Greg Camarillo?

55 replies

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew MemberOP
Apr 16, 2010, 02:14 PM

seeing how we got a 5th for ginn which i was suprised that we got that much what do you think we could get for Grege Camarillo he is a very good slot WR which we dont need and before people thought we would be able to get a 5th for him do you think we would still be able to get that or maybe a forth?

JajJajNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:15 PM

So we can draft another slot WR and hope he's as good as Camarillo? I love it! No.

If Turner impresses you could see it happening.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Apr 16, 2010, 02:17 PM

Why trade someone you want to use, when you can trade Ginn whom you were not going to use?

BB OchoBB OchoNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:23 PM

Don't think Cam would garner any more than a 6 and Miami'd be lucky to get a 6 for him. Ginn was a 5th probably because of his speed, KR/PR ability, and "potential threat" as WR (which we saw once against the Jets).

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 02:23 PM

We might trade Cam before the deadline if Turner explodes in training camp and preseason, but I don't want to move him before that unlikely event actually happens.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:41 PM

"Jaj wrote:

So we can draft another slot WR and hope he's as good as Camarillo? I love it! No.

If Turner impresses you could see it happening.

How often are we really going to go to a four WR set right now he is our 4th WR behind Marshall, Bess, and Hartline he isnt going to get much time next year unless someone goes down with a injury and if we can get a forth for him i would gladly take it and draft Mike Williams in the forth who IMO is the second best WR on the field in this years draft

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:45 PM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

Why trade someone you want to use, when you can trade Ginn whom you were not going to use?

we arnt going to be using him much unless Hartline, Bess, or Marshall go down with an injury he is our 4th best WR

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:46 PM

With Ginn gone and Turner still unproven, I think we need to keep Cam around. He will be a reliable target for Henne to throw to and build confidence. He doesn't turn the ball over and I think Henne looks at him like a safe play when he's being pressured

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 02:47 PM

I'd rather try and reunite Pat Turner with Pete Carrol for a 5th or 6th.

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 02:50 PM

Let's not all forget the game winning drive of the Jets night game so quickly.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 02:53 PM

"Caps wrote:

Let's not all forget the game winning drive of the Jets night game so quickly.

Why, we already forgot another big reason we won that game a few hours ago...:pity:

MBmbmonkNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:54 PM

You aren't going to get much for Cam. Possession receivers are a dime a dozen. Ginn has speed and KR capabilities that is why he was worth a 5th.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 02:56 PM

"Caps wrote:

Let's not all forget the game winning drive of the Jets night game so quickly.

You do know we traded away the player that single handly won us the second jets game right

MBmbmonkNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 03:00 PM

"#1dolphinsfan wrote:

You do know we traded away the player that single handly won us the second jets game right

It's pretty hard to forget because we are constantly reminded of it whenever TG name is mentioned.

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 03:06 PM

"#1dolphinsfan wrote:

You do know we traded away the player that single handly won us the second jets game right

You do know that player lost us as many or more games than he won right

MBmbmonkNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 03:10 PM

"Caps wrote:

You do know that player lost us as many or more games than he won right

TG only wins games for the Dolphins. He NEVER loses them.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 03:17 PM

"Caps wrote:

You do know that player lost us as many or more games than he won right

Care to explain?

Just going off the top of my head -

1. Ted Ginn was integral in winning us one of the Bills game in 2008.

2. I remember he made a huge 3rd or 4th down catch against the Jets in the 2nd game in 2008 that kept a pivotal 4th quarter drive alive.

3. Scored TDs in the Chiefs game and Seahawks games that we won by less than 1 TD.

4. Huge TD catch in the 1st Jets game of 2009 that we won by less than a TD.

5. Two return TDs in 2nd Jets game. Nuff said.

I guess maybe you could make a shaky argument that he cost us the Colts game. He maybe played a role in the Saints loss, but you'll really have a hard time convincing anyone hear he cost us that game himself. Even if I give you that, I count 5 games he helped us win, and 2 he helped us lose.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 03:21 PM

"Caps wrote:

You do know that player lost us as many or more games than he won right

I disagree.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 03:22 PM

Cam would net a lot less than a 5th. I actually doubt we could get anything for him.

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 03:23 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Care to explain?

Just going off the top of my head -

1. Ted Ginn was integral in winning us one of the Bills game in 2008.

2. I remember he made a huge 3rd or 4th down catch against the Jets in the 2nd game in 2008 that kept a pivotal 4th quarter drive alive.

3. Scored TDs in the Chiefs game and Seahawks games that we won by less than 1 TD.

4. Huge TD catch in the 1st Jets game of 2009 that we won by less than a TD.

5. Two return TDs in 2nd Jets game. Nuff said.

I guess maybe you could make a shaky argument that he cost us the Colts game. He maybe played a role in the Saints loss, but you'll really have a hard time convincing anyone hear he cost us that game himself. Even if I give you that, I count 5 games he helped us win, and 2 he helped us lose.

I'm not going to dig back into the past 3 seasons because I don't have the time, but going off his most recent season, and by association the most valid, I feel he cost us both the saints and the colts game off the top of my head, not singlehandedly, but neither of the jets games he helped us win were done singlehandedly either.

Not to mention countless crucial drops for would-be 1st downs that could have potentially kept us in countless other games, all of which can be viewed here

YouTube- Ted Ginn Jr. and Snoop Dogg - Drop it Like it's Hot

I think a lot of the fans on this message board are having ex-girlfriend syndrome, where all you remember are the good times you had once she's gone but not the countless problems that made you leave each other in the first place. No offense to anyone in particular.

late againlate againNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 04:04 PM

"#1dolphinsfan wrote:

we arnt going to be using him much unless Hartline, Bess, or Marshall go down with an injury he is our 4th best WR

Do you think that's a bad thing? I think having a guy who is as reliable as Camarillo as our 4th best (honestly it's debatable) WR is a great thing. It's been a long, long time since we've had depth as solid as this at WR. Injuries can always happen.
By the way, it's quite possible that we see some 4 wide sets now. Why not?
If you have the weapons, why not use them?

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 04:10 PM

"Caps wrote:

I think a lot of the fans on this message board are having ex-girlfriend syndrome, where all you remember are the good times you had once she's gone but not the countless problems that made you leave each other in the first place. No offense to anyone in particular.

I think far more people are focusing on a few bad plays and ignoring the many more good plays he provided. Prior to this year he didn't have an issue with drops and despite his well documented struggles last year he did produce 5 TDs. Outside of RWs and RB I don't know that we have any other players we can say that about.

I'm not saying Ginn is irreplaceable or that I'm not excited by Hartline's potential, but to claim that Ginn lost us more games than he won is grossly inaccurate.

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 04:15 PM

"rafael wrote:

I think far more people are focusing on a few bad plays and ignoring the many more good plays he provided. Prior to this year he didn't have an issue with drops and despite his well documented struggles last year he did produce 5 TDs. Outside of RWs and RB I don't know that we have any other players we can say that about.

I'm not saying Ginn is irreplaceable or that I'm not excited by Hartline's potential, but to claim that Ginn lost us more games than he won is grossly inaccurate.

This isn't baseball where doing your job half the time makes you a .500 hitter and the greatest of all time, being inconsistent just 5% of the time can absolutely kill your value to a team.

If we're counting games where Ginn didn't drop multiple balls as games he "Won" for us, I'd agree with you. But if you put big plays he made against big plays he missed (or worse, big plays he made for the other team) in the 2009 season, the ratio isn't enough for me and it obviously wasn't enough for Sparano, Ireland, or Parcells.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Apr 16, 2010, 04:17 PM

I vote no on the G-reg trade

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MBmbmonkNew Member
Apr 16, 2010, 04:56 PM

"rafael wrote:

I'm not saying Ginn is irreplaceable or that I'm not excited by Hartline's potential, but to claim that Ginn lost us more games than he won is grossly inaccurate.

Claiming any one player 'won' a game is pretty tough. Let's take the classic TG Jets game.

We won that game by 5 points ( 30 - 25 ). When you win a game by that few points any one play that you remove equates a loss. TG did have 2 TD's, absolutely, but let's not downplay other huge plays in that game. JT had a fumble recovery for TD, Henne and the offense made a HUGE TD drive (pass to Hanos) near the end of the game to get us back in the lead. And the D stepped up and made the stop at the end of the game to seal the win.

So you remove any 1 play and we lose. And if we lose the game, Ginn isn't a "Jet Killer". It would have been just a great performance in a loss.

So to say Ginn 'won' that game downplays the big plays other members of the team made.

That being said, was TG a huge part of that win? Sure. Did he help us win? Sure. Did he win it by himself? No.