1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gus starting this week

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by wpgfishfan, Sep 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I always thought he was our best post-Marino QB

He is a few years older now but has Peterson

Coral Reefer likes this.
  2. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Yea I agree. He always played hard and held his own for the most part. When Reading about his promotion, it says he has been named the starter for the rest of the year.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Hm... PFT doesn't mention about him starting the rest of the year. Either way, it shows the disappointment Jackson has been. I really think that Jackson is unfortunate. Not with his talent level but rather his durability. The guy was healthy every single game throughout college and now all of a sudden, he's getting injured constantly. Speaking of his ability, he's a poor mans Vince Young. He's inaccurate and may never be a successful Quarterback because of that. QB's need to learn how to pass in todays game or they'll all end up like that. Its unfortunate for the Vikings. They tried to stash Tyler Thigpen on the practice squad but he was picked up by the Chiefs. He could have been serviceable for them in this situation. At least more than Jackson.

4. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    it said on espn that he will start the remainder of the season. Just to clear that up.

alen1 likes this.
  5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't think this necessarily means the end for Jackson in Minnesota. It's just that the Vikings have a ton of talent and can't afford to deal with the growing pains as their season is on the line.

6. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Lets hope he has learned from his days in WA in banging his head on a stone wall. ahhahaha. I hope he stinks it up this wkend because I picked the Vikings to lose in my office $ pool.

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    A QB who struggled to complete 58% and averaged over 200 yards once in his career is our best post-Marino QB? And with decent LT's like Webb, Folau, and Dixon (well, decent compared to Wade Smith at least) as well as quality talent surrounding him, he couldn't lead our team past the semis. Blech. The guy couldn't do anything with Granted the rest either sucked equally (Culpepper, Feeley, Green) or were never really given much of a chance and succeeded elsewhere (Griese, Huard, Rosenfels) so it's hard to say.

8. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think they will be alot better with him under center

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    What? Chambers probowl season man! Other than Ricky in 2002, that's the best we've had post marino. Guy flicking him the ball gets the nod from me :D

Fiedler was a winner though. Until he kept playing. then he became a loser (not that loser, but losing games).