I do.

AbideN703 likes this.
  10. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Both are definitely something I'd never do. But a person who abuses an animal, especially a young one (like the skank in Europe throwing puppies off a bridge), I don't see how you can forgive a person like that. Ever

steveincolorado likes this.
  11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    They are both heinous crimes regardless of one can defend itself or not. Just because a woman might have a running chance its still usually a stronger person dominating another person, as animal abuse is a person dominating a weaker being. Are you guys telling me because there is a possibility a child can defend themselves animal abuse is worse then child abuse?

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    While what Vick did is wrong on so many levels, take it one step further and look at some of the other criminals playing in the NFL today. Hell, isn't there a lineman in St.Louis (or at least he was witht he Rams) that was out driving drunk and killed a woman? Same with... Stallworth was it? I love my dog, Moose is great (except for the other day when she took a dump on the carpet), but I love many of the people around me much more. The point I'm trying to make, is theres guys in the league that have physically harmed, and even killed other human beings, and many are ok with that, more than they are ok with Vick still to this day.

I didnt post this article intending on a debate around what happened. I just recall many being upset about these poor dogs, and I read the article today, saying that they are being rehabbed, and given a second chance at life, and thought it was just a good story, and a good thing to know that they are able to move on from this, and they have homes now that are stable, and they are able to live a good life now.

13. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Sometimes...the woman deserves it.

You can not lump all women into one category and say it is never OK to hit them.

Some women are so evil, that words can not describe it.

Stitches likes this.
  14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    you know cause.......they got "happy endings".............

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Depends, is it my dog?

And I don't think hitting a woman (in all instances) is necessarily a heinous crime, if a crime at all.

16. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    not really my point at all.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

Red Rocket, Red Rocket!

SICK likes this.
  18. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Not all women are defenseless frail creatures that you are making them out to be.

Some women need to get the crap beaten out of them...and worse...

19. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I never said they were. You are making what I said to be that, not me. In fact I used the word usually for a reason. :up:

CashInFist likes this.
  20. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Agreed, in self defense sure, like if a woman comes at you with a weapon, but yeah pretty much 10 out of 10 times the court isnt siding with you if you haul off and clock a woman who didnt do anything wrong like the dogs......at least I haven't seen it since I started working here...

there is a crazy law here, if the cops get called to a scene of domestic violence, somebody HAS to get arrested...whether it is the guy or the girl....

21. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I know that Vick did his time, but for what he did, I can never, ever forgive him, never. I can only wish bad things for him, again, things that I can't say on here.

For those that want to forgive him, go ahead, that's your right and I will hold nothing against them. It's their choice.

AbideN703 and finyank13 like this.
  22. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I'm with you man. I never liked him before anyway and I sure as **** don't now. He's learned his lesson has he? How? If he never gets caught, he doesn't stop.

And the thing about DUIs/killing people. Those things are just as bad. Sure you didn't mean to harm anyone by driving while intoxicated but everyone knows that you shouldn't drink and drive.

23. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Sure that part is a happy ending but these are the dogs who survived up until that point. The ones that were there but aren't any longer (a.k.a. dead) are gone because when they lose you're apparently supposed to kill them.

What a fantastic hobby for someone to have. Especially when in their eyes they are not doing anything wrong.

24. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I have to disagree with you. I'm a dog lover, my dog is family bottom line.

However, he did his time, he did what society asked of him. He's trying to make amends, and has spent a lot of time with organizations speaking out against what he did. He grew up into a ****ty culture that perpetuated the concept that this is acceptable.

You can make the same argument about other backwoods cultural ideals. It's wrong, but if the person has never been taught, and given a chance to reform, can you really hold them at fault for not understanding what is right and wrong?

The point I'm trying to make is he's got his one chance to make things right, and so far he's going through the motions. If he's not given a chance to atone for what he did, then he should be locked up forever, because freedom is kind of meaning less then.

25. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    While I don't agree with abusing anyone (women, children, anyone)...that cannot be compared with torturing dogs and having ones killed because they "underperformed." No comparison. If those were humans, he would have been in jail for life.