1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Griese Replaces Garcia

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Regan21286, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Good to see him get a shot at starting. Played very well for Gruden (97 QB rating), knows the offense, and Bucs got a lot better with weapons and OL since he left the first time. I'm still rooting for the son of Bob. It's a shame it couldn't work out here with Wade "Turnstile" Smith and Wanny-Jay love ruining the prodigal son's return.

The Associated Press: Bucs' Garcia out against Falcons; Griese to start

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They're trying to move Garcia. They reportedly willing to take any draft pick you give them.

EDIT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

3. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Did Garcia slap Gruden's wife or something because this is pretty shocking. Though I'm happy Griese's been given an opportunity.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think it all started when Gruden and the management tried to trade for Favre. Garcia felt that they didn't have much confidence in him. On the day that Favre's name heated up with the Bucs, Garcia went around the facility saying "dead man walking." Then, Garcia went out and asked for a new deal. I heard he wanted Romo money but I can't say that is 100% true. Once Garcia asked for the money, it all went wrong. Garcia struggled last week and now with him being a problem, they're trying to move him.

5. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'm not surprised SF didn't want Garcia. He's a poor fit for Martz's system as he showed with the Lions I believe. I think the Vikes would be the most likely team willing to fork over a pick for Garcia considering how much they've invested and Jackson's predictably poor play.