1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta Pimp my work: Storm Chasers begins this Sunday.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by His'nBeatYour'n, Oct 18, 2008.

1. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    I just finished post production work on Discovery's third season of Storm Chasers. If you haven't seen the show (which I must sheepishly admit I hadn't until working on it) it's essentially the movie Twister in real life. Different teams of Storm Chasers are trying to get themselves and their tools in front of twisters throughout tornado alley. Some are working for science, others are just trying to film it, one for his IMAX film and his ambition to eventually get IMAX footage of a direct tornado hit, and another new team for season 3 that sells tornado footage to news outlets all over the world.

Having worked on a few reality shows already, I have to admit what most people already know. We manipulate everything. But Storm Chasers is an exception to that rule. Most of the show, and certainly 99% of the excitement comes from what actually did or didn't happen. I hope you'll give it a chance. And if you were already a fan of the show, I can tell you that the Discovery Channel is very excited about this season.

The third season premieres this Sunday at 10:00 PM EST, on The Discovery Channel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4qZ4Fbnxs&feature=dir[/ame]

JCowScot, HardKoreXXX, YBFM and 4 others like this.
  2. His'nBeatYour'n

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    The Brand New TIV2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZDi4_0pSWg[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vie-qc7KKeA&NR=1"] [/ame]

alen1 likes this.
  3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Bri, I don't know how I missed that you did this, I am impressed. Lordy, we have Simon winning awards at BBC for his show, and now we have you doing this. I have been waiting anxiously for Sundays show.. I can't wait to see the TIV2. The video on that doesn't work btw. This will be an award winner, I can see it coming, it is taking the hunt to a level never before attempted. Anyway, I have great interest in this.. being the weatherhead that I am,[the roll eyes thingie here] please keep us appraised of the action.

4. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Watched the entire first season, good show. :up:

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    cool stuff. i'll watch if SNF sucks.

6. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I watched this show before, good stuff.

7. His'nBeatYour'n

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Replaced the second video with the car commercial for TIV2. I saw that in the movie theater last week, which was very very cool. I've been working in post production for a few years now and I haven't had anything to brag about in a while. The last show I worked on, a show about a family that runs a wrestling company in Arlington, TX got canceled after two episodes, and before that I worked on a reality show for the WE Network. Storm Chasers is one of the few projects that I've worked on that I'd actually watch myself.

Glad to see you're a fan. I can't say whether this will be a great season compared to the others, since I didn't watch them. But the network being this excited and promoting the hell out of it usually means something.

cnc66 and alen1 like this.
  8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    sounds cool bro:up: