1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoT4:4614

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by NaboCane, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    My interpretation was that she was laughing at the Hound.

Correct. They surrendered and were flayed.

The extent of the Mountain's injuries should be revealed before the end of the season.

2. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Assume the worst always. Life sucks and fantasy life sucks even more. It has become a fine line of not being predictable by always having the "good guy" win by being predictable that good guy will most often lose

Yes, Im a book reader. No Im not over Robb Stark

xDOLPHINSx likes this.
  3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    When I watched I thought Mountain was dead too. A draw?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    There are no draws in trials of combat, and the Mountain is not dead. He's heavily wounded, but he's alive.

More information will be forthcoming before the end of the season.

5. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    None of the wounds that the Mountain took looked life threatening. He was stabbed in his chest, but between the plate armor and his physique, it wasn't a deathblow. He did after all, have enough strength to finish Oberyn off. There was no draw, the Mountain won the duel.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [​IMG]

NaboCane and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  7. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    As Desides said more will be revealed.

Let's just say the Mountain is feeling none too good.

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I also thought it was the absurdity of her situation.

Stitches likes this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007

Exactly! His nickname is the red viper for christ sakes!

Mrtree likes this.
  10. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

No such thing as favorite characters for me anymore. I'm just gonna hang on for the ride!

11. Deerless Dice

Oct 30, 2013
    NaboCane and Desides like this.
  12. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    I know it! I assumed the worst beforehand, but the way it played out...gut wrenching, especially as an illiterate. Usually stuff like this doesn't bother me. I can usually tell myself, "Oh well, just a TV show/book, carry on." But I haven't been able to manage it here. Time will heal all wounds I guess. Love this show, I'm mad at it right now, but I still love it. Dark Sansa is kinda hot...so we've got that going for us. Aaaaaannndd she's probably dead now...

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    The book series is called the Song of Ice and Fire. From what I understand the Starks are Ice. I don't think Sansa is going to die for a while.

Though George said her wolf being dead does affect Sansa's story

14. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I think we should ban Desides from posting in this thread. At least until after the season finale. No one is safe from ban hammer. :lol:

SICK likes this.
  15. Speaking for myself all the hints and innuendos being dropped by the book readers is detracting from the experience of watching it. I dont want to know things before im supposed too. Im enjoying riding the narrative as is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Here's the thing, the show is different enough from the books that we book readers don't exactly know what's coming either.

But is basically saying "stuff will happen" any sort of a revelation to you? Of course stuff is going to happen. Wouldn't have a script if stuff didn't happen.

Fin D likes this.
  17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That is a good point. What is the point of a story if nothing happens?

18. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Still, these last few pages have been touch and go with hints. I can see where the TV show only crowd is coming from. That's why I'm no longer posting anything outside of the episode that's aired.

Paul 13 likes this.
  19. Mrtree

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Seinfeld

Paul 13 likes this.
  20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I've never read any part of any of the books. My opinion is strictly from how I have seen things play out.

21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the book readers have done a bang up job not spoiling anything and I commend you guys.

I think if anyone is complaining its because they themselves lack the restraint to keep from clicking spoiler tags.

Also, did the show imply Sansa banged Littlefinger?

Desides likes this.
  22. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Yeah. It was the most exciting thing I have ever read. And then the balloon popped. The words literally jumped off the page.

Sent from my Note 3

23. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I didn't get that implication. The main thing in that scene was Sansa doing needlework, which is symbolism for crafting or building something, specifically related to Winterfell (remember that Sansa and Arya were doing needlework in S01E01). So Sansa is now crafting a plan of her own, and needs Littlefinger for it.

As for what she's doing… no idea. Dark Sansa is new.

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Banging him could be part of a plan though. Her saying she knows what he wants and his pervy grin and the cameras lingering too long on both of those things, with Sansa coming down the stairs not just "dark" but "as a woman now", made me think they were implying they had sex.

25. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    All his grins are prevy though.

SICK and Fin D like this.
  26. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The one thing I love about the Sansa arc is that she may be the only person that can play Littlefinger. Nothing would make me happier than to see him manipulated by her then betrayed.

He may be a sadistic, power hungry manipulator, but I believe he is sincere with his Lady Stark obsession. If Sansa can play off that, the Littlefinger will be a goner.

27. Mrtree

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I've always thought his Cat obsession may be one of the only true aspects to Littlefinger as well.

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If they did, it means they changed a plotline. Littlefinger does seem to transfer his Cat affections to Sansa, but he also does his best to keep it in his pants for a variety of reasons.

We'll see what happens.

Fin D likes this.
  29. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Littlefinger will rule, with his new bride. The Lanisters die in a blood bath that makes the Red Wedding look like a virgin conference, the imp lives because of his kindness.

30. Deerless Dice

Oct 30, 2013
    It's also worth noting that Sansa's story is all caught up with the books at this point. There's one small story aspect that hasn't been explored, which Desides has alluded, but otherwise it looks like her story in season 5 will either be new, filler (aka, not a book story line), or she'll appear sparsely.

31. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm going to make predictions for the season finale... who dies etc etc...I'll put the spoiler tags on it just in case but I have not read the books nor have I looked at any GOT websites etc etc... purely based on my own opinion.. I will not check back into this thread until after the season finale.

Jamie Lannister, I can see him killing his father. But it won't come until after Tyrion is executed. Now, he can be the true hand of the king (pun intended).

Castle Black is lost to the horde from the North. But John Snow is able to escape to the north, his only refuge. The redhead doesn't make it she dies a fiery death, lots of explosions... too many really.

The fat crow (i'm horrible with names) ends up going with Snow but not until he sees the bucktooth wildling girl and baby are eaten by the bald guys.

Does Aryan (Arya?) make it inside Sansa and Littlefinger (he is a terrible overactor with that voice) castle? I think Littlefinger catches wind of her and the Hound coming to spoil their fun and has them executed, thrown down the sky hole... glory hole? :shifty:

What happens to the cripple Stark boy? Probably ends up at that tree of life thing he's in search of and sees a vision of the zombies ruling the world, but circled by 3 dragons who can't eat zombies (not fresh meat) and they end up dying due to starvation.

Oh and Reek gives the Bolton Snow guy a bath he'll never forget.

.... all slightly sarcastic but I'll stand by my predictions only if they are true

xDOLPHINSx likes this.
  32. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Very entertaining predictions

Paul 13 likes this.
  33. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think it's now safe to post this. Pedro Pascal needs to take over writing the books.

[video=youtube;Hpewbz7GwCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpewbz7GwCU[/video]

Den54, Fin D and TiP54 like this.
  34. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    This episode made me wonder.

What happens in trial by combat if both contestants die? Because it certainly looks like Clegane took a killing blow as well. Is it declared a mistrial at that point lol?

35. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The books don't cover ties in trials by combat, and that would be very unlikely anyway.

As for Gregor, he's alive. (No, that's not a spoiler, you could see him breathing at the end.)

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    [video=youtube_share;r8oOi6JOXEQ]http://youtu.be/r8oOi6JOXEQ[/video]

Here you guys go. You can watch this and feel better.

rafael, Ludacris, Clark Kent and 4 others like this.
  37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That was brilliant.

38. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Game of Thrones Reigns Over Sopranos as Most Popular HBO Series

http://tvline.com/2014/06/05/game-of-thrones-most-watched-hbo-series/

39. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I can't say anything shocking really happened tonight. Good episode, but would've liked more than 1 arc.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  40. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The event that I thought was going to happen at the end of this episode was pushed to next week. Next week's episode is going to be huge.

And hey, Ciaran Hinds is back! Talk about under-utilized. Don't understand why they cast an actor as good as him and then give him 5 seconds of screen time.