1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gym/diet help

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by anlgp, Oct 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    np.

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i suck at sleep. its extremely important. im a night owl, and lack discipline...and i pay the price. my days are so much harder than they need to be. if i could just go to bed at 12am, and get up at 7:30 or 8...but i fail every night. 12 rolls around then 1...2...:pity:

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Need serious help with this one. I've been lifting for about three years straight with my longest break probably being two days over schedule (I had a day off and then I added two days to the end of that a few months ago). Once every month or month and a half I'll take one extra day off the cycle (which is a pretty damn grueling nearly 5-6 day a week one with a lot of heavy intensive lifting) usually for midterms or finals (never more than an extra day though except that one occasion). I've battled through elbow pain and for the most part knock on wood it's doing far better.

The question I have is do I need to take serious time off for further gains. I'm almost at my long awaited goal of 200 lbs which I've worked for from a weight of 160 lbs nearly five years ago. I know this sounds silly but I don't what it necessarily feels like to have overtraining. When I take those very rare days off I come back feeling a little weaker which no one I talk to seems to agree with.

Question is should I take say 3 days off this next upcoming week in a row, perhaps more, or perhaps less? I feel like one day off extra (five days then two days off) would be more than enough for me to come back strong, but the one thing I don't know is whether or not the hormones are off. (I do get irritated surprisingly often lately, depressed, angry, fatigued, just not in the gym).