1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Stoda: Miami Dolphins’ Dustin Keller appreciates fine details of the game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ew-miami-dolphins-tight-end-dustin-kel/nZPTh/

Drowning, smahtaz, SICK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    been preaching it all off-season. Keller will have a huge impact if he stays healthy. when Keller was hurt last year, Sanchez went from below average to all-world-craptastic. He's a poor man's Tony G, i.e., a QB's best friend. As much as I liked Fasano, often times you had to throw a perfect pass because he was either not open or barely open. that won't be the case with Keller.

P h i N s A N i T y and Sceeto like this.
  3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    this article got me hungry for the damn season to start.

4. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Exactly. Tannehill was heavily criticized in the Jags game for trying to get the ball to Clay on the sidelines. Instead of coming back towards Tannehill, Clay continued his trajectory and the LB made a play on the ball and was able to get into position to knock it away and had he been faster, make a possible INT. It looked as though Tannehill was expecting Clay to do this very thing in coming back down towards him. It is one of the reasons that he and Hartline work the sidelines so well together. Hartline understands this too.

Bpk likes this.
  5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it's more likely than not Dustin Keller has a bigger impact than Mike Wallace

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

7. Bpk

Not me... we are improving as we go through the pre-season. Why rush and eat a half-baked pie?

Patience, mon frère amigo.

54Fins likes this.
  8. Bpk

Interesting point. Wallace will affect the entire defense, but especially the safeties.

Keller impacts how the LBs can play at the LOS, which will give Lamar more running room. LBs have to fear Keller's ability to run past them for a big reception.

Also, thus far Keller has shown a lot of chemistry with Tannehill (plus the old axiom that a TE is a young QB's best friend). Wallace has not developed that chemistry with Tannehill yet.

Drowning likes this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Agreed 100%, he very well could be our MVP this year. He made Mark Sanchez look like an allpro at times. The dude can ball. Hopefully we are resigning him to a long term extension by week 8.

Also, a big bonus, is he knows the division and he WILL dominate the jets when we play, he will be amped!

Colorado Dolfan and cuchulainn like this.
  10. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Depends on what you mean by impact.

11. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

100%.

If Miller establishes himself as a threat the rest will take care of itself.

Bpk likes this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Way I see it, Keller will be THill's "automatic" guy, things break down, he's looking for Keller.

I've predicted 1k yds for him this season, which really is not all that difficult, but oddly iirc something Keith Jackson, Keith Byars and Eric Greene never managed to accomplish for us.

Bpk likes this.
  13. Bpk

Because Danny began his progressions in the opponents endzone. lol. TEs were invisible to him until they ran down there.

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Statistically. But don't forget that Wallace being on the field is also having a big impact on Dustin Keller.

15. Bpk

And Tannehill, Wallace and Miller's ability to produce are all heavily influenced by how our OL does... so let's hope it gels soon.

I have a weird feeling that this biggest 'weakness' of ours will prove a strength, ultimately. Not sure why.

16. Bpk

True. His salary means the Dolphins cannot afford to pay Keller his millions next season.

17. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Agreed.

Bpk likes this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Keller should be very happy about Tannehills ability to throw in the middle of the field, especially the seam route, it's his best pass beside the deep out.

19. Drowning

Drowning ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH

Dec 20, 2007
    Man, from your lips to God's ears. But you have to put it on film. Wallace's wont stop the likes of Bellichick from telling his defense forget Wallace. Let them beat us with Wallace. They haven't proved it yet.,

With the kind of season Lamar Miller is going to have, if we can keep those safeties out of the box, sky is the limit.

Bpk and cuchulainn like this.