1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo 5 Ready for Release now

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    According to the team at Polyphony, the game is done. It's just being polished. Something isn't adding up. Is it because they're waiting for Forza3? Or can they really polish for over a year?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/gt-5-ready-for-release

Thoughts?

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I worked on Mass Effect. You can polish a game for two years if not more. Ready to release means there are not going to add new features.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    so whenever Sony is ready they can say... Release it?

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    While Forza 3 has damage (not sure GT5 does), at least GT5 doesn't let you rewind any time you make a mistake. :shifty:

5. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Well... The video of the rally driving in the latest GT5 clip shows a Lancer with damage to the hood. So the speculation is that it will have damage. I have to go look for the clip.

Stitches likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Yea, it is generally up to the higher ups at this point if what they are saying is true.

Gran Turismo does have a high standard to hold up to. It could be that the higher ups really want this game to be seen as close to perfect as possible.

Or they are waiting for a good time to release it.

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    gamers dont necessarily care about perfection as much as they do fun. In the end, most gamers will stop playing GT5 a few months after its release. Thats how it goes. Whether or not they polish it up some more from now until they finally do release it isn't going to change that.

Unless of course they plan on never making another GT game again. (HA!)

8. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    If GT5 has damage, then it's worth looking into.

If not, I'll take rewind any day over slamming into a wall at 175 mph and bouncing off.

9. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware

Is that a typo or did you work on Mass Effect?? If it is not a typo then THANK YOU for helping put out an awesome game. If not then you suck for leading me to believe I know someone that created an awesome game:tongue2:

10. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    He did... He used to give us tidbits of info before it came out (without breaking his privacy clause of course). :knucks:

Ducken likes this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That is true, yet gamers do care about quality. I know when my friends play GT4 they played it for more than a few months.

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I was a software tester on that game for three months during the development cycle. It is really interesting seeing a game go from practically unplayable to playable in that time. If you look at the credits of Mass Effect I am there, Brett Dupree.

I wish I could of been on the team longer, however they couldn't find someone to replace me on the Zoo Tycoon Franchise at the time so I went back there.

Ducken, Fin D, mor911 and 1 other person like this.
  13. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    That's crazy. My cousin was a programmer for mass Effect as well. He was in charge of porting it to the PC. When I went to visit him a month before the games release on the xbox I actually got to play through the Eden prime level on the pc.

He left the company after the pc release tho. He works for Turbine now. (LOTR online)

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Ok, I just watched the trailer and the game looks ****ing sick, and there is definitely damage on one of the rally cars at one point. I love rally racing in the GT series, and can't wait to go at it again. Excited to see what Nascar racing offers as well.

sking29 likes this.
  15. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    The Nascar license was a real shocker....Turismo is going to offer some ridiculous replay value....like maybe years.

Fin D and Get Up And Go like this.
  16. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    [ame]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIA_enUS308US308&q=brett+dupree+mass+effect[/ame]

:hi5:

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  17. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Strongly disagree with that statement, not even sure what your basing that on. As much content as the GT games usually have and with this one have deeper WRC and Nascar licenses the replay of this game should be extremely good. Not to mention the amount of time this game has been "waiting in the wings" and anticipated. I know plenty of people that played GT4 well over "a few months". Too each his own I guess.

18. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    the hardcore fans, sure. but most games don't have a shelf life past a few months. Thats what i meant to say. I know people are still going to play it for a long time. Obviously, people still play madden every year right up until the release of the new one.

What i said was wrong. What i meant to say was, nothing that they do from now until launch is going to add or lose any sales for this game, hence they should just get it out. But i know their striving for perfection.

Motion and texanphinatic like this.
  19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It depends though. Take Nintendo for example. They are people who are known for quality games. You know that you are getting a polished game when you are getting a Mario game.

The same is for Gran Turismo. It is known for being a quality game. So to release it without out it being very quality would hurt it more than it would help.

Plus the fact that Gran Turismo is a flag ship franchise. If they release a Gran Turismo that is fun to play and however buggy, it makes the ps3 look bad overall. Yes it would sell tons of copies, however it would hurt the brand.

20. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Is there reason to believe that maybe Sony is wanting to push the game back for Holiday sales or possibly to release it around the same time as God of War III so that they can really make a push to sell consoles or even push it back to combat the new Halo games somewhat?

I have no clue but it seems more logical to do that than to release it now since Sony is coming off of a successful game in Infamous and Killzone 2 before that. Maybe they are trying to space their big titles out to keep interest in their system, since afterall they have been beaten up pretty roughly so far so keeping interest is huge for them.

If Sony would follow a plan like that and do a price drop to $299, they would probably raking in the money and gaining fast in console sales by this time next year especially after God of War III's release.

I don't know if they are delaying the game for any of these reasons but it does sort of make sense.

21. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware

Well that is just too cool:up: Thanks guys.

22. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Bah, he was probably the one responsible for the elevators! :cry:

j/k man :up: Are you saying your working on the Zoo Tycoon game? If so, is there a 3 coming up soonish? And please, for the love of god, let us be able to sell animals again, that **** was bank!

Working for gaming companies is ownage. Just started at Blizzard about a month and a half ago. Didnt know there were so many others, very cool :up: