Gran Turismo 5 Ready for Release now
21 replies
According to the team at Polyphony, the game is done. It's just being polished. Something isn't adding up. Is it because they're waiting for Forza3? Or can they really polish for over a year?
Gameindustry.biz wrote:
Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the forthcoming PlayStation 3 racer, Gran Turismo 5, is feature complete and could be released now if the company chose to.
However, in an interview with Eurogamer, he explained that they're continuing to work on the game in order to polish it and make it as close to perfect as possible.
" at a point we can release it any time we want," he said. "I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it's at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it.
"It's very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail."
He added that the team was working on the connectivity between the PS3 and the PlayStation Portable version of the game.
"We're hoping maybe to make it so you can share the garage with the PSP version so that cars you unlock on PSP will be available immediately on GT5," he explained.
Meanwhile, Turn 10 - the developer behind Microsoft's highly-acclaimed racing franchise Forza Motorsport - has turned up the heat on Yamauchi-san and his team by claiming that it is creating "the definitive racing game of this generation".
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/gt-5-ready-for-release
Thoughts?
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
"mor911 wrote:
According to the team at Polyphony, the game is done. It's just being polished. Something isn't adding up. Is it because they're waiting for Forza3? Or can they really polish for over a year?
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/gt-5-ready-for-release
Thoughts?
I worked on Mass Effect. You can polish a game for two years if not more. Ready to release means there are not going to add new features.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
so whenever Sony is ready they can say... Release it?
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
While Forza 3 has damage (not sure GT5 does), at least GT5 doesn't let you rewind any time you make a mistake. :shifty:
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Well... The video of the rally driving in the latest GT5 clip shows a Lancer with damage to the hood. So the speculation is that it will have damage. I have to go look for the clip.
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
"mor911 wrote:
so whenever Sony is ready they can say... Release it?
Yea, it is generally up to the higher ups at this point if what they are saying is true.
Gran Turismo does have a high standard to hold up to. It could be that the higher ups really want this game to be seen as close to perfect as possible.
Or they are waiting for a good time to release it.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
gamers dont necessarily care about perfection as much as they do fun. In the end, most gamers will stop playing GT5 a few months after its release. Thats how it goes. Whether or not they polish it up some more from now until they finally do release it isn't going to change that.
Unless of course they plan on never making another GT game again. (HA!)
"Stitches wrote:
While Forza 3 has damage (not sure GT5 does), at least GT5 doesn't let you rewind any time you make a mistake. :shifty:
If GT5 has damage, then it's worth looking into.
If not, I'll take rewind any day over slamming into a wall at 175 mph and bouncing off.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I worked on Mass Effect. You can polish a game for two years if not more. Ready to release means there are not going to add new features.
Is that a typo or did you work on Mass Effect?? If it is not a typo then THANK YOU for helping put out an awesome game. If not then you suck for leading me to believe I know someone that created an awesome game:tongue2:
Awesome Avey by gi§h® and Sig by L2G

"Ducken wrote:
Is that a typo or did you work on Mass Effect?? If it is not a typo then THANK YOU for helping put out an awesome game. If not then you suck for leading me to believe I know someone that created an awesome game:tongue2:
He did... He used to give us tidbits of info before it came out (without breaking his privacy clause of course). :knucks:
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
"CitizenSnips wrote:
gamers dont necessarily care about perfection as much as they do fun. In the end, most gamers will stop playing GT5 a few months after its release. Thats how it goes. Whether or not they polish it up some more from now until they finally do release it isn't going to change that.
Unless of course they plan on never making another GT game again. (HA!)
That is true, yet gamers do care about quality. I know when my friends play GT4 they played it for more than a few months.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Ducken wrote:
Is that a typo or did you work on Mass Effect?? If it is not a typo then THANK YOU for helping put out an awesome game. If not then you suck for leading me to believe I know someone that created an awesome game:tongue2:
I was a software tester on that game for three months during the development cycle. It is really interesting seeing a game go from practically unplayable to playable in that time. If you look at the credits of Mass Effect I am there, Brett Dupree.
I wish I could of been on the team longer, however they couldn't find someone to replace me on the Zoo Tycoon Franchise at the time so I went back there.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I was a software tester on that game for three months during the development cycle. It is really interesting seeing a game go from practically unplayable to playable in that time. If you look at the credits of Mass Effect I am there, Brett Dupree.
I wish I could of been on the team longer, however they couldn't find someone to replace me on the Zoo Tycoon Franchise at the time so I went back there.
That's crazy. My cousin was a programmer for mass Effect as well. He was in charge of porting it to the PC. When I went to visit him a month before the games release on the xbox I actually got to play through the Eden prime level on the pc.
He left the company after the pc release tho. He works for Turbine now. (LOTR online)
Ok, I just watched the trailer and the game looks ****ing sick, and there is definitely damage on one of the rally cars at one point. I love rally racing in the GT series, and can't wait to go at it again. Excited to see what Nascar racing offers as well.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
The Nascar license was a real shocker....Turismo is going to offer some ridiculous replay value....like maybe years.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I was a software tester on that game for three months during the development cycle. It is really interesting seeing a game go from practically unplayable to playable in that time. If you look at the credits of Mass Effect I am there, Brett Dupree.
I wish I could of been on the team longer, however they couldn't find someone to replace me on the Zoo Tycoon Franchise at the time so I went back there.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIA_enUS308US308&q=brett+dupree+mass+effect
:hi5:
"CitizenSnips wrote:
gamers dont necessarily care about perfection as much as they do fun. In the end, most gamers will stop playing GT5 a few months after its release. Thats how it goes. Whether or not they polish it up some more from now until they finally do release it isn't going to change that.
Unless of course they plan on never making another GT game again. (HA!)
Strongly disagree with that statement, not even sure what your basing that on. As much content as the GT games usually have and with this one have deeper WRC and Nascar licenses the replay of this game should be extremely good. Not to mention the amount of time this game has been "waiting in the wings" and anticipated. I know plenty of people that played GT4 well over "a few months". Too each his own I guess.

