1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great explanation of Tua

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I’ve been watching Detail: 2020 Draft Special. Nick Saban breaks down Joe Burrow and Tua like I’ve never seen. Explains the defense, the reads and what happened. A must see. On ESPN. I didn’t play so a lot of the play strategy I wasn’t exposed to. Saben breaks it down in easy to understand but technical. A don’t miss IMO.

But who am I. Lol.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    danmarino, resnor and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  2. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Here's a nice one with Saban talking about Tua on youtube. I love this stuff.

danmarino and KeyFin like this.
  3. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    **** Nick ****ing Saban and the bow legged billy goat he rode out of town on.

4. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    True that about Saban but it's a must see for the breakdown of the film. It's like being in a coaches film session.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    “But Tua is a different animal. Obviously every QB's job is made easier with a great run game, but with Tua you're not using it to protect him. You're using it to help wear down the defense before he comes in with the killing blow. He's an assassin and it's just a matter of time before he kills you for even a minor mistake. That TD to win the championship was a perfect example. That wasn't bad defense. Pre-snap Tua identified the potential opportunity, but the safety was in position. Tua moved him, slightly. It was not an egregious mistake by the safety. You're talking a step and a half. But that was enough for Tua to put the dagger in.“

Loved this quote by Rafs, a former scout.

resnor, danmarino, Mafioso and 3 others like this.
  6. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Oh, you mean "eff" the guy that wanted Drew Brees and not Daunte Culpepper? The guy that realized how dysfunctional the Dolphins organization was and how they weren't going to let him have the legitimate shot at winning and got the hell out of the train wreck situation he was in?

No, this is the one time I don't get angry at Saban. The organization at the upper echelon screwed the Dolphins, not Saban

7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

This kid just looks so damn special...mostly in the smarts and accuracy categories, throw in pocket presence for good measure. Has to be the most NFL-ready QB prospect since Andrew Luck, IMO. Injury history is certainly a double-edged sword: had he not had his injury history, we never would have gotten him, but because of that history, he comes with a degree of risk. Personally, I wasn't dying for the team to draft him...I was perfectly fine with the team either drafting him or punting the QB decision to 2021...but now that he's here, he's my QB until he leaves the Dolphins. But if I see another gif of him wearing aqua and orange #13, I'm gonna throw somethin' :)

djphinfan, resnor and danmarino like this.
  8. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I completely agree. He wouldn't have been my pick due to the injury, but now that he's here there's nothing left to talk about- he's our long term QB answer and it's very exciting to see what he becomes in the league. Honestly, I have a feeling that by the time the season rolls around, we're going to hear a lot of noise to start him day one...and I could realistically be one of those voices depending on how he looks pre-season.

I'm still nervous about the hip but it's hard not to be excited about the big picture in that we likely landed a 15-year starter and the face of the Dolphins. He was CLEARLY, OVERWHELMINGLY the best QB in this draft.

You said if it wasn't for the injury we wouldn't have landed him- which is true. But if it wasn't for COVID I don't think we would have landed him either- he would have worked out for a dozen teams and someone would have jumped over us to take him. Cinci could have realistically taken him #1 overall.

9. Surfs Up 99

May 5, 2016
    The way Dilfer was talking about him, I think he has the "IT" factor. Time will tell of course, but if he does, WOOT! It's been a long time coming!

resnor and KeyFin like this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    So glad Grier and Flores didn’t listen to the bogus narrative that you don’t select him because of the hip injury..This is a very special football player and young man, of course you pick the player..

resnor, Surfs Up 99 and PhinFan1968 like this.
  11. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I just really like the breakdown that Saban uses. So much information.

Surfs Up 99 and resnor like this.
  12. Surfs Up 99

May 5, 2016
    Bucky is all in on Tua being an elite NFL QB.

danmarino likes this.
  13. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I could make the argument either way who's the better QB prospect- Burrow has the most poise I've seen in a college QB. Tua is mega-accurate and simply a great leader. We'd be lucky to have either, but I really feel Burrow has higher bust potential since he only performed great one season. Not knocking the kid since i loved him all year long and couldn't stop bragging about him, but I honestly think Tua is the better prospect IF he's healthy.

PhinFan1968 and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  14. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Saban talks about the injuries and how they all happened while Tua was trying to extend plays when there was nothing there. That's something he's got to learn. Throw it away to fight another day.

Surfs Up 99 and KeyFin like this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

The play at 9:15 may be better than the eventual highlight game winner...

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  16. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Being the most active thread in the...

17. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

18. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014