1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodell: Switching date of Pro Bowl has been a success

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Topdawg13, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Sure Roger, most hate what you've done with the pro-bowl, but it's a success? :pity:

2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO it's an improvement. There has been almost no attention to the pro bowl after the selections were made for years. Nobody went and nobody watched. People were just done with football by then. This year they've already sold more tickets than they have in a very long time, maybe ever. And I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings also turned out to be higher.

3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I've slowly come to agree with your line of thinking. Initially, my reaction to Goodell's comments was "look the Emperor has new clothes". But the more I've thought about it the more I can see it.
    You're right; the Super Bowl is considered the season finale, and the Pro Bowl is somewhat anticlimactic. Well...not somewhat; it's VERY anticlimactic.
    However, play it before and it becomes part of the hype that is the build up to the championship game.