"Motion wrote:
Strongly disagree with that statement, not even sure what your basing that on. As much content as the GT games usually have and with this one have deeper WRC and Nascar licenses the replay of this game should be extremely good. Not to mention the amount of time this game has been "waiting in the wings" and anticipated. I know plenty of people that played GT4 well over "a few months". Too each his own I guess.
the hardcore fans, sure. but most games don't have a shelf life past a few months. Thats what i meant to say. I know people are still going to play it for a long time. Obviously, people still play madden every year right up until the release of the new one.
What i said was wrong. What i meant to say was, nothing that they do from now until launch is going to add or lose any sales for this game, hence they should just get it out. But i know their striving for perfection.
"CitizenSnips wrote:
the hardcore fans, sure. but most games don't have a shelf life past a few months. Thats what i meant to say. I know people are still going to play it for a long time. Obviously, people still play madden every year right up until the release of the new one.
What i said was wrong. What i meant to say was, nothing that they do from now until launch is going to add or lose any sales for this game, hence they should just get it out. But i know their striving for perfection.
It depends though. Take Nintendo for example. They are people who are known for quality games. You know that you are getting a polished game when you are getting a Mario game.
The same is for Gran Turismo. It is known for being a quality game. So to release it without out it being very quality would hurt it more than it would help.
Plus the fact that Gran Turismo is a flag ship franchise. If they release a Gran Turismo that is fun to play and however buggy, it makes the ps3 look bad overall. Yes it would sell tons of copies, however it would hurt the brand.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Is there reason to believe that maybe Sony is wanting to push the game back for Holiday sales or possibly to release it around the same time as God of War III so that they can really make a push to sell consoles or even push it back to combat the new Halo games somewhat?
I have no clue but it seems more logical to do that than to release it now since Sony is coming off of a successful game in Infamous and Killzone 2 before that. Maybe they are trying to space their big titles out to keep interest in their system, since afterall they have been beaten up pretty roughly so far so keeping interest is huge for them.
If Sony would follow a plan like that and do a price drop to $299, they would probably raking in the money and gaining fast in console sales by this time next year especially after God of War III's release.
I don't know if they are delaying the game for any of these reasons but it does sort of make sense.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"mor911 wrote:
He did... He used to give us tidbits of info before it came out (without breaking his privacy clause of course). :knucks:
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I was a software tester on that game for three months during the development cycle. It is really interesting seeing a game go from practically unplayable to playable in that time. If you look at the credits of Mass Effect I am there, Brett Dupree.
I wish I could of been on the team longer, however they couldn't find someone to replace me on the Zoo Tycoon Franchise at the time so I went back there.
Well that is just too cool:up: Thanks guys.
Awesome Avey by gi§h® and Sig by L2G

"Ducken wrote:
Well that is just too cool:up: Thanks guys.
Bah, he was probably the one responsible for the elevators! :cry:
j/k man :up: Are you saying your working on the Zoo Tycoon game? If so, is there a 3 coming up soonish? And please, for the love of god, let us be able to sell animals again, that **** was bank!
Working for gaming companies is ownage. Just started at Blizzard about a month and a half ago. Didnt know there were so many others, very cool :up: