1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitarists that have been in the same band over the years

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I have always liked Thin Lizzy, but of late I have gotten back into them. i was reading up on them, and some of the guitarists that Phil had around him were pretty dang good. Here is a list:

Gary Moore
    Brian Robertson
    Scott Gorham
    John Sykes

I just found that interesting. usually when other guitarists comes in to replace some one it is not the same, but Phil always had talent wailing around him. May he rest in peace.

Is there a favorite band that had good quality guitarists go through it that you enjoy?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

robert fripp has gone through the entire incarnation of king crimson and he is awesome.

adrian belew
    trey gunn, tony levin (they play an instrument called a chapman stick which is basically a bass and guitar in one that you tap to play)

3. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Many of the metal bands I listen to tend to switch musicians back and forth over time. If you think about the camaraderie these guys build over years and years of touring with one another, it's really not a big surprise.

4. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    yea just look at ozzy for instance..great guitarist and bass players going through his gigs. mostly bass players of his playing or played with other bands. the bassist for alice in chains played with him for a while,the bassist for metallica played with him a bit and also suicidal tendancies.

the red hot chili peppers had a slew of guitarist that i enjoyed along with megadeth.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    adam jones of tool

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I love Lizzy. Such a diverse quality band that could do so many different things. You're right about there being so much talent on guitars.